• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAC OPS / KMW Collaboration

MikeRTacOps

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2017
Just a heads-up gentleman after several in-depth conversations with Terry Cross of KMW we are seriously considering doing a collaboration of a rifle project together. With our combined expert experience of over 75 years of building thousands of platforms we are thinking of doing a Tac Ops / KMW rifle and doing a run of 10 to 20 platforms. After careful consideration with our combined experience, we are thinking of guaranteeing the platforms to shoot 1/8 MOA with factory ammo. I will be doing some of the work here and Terry will be stepping inn and deploying his expertise as well. If we move forward with this project, they will be built based off of Terry’s stock design. The rifles will have the traditional Tac Ops Green & Black color pattern with our textured look / feel. We are still discussing several factors of the possible build and the name we came up with would be KM-OPS 51.

If we decide to move forward, we will launch a new thread and state all the specs of the build…

Thank you for your time

Mike R.

1666113599389.gif

I remember seeing that rare tac ops build mike did years ago on a sentinel stock and always wanted it. It was truly beautiful to behold. But tell me what kind of luck is this. MY x-ray literally just arrived and has not even been taken out yet and Mike announces this today......

all kidding aside.. i love my xray

I remember seeing that rare tac ops build mike did years ago on a sentinel stock and always wanted it. It was truly beautiful to behold. But tell me what kind of luck is this. MY x-ray literally just arrived and has not even been taken out yet and Mike announces this today......

all kidding aside.. i love my xray
Where does one find a picture of said Tac Ops / Sentinel rifle?

What action? Or is that one of the things still being worked out?

Did you read the post?
I read "Terry's stock design" which I interpret to mean his Sentinel.

I know Mike doesn't like to build off chassis' (just ask @lowlight :ROFLMAO: ). There's no mention of "chassis" or "Zealot", and Mike mentions his typical texturing, which would be difficult to do on a chassis.

Did I miss something?

I read "Terry's stock design" which I interpret to mean his Sentinel.

I know Mike doesn't like to build off chassis' (just ask @lowlight :ROFLMAO: ). There's no mention of "chassis" or "Zealot", and Mike mentions his typical texturing, which would be difficult to do on a chassis.

Did I miss something?
No I did. That’s why I deleted it 😂😂. I assumed he meant the chassis. I wasn’t thinking about the sentinel.

Reactions: lash and kthomas
Just a heads-up gentleman after several in-depth conversations with Terry Cross of KMW we are seriously considering doing a collaboration of a rifle project together. With our combined expert experience of over 75 years of building thousands of platforms we are thinking of doing a Tac Ops / KMW rifle and doing a run of 10 to 20 platforms. After careful consideration with our combined experience, we are thinking of guaranteeing the platforms to shoot 1/8 MOA with factory ammo. I will be doing some of the work here and Terry will be stepping inn and deploying his expertise as well. If we move forward with this project, they will be built based off of Terry’s stock design. The rifles will have the traditional Tac Ops Green & Black color pattern with our textured look / feel. We are still discussing several factors of the possible build and the name we came up with would be KM-OPS 51.

If we decide to move forward, we will launch a new thread and state all the specs of the build…

Thank you for your time

Mike R.

25a.jpg

Thank you for your time

Mike R.
Any chance of a LH @MikeRTacOps

We have talked about a LH before and a chassis offering from Terry would be RIGHT up my alley

Last edited:
Dropping by to confirm that I will be working with @MikeRTacOps should he decide to press PLAY on this project. ....

KMW would provide components and work in addition to Mike doing all his usual Black Magic crazy shit.
Even though we are states away, we would be coordinating closely to make sure all components and work handed off allows seamless continuity with moving the project along.

The stock chosen for this particular project will be the Gen II SENTINEL with the latest amenities including the new generation SENTINEL DBM bottom metal with the integral Captv-Mag feature.

The choice of the SENTINEL stock over a Zealot chassis ensures an excellent base for the trademark TacOps visuals, texturing and bedding.

Per his opening post in this thread, Mike and company will be the primary contact for serious inquiries should we commit to building this group of rifles.

Whether it goes forward or not I appreciate you guys being enthusiastic at the prospect and I appreciate @MikeRTacOps trusting a redneck from Louisiana enough to even consider such a joint project.

./

I’m in. I don’t even care if it ends up being a .308 (well I do a little).

Lol.

I have to say that my suppressed .308 X-ray is the rifle of mine that's most fun to shoot. Ballistically there are definitely cartridges that outperform the .308 in almost all categories, but I think .308 is at the top of the list for fun :cool:

Reactions: Bakwa and lash
The Sentinel stock doesn't fit me well at all, but I'm cheering this project on from the sidelines.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this!
never held a sentinel, but a project with these 2 guys is hard to pass up...ill make it fit lol

Reactions: kthomas
From the feedback I'm seeing, the initial number may already be spoken for. Any chance of making this configuration one of your regular models?

never held a sentinel, but a project with these 2 guys is hard to pass up...ill make it fit lol

I can't fault you for that!

Really cool collaboration. I would strongly consider getting one, sentinel or not, if I was still making oilfield money.

A guy thinks... one day I'm gonna get one, and then this.
You only live once and I've never seen a Brinks truck behind a hearse. I don't care which serial number it is.

Reactions: SortOfClear