• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Tango 51...

rasheed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2005
Houston
<span style="font-weight: bold">Tango 51</span>

In my 42 years, I have had the good fortune to wield a number of custom and armorer-build weapons, from only-slightly to very-highly customized, both semi-auto and bolt rifles. To date, all of the bolt guns I have owned have been Remington 700 variants. It was because of this I was considering a more ‘updated’ platform like Surgeon Rifle’s 591 short action BDL style receiver for my latest rifle.

I was looking for a lighter, dual-use rifle and was considering a number of builders and styles. For no particular reason I never considered the Tango 51. I was planning on looking into Tactical Operations, Inc. for a more ‘customized’ build, when a Sierra model came up the For Sale. I made an inquiry, but the seller seemed only interested in reselling the rifle for a profit based on the company’s reputation. (I don’t have a problem with this, but for his asking price, I could wait for exactly what I wanted…)

It didn’t take but an hour or so before I was contacted directly via Private Message by Mike Rescigno of Tactical Operations, Inc. (Tac Ops). I had never spoken with him prior to this, and was curious as to why he would be messaging me to call him. Of course, I called him immediately.

He asked all the right questions – the purpose/use of the rifle, my level of experience with this class of rifle and shooting in general, my budget and timeframe, Etc. I have to admit, I was flattered. We spoke for almost an hour and I was sold. After a fairly lengthy back and forth, we determined the best fit for my needs & wants would be the Tango-51; Tac Ops flagship model.

I had never had the opportunity to handle or even see a Tac Ops rifle, so I was worried about two things. One was the stock. I am a fan of the HTG & A5 stocks, but was not familiar with McMillan’s Sako Varminter stock and the unfamiliarity concerned me. After snapping in and handling the rifle for some time now, I have to admit, it's perfect!

My vanity also had me slightly concerned about the color scheme of the Tac Ops rifles. Every picture I had ever seen seems to reflect bright green (almost neon) surfaces pitted against deep black. Fortunately, the actual is nothing like what is seen in pictures. The Green-T is much darker and deeper than what is represented in these images, and not only matches the stock, but all but disappears in low-light conditions. The green is a true olive and very, very flat.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Rifle</span>
The core of the Tac Ops rifles is the Remington 700 action. Yes, the same tried and true Remington that has been used as the base of so many tactical rifles out there. Every aspect of the action is trued or "blueprinted" to precise Tac Ops standards, which is considerably more than the typical squaring of all the surfaces. From the recoil lug and action face, threads, bolt face, locking lugs, even the bolt body, everything is lined up precisely, and then faced for squareness, parallelism and concentricity. At all times they try to hold their tolerances to .0001” to .0002”.

Tac Ops barrels come from Krieger but they are made to a specific proprietary spec provided by Tac Ops and with chambers cut at Tac Ops to a headspace of .001" or better. They also use their own precision ground recoil lugs and their own crown design with thread protector. The crown is the last thing a bullet touches before it leaves the barrel. It is very important that the bullet makes a clean break when leaving the barrel. The recess in this crown is the deepest I’ve ever seen giving protecting it from damage should the rifle ever get dropped on the muzzle end. The crown is lightly lapped at the muzzle end to eliminate any possible burrs which could cause the bullet to deflect at the last moment before leaving the bore.

The barreled action is bedded into the stock using a traditional aluminum pillar glass bedding procedure with a free floated barrel channel. The barrel channel is fairly wide with plenty of gap to allow for more easily keeping the barrel channel clear and the barrel free floated while in the field.

The stock on the Tango series of rifles is the McMillan Sako Varminter stock which, unbeknownst to me has been a best seller at McMillan since its introduction. Again, paying extreme attention to fit and finish, Tac Ops takes the standard McMillan stock and refinishes it with their own application of a rough texture for all weather gripping and then a durable epoxy paint.

The stock is very comfortable with the vertical pistol grip and then the wider and not as tall forend than what is found on the HTG stock. The stock is not too bulky or heavy and provides a very nice balance of usability in the field. The heavy texture applied by Tac Ops does provide a very nice gripping surface for use in all weather conditions and combined with the extreme corrosion protection provided by the Birdsong finishes.

