• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Tac Ops Barreled Action

FALex

Headmaster of Romper Room
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
USA
Hello all, I am super bummed that I have to do this. Due to the ongoing issues involving the pandemic, my wife is working less and less hours. At this point, we are praying she just gets to keep her job. Due to the uncertainty, I need to get a jump on our bills. I am really, really hating having to do this right now. This rifle is an absolute work of art. Tac Ops not only builds one of the most bitchin rifles I've ever shot, but Mike R. is one of the nicest people I've come across in the firearms industry. I said it before and I'll say it again, he is a credit to his profession and we are more than lucky to have him on our side. Alright, I'll quit crying and get on with it.

I have a Tac Ops M40A1 in near-perfect condition. I am the second owner. The rifle has a documented 590 rounds on it. Let's dispense of the most obvious issue: the "real deal" M40A1's came with a McMillan HTG. The first owner put the barreled action into this skim-bedded McMillan A5, which is, in my humble opinion, a more practical and aesthetically pleasing stock as compared to the HTG. However, I did have plans to return her to her original glory just for history's sake, but finances will not permit me to do this right now. The A5 has a Surgeon DBM.

If you desire to return her to her original HTG glory, Stocky's carries the HTG's and usually has them for around $630.00 McMillan HTG, click here

The trigger is a tuned Remington 700 trigger (like all other TO rifles), breaks at 2.5lbs.

As far as performance, the rifle performs as you would expect. All ammunition shot through it has been Federal Gold Medal 168gr.

Rifle has one very small scratch on the top of the bolt knob, but the rest of the rifle is damn near perfect.

***UPDATE*** McMillan A5 has been sold

$3800.00 $3,600.00 shipped, for the barreled action and accessories

Venmo, Paypal (either buyer incurs fees which are now around 4% or do "Friends and Family" to mitigate those fees), USMS Money Orders, Cashier's/Certified Check or personal check (if you have positive feedback and don't mind waiting a couple days for it to clear).

fFKgayGl.jpg

7u6aUDol.jpg

eTKqhZul.jpg

Uu0kC0xl.jpg

hHr2hRxl.jpg

lVE16nAl.jpg

HTUe9R8l.jpg

p8wJOGEl.jpg

GvXZzpVl.jpg

Hdfxi1zl.jpg

I am not the best group shooter, but even I was able to put together some good groups (good for me, nothing like Mike does).

meSDXdLl.jpg

4307Qssl.jpg

TeAFAshl.jpg

Last edited:
TTT Price Dropped, motivated to sell.

@OutlawTen5 Thank you very much for the support. I have not been on board with COVID 19 since the whole charade began, but now it's hitting home, and I'm beyond pissed but you guys have been awesome. I hope all is well with you and your family!

Very solid guy! Sorry to hear about your wife’s job man. This new reality really fuc**n blows, and I pray things get back to normal for you and everyone else. Stay up brother.
I’ve done several deals with FALex in person. Great guy buy this Beauty with confidence fellow hide member.

Some one buy this rifle .. it’s darn nice

I’m sorry to hear about your situation ... hanging there and weather the storm. Hope thing gets back to normal for you guys and everyone that’s affected soon

Reactions: FALex
Another free bump for a stand-up guy buy with confidence, this rifle actually has an extraordinary story behind it and is a one-of-a-kind.

@BullzeyeNJ the barrel is non-threaded. It is 24”. According to my measurement, it is a 1:12 twist. I am not 100% certain on contour, but I will say it’s stout: starts at 1.25” at shank for about 4 inches, tapers down then ends at .92” at the muzzle.

Reactions: BullzeyeNJ