• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops / Tac 70 @ 2000 yards

MikeRTacOps

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2017
Received a call from a Civilian customer today and he stated he took his Tac Ops 338 Lapua out to 2000 yards. The Conditions were not the best as he was dealing with some windy conditions. The first shot on the plate was high right then he made his adjustments. He stated he placed 7 rounds in the red Circle with factory ammunition.

Mike R.

That would be some fine shooting even without the wind. I see 4 distinct hits outside the red circle and 4 possible hits inside of it. I can’t say for sure because I’m using my phone. He still shot damn good even if he didn’t hit the red circle at all, especially bucking the wind. Thanks for sharing that

That would be some fine shooting even without the wind. I see 4 distinct hits outside the red circle and 4 possible hits inside of it. I can’t say for sure because I’m using my phone. He still shot damn good even if he didn’t hit the red circle at all, especially bucking the wind. Thanks for sharing that
Here's a blown-up close up of the red circle. There's multiple groups within the circle, with several impacts on top of each other. How many shots can you make-out now? Reminds me of splitting the spindle at Mid-Range F-Class matches with my X-Ray 51 (.308).

Keith

Reactions: jcmullis2
Your most welcome and thank you for the kind words...

Mike R.

Reactions: jcmullis2
Here's a blown-up close up of the red circle. There's multiple groups within the circle, with several impacts on top of each other. How many shots can you make-out now? Reminds me of splitting the spindle at Mid-Range F-Class matches with my X-Ray 51 (.308).

Keith
Thank you Keith for clarifying the rounds placed in the red circle by enlarging the photograph. You are correct some shots are on top of each other as per the statement from the customer when I spoke with him telephonically. He also owns a Tac Ops X-Ray 51 in 308 and shared a picture of a 4 shot 1 hole group he stated it was under 1/16th MOA with FGM Factory ammo...

Mike R.

Reactions: Eliteuas

Keith
I stand corrected, I count 7 in the 🔴 and as was pointed out several were stacked in a cluster. Of course that’s why I couldn’t make them out. It has nothing to do with my eyes 😂. Factory ammo and winds probably caused the group from being even smaller than it is. Fine shooting there and definitely something worthy of being proud of. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not some kind of a record. I’d look into what it takes to shoot for a record while the barrel is still good. That fella and his awesome rifle are a dangerous combination.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
Thanks for confirmation Keith. Just wanted to know if it was the 250g or 300g FGMM.

Last edited:
Mike that is amazing. Not sure if you remember me ; I owned one of your rifles a decade ago when I was 16 & a little twerp doing dumb shit. Lol. I’m currently on the path to rights restoration after a hospitalization almost as long ago. would love to own another Tac Ops masterpiece one day. Goddamn I miss that rifle. Here’s my current pea shooter in all its glory; a .257 air rifle shooting spitzer and HPBT 85gr boolits @ 1000fps. I managed a 900 yard shot at a MOA sized balloon (9”) a few weeks ago on the 7th shot of the day, with a different optical setup/ base/ scope.View attachment 7400202
First off, I would like to congratulate you on a blessed recovery and happy to know you are doing well. Thank you for the kind words and it seems you’re doing excellent at extreme distances yourself. You’d have refresh me a little as to our contact 10 years ago and I’d probably remember for sure. Feel free to pm me here…

Mike R.

Reactions: Eliteuas
That guy can shoot!! Of course those of us with Tac Ops rifles know what they can do with factory ammo!! Who said you have to have one of those English chassis guns and load your own ammo to shoot crazy groups over a mile???😁😁😁

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
Mike it was awesome speaking with you, you even remembered me & my rifle which was amazing. CS at its finest! Thanks for the kind words brother. Looking forward to ordering a Tac Ops or two one day soon!
Regards
Felipe
Most definitely remembered you and it was a pleasure speaking with you again after all these years. Like I stated I am very happy you’re doing fantastic and feel free to contact me when ever your ready for another Tac Ops build.

Mike R.

The above group was shot at Felix Canyon Ranch in New Mexico , just want to drop a plug as people have been asking…

Mike R.

Last edited:
That guy can shoot!! Of course those of us with Tac Ops rifles know what they can do with factory ammo!! Who said you have to have one of those English chassis guns and load your own ammo to shoot crazy groups over a mile???😁😁😁

You got that right friend! I've wanted to try reloading for my Tac Ops, but it shoots the FGMM so damn well that I'm not sure my hand rolls would do any better! LOL!!! It also bares repeating that @MikeRTacOps is a bad ass, artist, and one hell of a customer service representative!!! HAHA!!

You got that right friend! I've wanted to try reloading for my Tac Ops, but it shoots the FGMM so damn well that I'm not sure my hand rolls would do any better! LOL!!! It also bares repeating that @MikeRTacOps is a bad ass, artist, and one hell of a customer service representative!!! HAHA!!
Try some of the new Federal Premium Law Enforcement 308 in the 168 Tactical Tip Match king if you can get it ? Shoots lights out in our rifles no doubt...

Mike R.