• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TAC-A1 Rail, Rings advice needed

kimberyote

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
madison county illinois
I have a Tikka TAC A-1 and a Leupold Mark V w/56mm bell and a 35mm tube. This is in a 6.5 CM, and would like to get set up to go 1 1/2 miles, or further if I can.
Could you please recommend which rail and rings I should get? Please and thank you very much!

To get to 1 1/2 miles with a 6.5 Creedmoor, shooting 140 hybrids at 2800 fps, you will need approximately 57 mils or 197 moa. Do you want to be able to zero at 100 yards? You only have about 34 mils total of elevation travel with the Mark 5 (5-25x56). Those numbers just don't work out.

I was strongly considering a similar setup on my Tac A1. The flat railed chassis and the large scope with 35mm tube makes for a real mounting challenge. I was going to use the 20 MOA version of that EGW mount (designed specifically for the Tac A1) and a set of Talley 35mm X-high tactical rings. When I did the math they would clear the 56mm objective with a 20 MOA base, not sure about the 30.

There are several options if you want to use a unimount type mount but few for regular rings. Hope this helps.