• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAC-50 CADEX Dual Strike Left Hand Conversion

Radioactivebuny

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2018
I got this picture of your gun, and I bet you're on here, whoever you are. I'm eyeing a LH TAC-50 and there's some questions I have and I'm hoping you could help me out in regards to the mods you made to the chassis to accept a LH rifle. If anyone else happens to know or has done this, I'd love to hear about it!

I've been on the phone with everyone from McMillan Stocks, to McMillan Firearms, to Cadex and here's what I know and want to know so far:
1. The Cadex Dual Strike was originally made for the 9.3" action screw spacing but a simple flip of a part in the chassis can make it accept the newer 9.5" spacing. No matter, though, mine's a 9.3".
2. They know of at least one guy (whose rifle is pictured below) who modified a Dual Strike to accept a left handed gun. Pictured below is the inside of the chassis. Is the circled cut on the left a starter cut for the bolt handle? Seems to be exactly opposite the other one. What is this cut and what happens if I continue it through to accommodate a bolt? Is that what it's for?
3. I know I need a bottom safety on mine and am getting a Triggertech trigger for it probably. That solves the old R700 large tang safety incompatibility (and the fact that I'll have an old defective R700 trigger in a TAC-50!)
4. Any other pointers or things I should know would be greatly appreciated. I'll post more as I think of more.

1620930410410.png

1620930911370.png
1620932034949.png

I got this picture of your gun, and I bet you're on here, whoever you are. I'm eyeing a LH TAC-50 and there's some questions I have and I'm hoping you could help me out in regards to the mods you made to the chassis to accept a LH rifle. If anyone else happens to know or has done this, I'd love to hear about it!

I've been on the phone with everyone from McMillan Stocks, to McMillan Firearms, to Cadex and here's what I know and want to know so far:
1. The Cadex Dual Strike was originally made for the 9.3" action screw spacing but a simple flip of a part in the chassis can make it accept the newer 9.5" spacing. No matter, though, mine's a 9.3".
2. They know of at least one guy (whose rifle is pictured below) who modified a Dual Strike to accept a left handed gun. Pictured below is the inside of the chassis. Is the circled cut on the left a starter cut for the bolt handle? Seems to be exactly opposite the other one. What is this cut and what happens if I continue it through to accommodate a bolt? Is that what it's for?
3. I know I need a bottom safety on mine and am getting a Triggertech trigger for it probably. That solves the old R700 large tang safety incompatibility (and the fact that I'll have an old defective R700 trigger in a TAC-50!)
4. Any other pointers or things I should know would be greatly appreciated. I'll post more as I think of more.

View attachment 7624706

View attachment 7624709View attachment 7624732
Does anyone know if Cadex has plans of ever doing a left hand dual strike chassis or rifle in the larger calibers like 375CT, 408CT, 416, 50BMG in a left hand model?

I went well down the rabbit hole on this a long time ago. Sadly the LH TAC-50 I was looking at ended up being sold. I wish I'd snagged it, but instead I got a screaming deal on an M82 with Anzio upgrades and that is no kidding a reliable sub-MOA (0.5-0.9) rifle with Hornady AMAX, so I'm not complaining.

As far as I was aware, there were no plans. I was able to speak to numerous people at Cadex and McMillan, including some directors and managers in my quest, and they were all wonderfully helpful.

But as of my asking around that time, there are no plans. Far as I'm aware, though, I don't think it would take too much to make a RH one take a LH receiver.

Reactions: TheDude219