• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifle ?

dttr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2009
About to purchase a Tac-Ops rifle. (The best rifles on the planet BTW) Having trouble deciding on a stock. Will primarily be shooting prone(.308). Any sugestions. Leaning toward the McMillan A-3.

Re: Tac Ops Rifle ?

I ordered an A-3-5 about 6 months ago. The advantage with it is the butt hook and a rear that is parallel to the bore, so it is supposed to ride a rear bag through recoil pretty well.

If you find you don't use the hook, an A-3 is a good choice. Hard to go wrong, really. You could even get crazy and do a Baker Special.

I have really grown to like the A-4 stock for shooting prone, I would personally go with the Lima if I were ordering a Tac-Ops rifle.

However when it comes to a stock you have to pick the one that fits you the best and go with it.

Oneshot

Welcome to the hide. So you are convinced that Tac-Ops is the best rifles on the planet. Smile....Please enlighten us on why you think that they are the best in the world. We would like to know what you have discovered. Take this lightly, I am smiling while I type this.......SmokeRolls

for 1 the customer service is the best, hands down. second, Tac-Ops doesn't attack other buisnesses(as others have out of pure jealousy, because their quality doesn't measure up, as seen on this site)Three, Tac-Ops rifles offer an attention to detail that no other company comes close to. Their tolerances/consistency are unmatched. These are just a very few reasons I have this opinion, and there are many more. I know many don't like Tac-Ops simply because they can't afford one, and thats fine, but true operators want the best. Am I wrong here? If so, how about you enlighten me.

Mike,

I am going to lock this thread until you speak to Mike R from Tac Ops about me and this site.

You seem to come over here looking for a fight and we have no need or use for one.

Please clarify this with Mike R and I will be more than happy to unlock this thread and continue this discussion.

it is truly unfortunate that people have to draw lines in the sand and start trouble, but I suppose that is the way of the internet.

Mike R understands and I understand, and neither one of us wants this kind of baiting to continue.

Thanks,