• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac-Ops rifle/drag bag

Glock45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
south-central WI, USA
Well, as I'm waiting for my project rifle to be completed by Score-High Gunsmithing(worth the wait!) I thought why not treat my rifle to a good "home" when it gets delivered. I contemplated some less expensive bags, but I've never read anything bad about Tac-Ops bags. Some may say it's a lot of money, and I agree, it's not pocket-change, but. . . . .

I just got my Large OD bag today. HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP!!!! I think that cockroaches and Tac-Ops bags will be the only things left when the world is destroyed! It feels so substantial compared to other lesser-brand bags I have and have had! There is tons of room and well thought out compartments/pockets.

Thank you Mike for your very prompt correspondance with my inquiries and super fast shipping! An excellent investment for your rifle!

-G45

Re: Tac-Ops rifle/drag bag

I one in MC, very nice piece of gear, seems like someone who actually shoots designed it, I highly recommend the TacOps bag over a Eagle, the difference in price is well worth it IMHO.

Yeah? I may need to try one. All of my stuff is Eagle or Blackhawk.

I have had mine for a month or so and love it. I got the large for an AR10.Made in USA as well.The nose cone comes off with the snap of a buckle. I took mine oof since I don't plan on dragging it.
february2011041.jpg

straps.jpg

frontbig.jpg

I'll second all that info...Tac Ops drag bags are all that and then some. I only wish I had the patience for a multicam one.

-Tyler

My Tac Ops drag bag changed my life. It used to take several trips from the car to the shooting range, now it takes one. It has cut down on my range time by 15 - 30 minutes.

Of course, I am using it mainly as a range bag and not so much a drag bag. But the whole thing is laid out very nicely for whatever purpose one could think of.

It maybe time to replace my midway bag, that thing started to fall apart from day one. It looks like these Tac Ops bags are the way to go.

TacOps, Eagle, Eberlestock drag bags are all awesome, you can not go wrong!

My buddy bought a Midway drag bag and the pull cord on the zipper broke the first day he used it. Not a good sign. Of course he paid a whopping $65 so who can complain!

The Eagles look pretty good, but the key feature that I really liked about the Tac Ops is the Suppressor Pocket. So I've been waiting very impatiently for the group buy that started up last night for the Tac Ops bags. Unless guys are getting Eagles at a significant discount the asking price is about $270 for multicam, where as the Tac Ops is $290 for the group buy. Sure waiting can suck but I'm quite certain it'll be well worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TYB422</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll second all that info...Tac Ops drag bags are all that and then some. I only wish I had the patience for a multicam one.

-Tyler</div></div>

There's a group buy going on for them right now. Just sayin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Eagles look pretty good, but the key feature that I really liked about the Tac Ops is the Suppressor Pocket. So I've been waiting very impatiently for the group buy that started up last night for the Tac Ops bags. Unless guys are getting Eagles at a significant discount the asking price is about $270 for multicam, where as the Tac Ops is $290 for the group buy. Sure waiting can suck but I'm quite certain it'll be well worth it. There's a group buy going on for them right now. Just sayin </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TYB422</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll second all that info...Tac Ops drag bags are all that and then some. I only wish I had the patience for a multicam one.

-Tyler</div></div>

Thanks Hillbilly...I got mine with my Kilo 51 from Mike R. and at the time the OD green was what I could score. Waiting for a Tac Ops platform requires patience, so I took the Drag Bag early as a token
wink.gif
The bag is incredible though, it just flat works. I used to think by Eberlestock Gunslinger II was the cats "meow" but this is more like the cats "roar". It carries the load really well and everything is really quick and easy to get too. Doesn't leave anything to be desired really.
-Tyler

So whats the price of these with a group buy, etc.? I've never heard of the Tac-Ops but with these reviews I might need one, along with some of my friends.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CleanMoostang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So whats the price of these with a group buy, etc.? I've never heard of the Tac-Ops but with these reviews I might need one, along with some of my friends.</div></div>

Read my previous post, and if you want one go to the group buy section.

I have a Tac-Force. Not happy with how it secures my rig. Straps barely fit over scope and rub. Wish the forward strap was more, forward. How are Tacops in this respect?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Tac-Force. Not happy with how it secures my rig. Straps barely fit over scope and rub. Wish the forward strap was more, forward. How are Tacops in this respect? </div></div>
Sorry dude, but Tac Force are crap, which is one reason they are so inexpensive. Quality costs, which is why Eagle Drag Bags cost what they do. The Tac Ops Drag Bags are even better than the Eagle DBs' because they are of equivalent-quality, have a host of useful features that the Eagle DB lacks, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">and have always have the carry handles in the correct position for level-carry.</span></span>