Mike prefers to use the old style factory Remington instead of one of the many available after market triggers. This one was set to break right at 2.5 lbs. crisply, cleanly and without any creep.

The rifle is incredible well-balanced. With the Tac Ops mounted Schmidt & Bender 4-16x50mm scope I headed to the range to see what kind of performance we could get out the rifle. For those in Houston and surrounding areas well know, at the time of receipt of my rifle and this review, the weather has not been very cooperative.

I got to the 100 yard line at ASC to verify the scopes zero after shipping, but with 6” to 10” of standing water on the range, I only took shots at shot-up targets already hanging. I never went out to hang new targets or retrieve the ones I was shooting on – I didn’t have waders at the time. From my spotter, I could easily see that shooting groups under the .25 MOA barrier was not a problem. The day was overcast with 15+MPH swirling winds, and a light drizzle during the end of my shoot. The weapon produced very small shamrock 5-shot groupings. I will get back out as soon as weather permits along with my camera. The certification target provided with this rifle measured 0.099" at 110 yards.

Someone once called Mike Rescigno of Tactical Operations, Inc. the <span style="font-weight: bold">“Hattori Hanzo of rifle builders”</span>. With this extreme attention to detail, I would have to agree!

If you want an extremely accurate rifle with a very high level of attention to the details, then any Tac Ops should be considered. Words alone cannot adequately describe the quality of these rifles. They must be handled and shot to truly appreciate their capabilities.

This <span style="font-weight: bold">Tango 51</span> was well worth the wait!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Specs:</span>
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Caliber:</span> .308 FGM
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Action: </span> Remington M700, Accurized and blue-printed to Tac Ops specs
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Weight: </span> 10.8 lbs without scope & 12.4 lbs with S&B PMII 4-16x50mm
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Overall Length:</span> 44.3” (112.5cm)
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Barrel:</span> Tac Ops Match Grade proprietary stainless steel Krieger, threaded with a Class 3A thread for sound suppressor & Cryogenically treated @ 20” (508mm)
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Chamber:</span> Match spec reamed with .001 head space
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Stock:</span> McMillan Fiberglass (Sako Varminter), Aluminum pillar bedded
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Base:</span> Tac Ops 2-piece base in Green-T to match rifle
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Trigger & Pull:</span> Remington factory trigger with 2.5 lb pull
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Metal Finish:</span> Birdsong proprietary Green-T and Black-T

The rifle was ordered as a package and included the following, all purchased from tactical operations except the optic:

• Tango-51 with 20" Heavy Tac Ops barrel, threaded (detailed above)
• Schmidt & Bender PMII 4-16x50mm MRAD, CCW, Single Turn
• Leupold Mk4 steel rings
• Tac Ops Cheek Pad
• Tac Ops Drag Bag
• Storm Hard Case

My Photobucket account is back up - hasty pics are up...
Tango51027.jpg

rasheed

Re: Tac Ops Tango 51...

Amazing write up - great rifle - cant wait to see pics from the range.

Interesting trigger choice...

Huber, jewel, timney would have been my bet but id like to hear what you think of the worked remmy.

Not a Tac-ops owner, but I run a jewell in my 308 and a GAP-tuned R700 on my 6.5Creedmoor, both at 2lbs and the R700 gives nothing up to my Jewell.

Thank goodness MikeR doesn't believe in DBM bottom metal or I'd be divorced.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a Tac-ops owner, but I run a jewell in my 308 and a GAP-tuned R700 on my 6.5Creedmoor, both at 2lbs and the R700 gives nothing up to my Jewell.

Thank goodness MikeR doesn't believe in DBM bottom metal or I'd be divorced. </div></div>

Get an attorney!
laugh.gif

He's working on one now...

And, I agree with your comment on the trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasheed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Get an attorney!
laugh.gif

He's working on one now...

</div></div>

And a better paying job.....

Photobucket account back online...

