• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Question

deadly0311

Tacticool Ninja
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I was just curious if anyone had one of their rifles and if so would you let me know how it shoots and a round about ball park number for what you paid for it. I am specifically looking at the X-Ray series in a 308 with a 22 inch barrel. Can you guys let me know what you know about their rifles. Thanks ahead of time

Re: Tac Ops Question

Look at the top of the page before you post anything praising or more importantly ripping Tac Ops or ANY company.. LowLight Just put up a brand new post

I have one ordered. Long wait time. 12 - 16 months. I can't say if it was worth it yet, but I haven't heard of anyone complaining of theirs once they got it.

For price and lead time, you need to contact Mike Rescigno directly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can you guys let me know what you know about their rifles. Thanks ahead of time </div></div>
Over the past few months I've gotten to know Mike R. quite well. He pays very close attention to detail and maintains very tight tolerances in his builds. To put it bluntly, he's a perfectionist to the OCD level. In talking shop with him and just general BS'ing I can say this with all certainty, he is very passionate about rifle accuracy and what makes them tick. To say were on the same page concerning technique is an under statement, he’s as solid as they come.

No matter which rifle he builds you, you will receive his personal best and his full attention to detail.

I said it once before and I'll say it again, he does nothing magical or secretive, it's just 100% rock solid machine shop practices and very tight tolerances.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
No matter which rifle he builds you, you will receive his personal best and his full attention to detail.

I said it once before and I'll say it again, he does nothing magical or secretive, it's just 100% rock solid machine shop practices and very tight tolerances.
</div></div>

I will add that one of the "magical" things he does is that he test fires each and every gun for accuracy, and if they don't shoot, he tears them down and rebuilds them. This is not rocket science, just solid QC. Either way, the point is that you know you are getting something that will shoot great with FGMM.

thanks for the input guys, hey Rob i wasnt trying to turn this into anything other than getting some input from people who have these rifles, so i can make my decision on who to go with

Wasn't totally directed at you but to all here as a reminder as the post from Lowlight is fairly new.

Rij's advice is good also. More owners at Sniper Central and Mike R himself is there as Black Ops to answer questions. He also is on the Hide as the same name but posts more at SC.