The OAL of my Tac Ops X-Ray is 42.5", and it fits perfectly in my SHORT Tac Ops DB. Below is a photo of my X-Ray 51 in a SHORT Multicam Tac Ops Drag Bag. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO MORE "SHORT" DRAG BAGS AVAILABLE - ONLY "LONG", WHICH WILL ACCOMODATE RIFLES IN TACTICAL TYPE STOCKS WITH LARGE SCOPES WITH OALS' OF 50-51".</span></span>

In regard to the rifle Hold-Downs, the forward rifle Hold-Down in the Tac Ops DB is plenty long enough to fit over the scope, although that is not the correct way to use the Hold-Down. The Hold-Down should wrap around the fore arm and barrel as in my photos.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Link and details of Tac Ops Drag Bag Group Buy.</span></span> <span style="font-weight: bold">PLEASE READ MY POST, AS ALL ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND THERE.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">22" barrel (42.5" OAL) Tac Ops X-Ray 51 in SHORT Multicam Drag Bag. LONG Bag will accomodate an OAL length of 50-51"</span></span>
X-Ray51inSHORTMultiCamGen5Plus28x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Front of Tac Ops Multicam Drag Bag:</span></span>
TOGen5PlusSHORTMultiCamFRONT8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Rear of Tac Ops Multicam Drag Bag:</span></span>
TOGen5PlusSHORTMultiCamREAR8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Detachable Nose of Tac Ops Multicam Drag Bag:</span></span>
TOGen5MuzzleCoverBuckleCUMultiCam8x6.jpg

TOGen5DBCoverRemovedMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Butt-end Outer Zip Pockets and Closed-Cell Foam Padded Suppressor Pocket w/Heavy-Duty Buckle:</span></span>
TODBExteriorREARPocketSuppressorPocketMultiCam8x6.jpg

TODBOPENExteriorREARPocketSuppressorPocketMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Included Closed Cell Foam-padded Hide-Away Shooting Mat measures approximately 48.5" LONG x 25.25" WIDE:</span></span>
TacOpsShootingMatMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">The Shooting Mat stores in a Hide-Away Pocket on the rear of the Tac Ops Drag Bag. Now you see it:</span></span>
Hide-AwayShootingMatMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">...and now you dont:</span></span>
Hide-AwayShoulderStrapShootingMatPockets8x6.jpg

Keith

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Photos continued...</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Hide-Away Closed Cell Foam-padded Shoulder Harness stored:</span></span>
Hide-AwayShoulderHarnessPocket8x6.jpg

Hide-AwayShoulderStrapShootingMatPockets8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Lower half of Harness pulled-out of Hide-Away pockets:</span></span>
Hide-AwayShoulderStrapsMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Deployed Closed Cell Foam Hide-Away Shoulder Harness w/Heavy-Duty Buckles:</span></span>
DeployedHide-AwayShoulderHarnessMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of Exterior Closed-Cell Foam Padded Suppressor Pocket w/Heavy-Duty Buckle:</span></span>
TODBPaddedSuppressorPocketMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Muzzle End Large Exterior Pocket w/Hold-Downs and Heavy-Duty Buckles:</span></span>
TODBExteriorFRONTPocketHoldDownsMultiCam8X6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of Zippered Interior Pocket and Snap-closure Cleaning Rod Pocket along "spine":</span></span>
Gen5InteriorZipPocketOpenCleaningRodPocketMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of Closed Cell Foam Padded Muzzle Protector Pocket:</span></span>
TODBPaddedMuzzleProtectorMultiCam8X6-1.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of Pistol Grip Hold-Down w/Heavy Duty Buckle:</span></span>
REARRifleHoldDownMultiCam8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of Fore arm Hold-Down w/Heavy Duty Buckle:</span></span>
FRONTRifleHoldDownMultiCam8x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good thing I didn't buy it then 'eh. </div></div>
Then you received the Tac Force bag free? Good for you, but they're still crap. Definitely a case of <span style="font-style: italic">"You get what you pay for."</span> On the other end of the scale is the Tac Ops Drag Bag - which, like all Tac Ops equipment, is the best of the best.

And as I posted above, the correct usage of the forward rifle Hold-Down is to wrap it around the fore arm and the barrel <span style="font-style: italic">(not around the fore arm and scope)</span>. The photo below shows correct positioning of the forward and aft rifle Hold-Downs.

TODBRifleHoldDowns8x6.jpg

Keith

That's exactly why I hate the Tac Force. I can't get the strap between bell and barrel, so I have to strap bell/stock.

Couple questions. A few links on their site seem to be broken.

Are there more than one model? I thought I saw a reference to a series 2 version of the drag bag.

How much are they?

Thanks.