Outside Full
Tango51002.jpg

Stock Pad
Tango51006.jpg

Rt Side
Tango51005.jpg

Bottom Metal Opened
Tango51007.jpg

TAB Gear Sling attached
Tango51009.jpg

Barrel Channel
Tango51021.jpg

Barrel Channel 2
Tango51022.jpg

Crown 1
Tango51020.jpg

Crown 2
Tango51024.jpg

More pics. These are from my phone, so I'll try and get more detail later...

Crown Threading
Tango51025.jpg

Anschutz Rail 1
Tango51011.jpg

Anschutz Rail 2
Tango51010.jpg

Bottom Metal
Tango51012.jpg

Bolt Handle
Tango51019.jpg

Top view
Tango51016.jpg

Engraving 1
Tango51014.jpg

Engraving 2
Tango51013.jpg

Range pics when the freeze is over...

nice looking rifle, but I have to ask, why the black stock and dark earth metal?

May you enjoy it in good health.

Wonderful write up as well, thank you. If you get the chance, I'd be interested in your views on shooting it off hand in a sling. I chose the Tango because I wanted as much versatility as possible.

The only person happier than you about your rifle is Mike. He'll never admit it, but he gets as much satisfaction from the reaction and happiness of his clients as he does from building the perfect bolt action rifle, hence the Lifetime Warranty on them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nobearsyet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice looking rifle, but I have to ask, why the black stock and dark earth metal? </div></div>

The color is actually a deep olive green. It photographs as dark earth because of the the properties in Birdsong's Tac-Ops Green T finish.

If you look at some pics by Aries64 you'll see a better photo of what the color truly is.

BTW - Birdsong will only apply that color to TacOps components, it's another aspect that is exclusive to MikeR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May you enjoy it in good health.

Wonderful write up as well, thank you. If you get the chance, I'd be interested in your views on shooting it off hand in a sling. I chose the Tango because I wanted as much versatility as possible.

The only person happier than you about your rifle is Mike. He'll never admit it, but he gets as much satisfaction from the reaction and happiness of his clients as he does from building the perfect bolt action rifle, hence the Lifetime Warranty on them! </div></div>

Thank you for the good wishes...

I can say that dealing with <span style="font-weight: bold">Mike</span> on this build was an absolute pleasure. I have an idea on another build which I will be calling him on, but first, the suppressor...

I am frustrated to death about not being able to shoot it except for one rained out day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nobearsyet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice looking rifle, but I have to ask, why the black stock and dark earth metal? </div></div>

The color is actually a deep olive green. It photographs as dark earth because of the the properties in Birdsong's Tac-Ops Green T finish.

If you look at some pics by Aries64 you'll see a better photo of what the color truly is.</div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">EventHorizon</span> is correct. It is difficult to capture the actual "colors" of Birdsong finishes because the Birdsong formulations are designed to be non-reflective, and they seem to "suck-in" light, which typically "fools" the CCD chip in non-professional digital cameras. That said, unless the photos are edited and enhanced with software, it is very difficult to get photos whose colors are representative of the actual finishes.

Then there is the fact that colors appear different under the same intensity of light as the the orientation of the subject is changed in relation to the light source, as well as the fact that most users monitors are probably not correctly calibrated. I have three tower PCs' plus three laptops and the colortones are all accurately reproduced because I take the time to adjust all of the screens.

That said, below are some photos of my personal X-Ray 51 as well as a customer's internally-suppressed Tac Ops Green Hornet. Both are finished in Tac Ops traditional contrasting <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops OD"</span> Green-T & Black-T metalwork with the stock finished in <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops OD"</span> Black epoxy. Take a close look at the bolts of both the X-Ray 51 and the Green Hornet, the colortone is a very accurate representation of the actual finish as it appears on the weapons (at least in that particular ligh and on my computers!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">X-Ray 51 in "Tac Ops OD" Green-T & Black-T metalwork, stock in "Tac Ops OD" & Black epoxy, Tac Ops Heavy Contour barrel:</span></span>
X-Ray51TODBG51ENHANCED8x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsRS45Angle28x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsRSProfileFF8x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsLSProfileFF8x6.jpg

