• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Customer Service Experience

clmayfield

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
I sent my rifle back to Tac Ops for a check up. I was having a few issues. I blew a bunch of primers and pierced another several primers when I was shooting a hot lot of Hornady Superperformance ammo on an extremely hot day in Texas (115 degrees… at one point, the brass was almost to hot to touch before I chambered it). The gun continued to function and I actually did some of my best shooting after this had happened, but I noticed the trigger would “stick” a little bit from time to time. It felt almost like a little bit of creep had developed. I tried cleaning out the trigger group with Ronsonol a couple of times, but it never fixed it and the stick got worse and worse. There was also a similar issue with the bolt stop sticking. The cause, I believe, was the same.

I also had an issue with the lower lug. I was shooting one day and I noticed a scraping feeling while I was working the bolt. I swept the bolt recess with my finger quickly and kept shooting, but I kept feeling the scrape. I gave it a good cleaning when I was done, but after looking at the lower locking lug, I realized.

I have to give Mike Rescigno a shout out for awesome customer service. Recently, I had a bunch of blown primers that gunked up the trigger so bad, I was not competent enough to clean it write. It still functioned, but didn’t feel like breaking a glass rod any more. I also got a tiny rock caught in my lower locking lug recess which caused some galling on the lower locking lug. I am sure it was purely cosmetic, but I was kind of anal about it.

I talked to Mike and told him I needed the trigger group cleaned and the rear face of the locking lugs resurfaced. He told me to send him the barreled action.

The whole time, I kept asking Mike how much I owed him and he always kept talking like he didn’t hear me (those of you who have talked to Mike know what I am talking about). When I got the rifle back, not only did he not charge me for the work, he sent me a $40 check for the shipping to his shop. Of course, I tore the check up.

In addition to the work that I requested, he re-reamed my chamber by about a thou and obviously, resurfaced both the lugs, not just the one with the galling (I wouldn’t expect any less, but I could see some folks paying lip service and screwing up the bolt).

Now clearly, the issues I had were not Mike’s fault in any way. I have dealt with other vendors from this site and others who have tried to talk me into the fact that their product was perfectly acceptable when it was not. With Mike, it was no BS.

I didn’t want to write this up until I shot it today. I shot once, made an adjustment and the second shot was at the top of a 1 ½” bullseye. I made another adjustment and shot and the shot went low and a little left. I shot again to confirm and couldn’t see where the shot landed because it was in the same hole. I shot again to reconfirm and the third shot was again into the same hole, but the hole was now egg shaped enough that I could tell that I sent three shots in the same hole. That’s a Tac Ops.

Thanks again, Mike!

Reactions: deersniper
Re: Tac Ops Customer Service Experience

Yep he knows what he is doing

That's what makes his product the Rolls Royce of precision rifles.

He's a great guy. I'd expect nothing less from him. Mike R is truly a clas act.

I remember a while back on SniperCentral a newbie made a thread bitchin about a scratch on his muzzle crown from the factory... Mike chimed in, and had him send the rifle to him, and Mike gave did a few things to it for free!

Thats badass IMO!!!

Wish he still offered the "Tune-up" package!

For those that have had any dealings with Tac Ops and Mike, this is an example of his standard practice.

He provides super service and builds an awesome rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot again to reconfirm and the third shot was again into the same hole, but the hole was now egg shaped enough that I could tell that I sent three shots in the same hole. </div></div>

You wouldn't have an egg shaped group if all rounds went in the same hole.
wink.gif

It's awesome to hear that gunsmith's stand behind their work even after the sell. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one, too.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember a while back on SniperCentral a newbie made a thread bitchin about a scratch on his muzzle crown from the factory... Mike chimed in, and had him send the rifle to him, and Mike gave did a few things to it for free!

Thats badass IMO!!!
</div></div>

That was me...
He is a great guy, and hope to own a Tac Ops one day. He definitely is in a league of his own.
TJ

I bought a used Tango 51 here on the hide and it needed a minor repair(No Fault of Tac-Ops). I called Mike R. and he took care of it at no charge and had it back to me in less than a week.Since then I have gotten another rifle, a suppressor and a .260 being built as we speak. I have never met Mike,but when I call him he always gets back to me and is a great person to deal with. His rifles speak for themselves and I think the reason for that is because Mike R. is the man behind them. It has been a pleasure doing business with Tac-Ops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glad your quality issues were addressed quickly by Tac Ops.</div></div>

To be sure, this was not a quality issue.

For an equivalent, this is like if I threw a party and it got a little rowdy and someone threw a full bottle of beer at the screen and it broke. If I called Sony and asked them to repair the screen, do you think that they would repair the screen for free and give me a check for shipping it to their shop?

It's not Mike's fault that I had a faulty batch of ammo that junked up the trigger or that a tiny rock blew into my lug recess, but he took care of it anyway for free, shipped it back for free, and paid me to ship it to him. That is insane.

Carter you are most welcome no worries and thank you Sir for the kind words and everyone else as well
smile.gif

BTW I’m not sure if you noticed but I put an old style flat back Remington trigger in your rifle after I had it Birdsong in Black-T. I was not happy with whatever happened to your old one.

Let me know if you have anymore problems, I have a feeling you won't
wink.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

Reactions: deersniper

I noticed the different trigger, and I actually prefer the feel of this one, thanks! Gun is shooting lights out. We'll see if she can do it another 5,000 rounds!

Mike is a class act, and has always been a pleasure to talk to, I cannot wait for my lima.