I have a large OD bag that I bought in a previous group buy that is great. it carries everything I need and then some. The only complaint I have ever had with mine is that by the time I fill it up it is heavy as hell but the shoulder straps carry the weight very well. Now if I could only get an x-large bag that would accommodate my .338 LM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJMOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple questions. A few links on their site seem to be broken.</div></div>
Mike Rescigno knows the web site needs a lot of work as well as updating. That is unfortunate because a company's web site is the way a lot of people will learn of a company, and the Tac Ops web site is weak. Rescigno and his crew have always focused on building the best equipment available (which they do) as well as "word of mouth" of LE and other spec ops units for business. More than 90% of Tac Ops business is agency-related and those guys don't rely on a pretty GUI - they base decisions on experiences and evaluations of field operators. More than 600 agencies use Tac Ops rifles worldwide. Mike will update it someday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJMOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there more than one model? I thought I saw a reference to a series 2 version of the drag bag.</div></div>
"Yes" and "No". Tac Ops DBs' have evolved over many years so while different versions of Tac Ops DBs' do <span style="font-style: italic">exist</span>, there is only one version available today (Gen 5 Plus). The Tac Ops Gen 5 Plus is the most thoughtfully-designed, full-featured drag bag available, as is very well constructed. It's closest competitor is the Eagle Drag Bag, but the Eagle lacks many features of the Tac Ops DB.

You probably read about a Tac Ops Series 2 Drag Bag is an article on the web, much of which are old and outdated. For example, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"The Tango 51 - Tack Driving Tactical Rifle from Tac Ops"</span></span> and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"BARREL LENGTH AND THE PRECISION RIFLE - Why shorter barrels may often be better"</span></span> were both written years before they were published, and those articles are about 11 years old now.

Check-out <span style="font-style: italic">rem_.308</span>'s <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"TacOps Drag Bag 5th Gen Pic Heavy"</span></span> thread for some great photos of an OD Tac Ops Gen 5 Drag Bag. IIRC, the only difference between the Gen 5 and the (current generation) Gen 5 Plus is that the Gen 5 Plus has load-bearing straps that pull the the DB's Hide-Away Shooting Mat Pocket really tight and flat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJMOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much are they?</div></div>
Due to the popularity and limited supply of true <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Crye MultiCam material"</span></span>, Multicam items run a little more than other patterns and solids. "LONG" Multicams usually run around $360.00 these days and SHORT bags about $350.00. Tac Ops "LONG" DBs' will accomodate rifles with "tactical" stocks to 50-51" OAL, and "SHORT" DBs' will accomodate OALs' of up to 43".

However, there is currently a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops Drag bag Multi Cam Group Buy</span></span> going on right now. PRICE IS $290.00 SHIPPED FED-EX GROUND IN CONUS ONLY. NO INTERNATIONAL OR AIR SHIPMENTS. ALSO, IF ORDERED AND PAID WITH THE DRAG BAG, A TAC OPS MULTICAM STOCK PACK CAN BE PURCHASED FOR $28.00 (USUALLY $40.00 NOW).

<span style="font-weight: bold">PAYMENT TO BE VIA U.S. POSTAL MONEY ORDER ONLY - NO EXCEPTIONS. ALL CALIFORNIA BUYERS MUST ADD 9.75% CALIFORNIA SALES TAX TO THEIR ORDERS. ORDERS WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL PAID IN FULL. PLEASE READ MY POSTS IN THAT THREAD FOR ALL SPECIFICS.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 11pt">There are no more SHORT DBs' available in the Group Buy, but there are around fourteen (14) LONG DBs' available.</span></span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJMOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. </div></div>
You're welcome.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJMOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple questions. A few links on their site seem to be broken.
</div></div>

Mike will work on the website himself just as soon as he gets caught up on all his builds.

People who know him will appreciate that statement.

I also noticed the link broken, and just sent an e-mail. Mike got back to me very quickly. I must've caught him inbetween tasks. He sounds like he's a busy BUSY man!

So, just shoot an e-mail to the contact info on the Tac-Ops website and they'll take care of you.

If this is how nice their bags are, I'd love to see the rifles!!!
shocked.gif

-G45

I have a pistol bag, two stock packs, and two drag bags from them. a buddy has one of their rifles. After dealing with Mike R personally several times over the phone, i could not POSSIBLY be MORE impressed, and happy with a company and the people with that company, or their products. cannot say enough good. lifelong customer in me. They and their products are first rate, second to none.

-Paulus

No prob on the site link being broken. Shit happens but as you said, it does hamper business. Thanks for all the information.

Straight from Mike R. or they still have few at EuroOptics - if you don`t mind EuroOptics logo on the outside.

What are you guys using who have systems longer than the 51" which the Tac-Ops large bag can handle? I have my new snipetac which is 56 inches long with the A5 installed and am looking for a nice quality bag.

I need to get one for my Delta 51 that's being built. Seems like a really well-made bag.