TacOpsBoltKnobFlushFit8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Green Hornet in "Tac Ops OD" Green-T & Black-T metalwork, stock in "Tac Ops OD" & Black epoxy:</span></span>
GreenHornetISRSA8x6.jpg

GreenHornetISLSA8x6.jpg

GreenHornetActionCU8x6.jpg

GreenHornetSafetyCU18x6.jpg

GreenHornetBoltHandlewTOKnob8x6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW - Birdsong will only apply that color to TacOps components, it's another aspect that is exclusive to MikeR. </div></div>
This is also correct. The <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops OD"</span> Green-T is now a Birdsong finish that is exclusive to Tac Ops-contracted work. Non-Tac Ops-contracted guns, suppressors, and other parts that are sent-in to Birdsong and coated in Green-T are coated in a different formulation of Green-T known as <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Naval Special Warfare"</span></span> Green-T. NSW Green-T is typically what the Navy uses, including some rifles Tac Ops has built for the Navy. For more information about Green-T and Black-T finishes and their traits, check-out my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Birdsong Finishes"</span></span> thread.

Keith

very very nice! i love the tac ops colors. if i ever came across enough money i dont think i could choose between a gap, tac ops, or any other high end builder...all are truly awesome in their own ways. but those tac ops take the win for looks in my book.
nice write up btw

Thanks Rasheed for the excellent review. Thorough enjoyed reading it and learned a few things about Tac Ops rifles and how Mike runs his business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nobearsyet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice looking rifle, but I have to ask, why the black stock and dark earth metal? </div></div>

If you look at some pics by Aries64 you'll see a better photo of what the color truly is.</div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">EventHorizon</span> is correct. It is difficult to capture the actual "colors" of Birdsong finishes because the Birdsong formulations are designed to be non-reflective, and they seem to "suck-in" light, which typically "fools" the CCD chip in non-professional digital cameras. That said, unless the photos are edited and enhanced with software, it is very difficult to get photos whose colors are representative of the actual finishes.

Then there is the fact that colors appear different under the same intensity of light as the the orientation of the subject is changed in relation to the light source, as well as the fact that most users monitors are probably not correctly calibrated. I have three tower PCs' plus three laptops and the colortones are all accurately reproduced because I take the time to adjust all of the screens.

That said, below are some photos of my personal X-Ray 51 as well as a customer's internally-suppressed Tac Ops Green Hornet. Both are finished in Tac Ops traditional contrasting <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops OD"</span> Green-T & Black-T metalwork with the stock finished in <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops OD"</span> Black epoxy. Take a close look at the bolts of both the X-Ray 51 and the Green Hornet, the colortone is a very accurate representation of the actual finish as it appears on the weapons (at least in that particular ligh and on my computers!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">X-Ray 51 in "Tac Ops OD" Green-T & Black-T metalwork, stock in "Tac Ops OD" & Black epoxy, Tac Ops Heavy Contour barrel:</span></span>
X-Ray51TODBG51ENHANCED8x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsRS45Angle28x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsRSProfileFF8x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsLSProfileFF8x6.jpg

TacOpsBoltKnobFlushFit8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Green Hornet in "Tac Ops OD" Green-T & Black-T metalwork, stock in "Tac Ops OD" & Black epoxy:</span></span>
GreenHornetISRSA8x6.jpg

GreenHornetISLSA8x6.jpg

GreenHornetActionCU8x6.jpg

GreenHornetSafetyCU18x6.jpg

GreenHornetBoltHandlewTOKnob8x6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW - Birdsong will only apply that color to TacOps components, it's another aspect that is exclusive to MikeR. </div></div>
This is also correct. The <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops OD"</span> Green-T is now a Birdsong finish that is exclusive to Tac Ops-contracted work. Non-Tac Ops-contracted guns, suppressors, and other parts that are sent-in to Birdsong and coated in Green-T are coated in a different formulation of Green-T known as <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Naval Special Warfare"</span></span> Green-T. NSW Green-T is typically what the Navy uses, including some rifles Tac Ops has built for the Navy. For more information about Green-T and Black-T finishes and their traits, check-out my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Birdsong Finishes"</span></span> thread.

