• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac con Trigger: jury is still out for me.

doctordoctor

El Doctor
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2011
Erie,pa
So I just got back from the range. I was freezing (9 degrees) on the range and only have a limited amount of ammo when it comes to 223. So I loaded up 60 rounds and I thought I would give my new 3 mode trigger a try. It is a nice smooth crisp break at about 4-4.5 lbs. The reset is nice and I have no complaints with the trigger itself. I am coming from a RRA 2 stage trigger. I then after 5 rounds wanted to try the "fun" mode.

Well.... Lets just say there is a LEARNING CURVE to it. I think I figured it out on my last 5 rounds.... So like I said I think I figured it out. watching the video from my go pro confirms my suspicion that the last 5 rounds did appear to be fired faster than my other so called attempts.

I will tell you that accuracy was not apart of it. I believe this is why I was not getting what was advertised out of it. the moment I went okay lets pull this thing as fast as possible and see what happens... that's when it seemed to work and shine.

So before all the reviews totally dismiss it and start talking up the poor mechanics it creates etc. I (for now) will look at this way... It has a learning curve and I am learning how it functions and "feels." Once I master the concept then my next step will be to add accuracy.

So for me the jury is still out as to how "fun" mode it is. I was persuaded on the last 5 rounds. I just wish I had more ammo to blow and see if I can get it down to a science.

I think I need to conduct a test where I time myself on my normal trigger and then time myself with the TacCon 3MR trigger.

Dr. B

The assisted reset idea is really interesting. It appears that you have a lot more control verses a bump fire stock. I really wouldn't even put this in the same category as that crap. Hammer pairs seem really fast with this set up. What was your overall opinion on the quality of the unit?

Could be interesting with a little more practice. I know $500 is high but at least you can use whatever stock and grip you want. Where did you get it from, thought they were still a couple of weeks out.

I'm kinda interested in what folks have to say about this trigger too. Is it like what we've been goading Geissele to do? To take their FA 2 stage trigger and make the FA setting a 3G setting instead, only this one is single stage? I'm curious as to how it works, how accurate the trigger is, etc., etc.

The assisted reset idea is really interesting. It appears that you have a lot more control verses a bump fire stock. I really wouldn't even put this in the same category as that crap. Hammer pairs seem really fast with this set up. What was your overall opinion on the quality of the unit?

Could be interesting with a little more practice. I know $500 is high but at least you can use whatever stock and grip you want. Where did you get it from, thought they were still a couple of weeks out.

I'm kinda interested in what folks have to say about this trigger too. Is it like what we've been goading Geissele to do? To take their FA 2 stage trigger and make the FA setting a 3G setting instead, only this one is single stage? I'm curious as to how it works, how accurate the trigger is, etc., etc.

Well I was REALLY impressed. It is very nice. It sure better be for the price. I did not come with pins which would have been nice. The trigger itself is very crisp and has a short and pronounced reset. It is much nicer than my RRA 2 stage trigger for sure.
I got the trigger directly from them. Number is 899. My brother and dad got his 1 week ago. They have yet to use them but will do a side by side testing when they try them out the first time. Overall I can't complain. The more I think about it, the more I appreciate it. It is a nice trigger. Like I said once I learn how to use it... I am sure I will love it. My wife will hate it as it sure does eat ammo.

Please update once you get to mess with theirs. If the OQ is good, I might have to snag one of these up before they get banned. I hate true full auto, burst, or bump fire stocks. Accuracy goes out the window with them. This one seems like you could keep the accuracy there and still speed up your delivery.