Keith </div></div>

One of the best looking out there.

I have never seen a Tac Ops photo that accurately matches the color of a real Tac Ops. The closest I have seen is Ares64's bolt picture above, and unless it is completely slathered in oil, it is not as glossy as it looks in the picture. It is very flat. When I give it a good rub down with oil, it glistens a little until it absorbs the oil.

Great write-up! Thanks!

Rasheed, Great write up! Very nice indeed. Got my blood really pumping now. Waiting on my Tango as well. One small difference, 18" barrel. Picked up my Tac-Ops suppressor last thursday.

BTW <span style="font-style: italic">rasheed</span>, very nice write-up and photos. However, if you like, please feel free to send your Tango 51 to Tac Ops. I'll be happy to pick it up and shoot more photos for you!

Congratulations on your acquisition of the Tango 51. The Tango 51 is my second-favorite Tac Ops rifle (my favorite being the X-Ray 51, of course). I'd love to have a Tango 51.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those of you following this thread, is there a tactical rifle more accurate than a TAC OPS?</div></div>

I could answer that, a Red Ryder BB Gun would be...

Well, in the right Hands
wink.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

Rasheed,

I want to thank you for pushing me over the edge.

Last year I e-mailed Tac Ops and got a response right away from them to call and talk about the rifle I would want. Unfortunately that was right around the same time a serious health issue came up so I let it slide.

Now I see this review and decided enough is enough. I called my FFL at his house tonight to tell him to be ready to take in either my Windrunner or my DTS SRS tomorrow because I have to get in the queue for a Tango 51.

So please except "enabler" as a compliment.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: conndcj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rasheed,

I want to thank you for pushing me over the edge.

Last year I e-mailed Tac Ops and got a response right away from them to call and talk about the rifle I would want. Unfortunately that was right around the same time a serious health issue came up so I let it slide.

Now I see this review and decided enough is enough. I called my FFL at his house tonight to tell him to be ready to take in either my Windrunner or my DTS SRS tomorrow because I have to get in the queue for a Tango 51.

So please except "enabler" as a compliment.
grin.gif
</div></div>

'Enabler' LOL, I accept!

I have been so very satisfied with my purchase and am truly glad you have opted to give Mike a try.

I went with the Tac Ops Xray, mainly because of the pics that Keith originally posted of his back in '09. The detail of this rifle is unlike anything out on the market at the current time. A true no stress action with a 2 piece base allows the user to load rounds without impedance from the rail. And the proof is in the pics. This rifle will shoot sub-sub moa repeatedly with factory ammo, so you know the chamber is tight. I think I can stretch the limits of the rifle with my handloads, making it bar none, the most accurate rifle I can buy. Just a little while longer to wait.

Tac Ops is on the "list". I spoke with Mike R several months ago and it was a true pleasure. The call will still go in for a build but I have to wait for my UGSW rifle to be delivered first.

One purchase at a time..........

Sorry to bring back a older thread but first thank you for taking the time to write an informative review!!!

About the rifle serial numbers did you pick one or did you let mike pick one for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About the rifle serial numbers did you pick one or did you let mike pick one for you.</div></div>

May I help you Sir ? Feel free to call me 310-275-8797.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

Great review, sorry to bring up the topic again-can't help myself. Just got my new Tango today! Actually bought from a fellow that just received it from Mike about two weeks ago, hasn't fired it even but needed/wanted to sell. Awesome deal-even better gun! Brand new from Mike. Test target is .088! Everything stated in Rasheed's review is spot-on. Can't wait to get the weapon set up and shot, deciding on scope yet. Also, considering going through the paperwork for a can, just seems like the right thing to do.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great review, sorry to bring up the topic again-can't help myself. Just got my new Tango today! Actually bought from a fellow that just received it from Mike about two weeks ago, hasn't fired it even but needed/wanted to sell. Awesome deal-even better gun! Brand new from Mike. Test target is .088!</div></div>
Congratulations on your acquisition of your new Tango 51 Juniors! Brand new and no waiting - the other member's loss is your gain. The Gods have smiled upon you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything stated in Rasheed's review is spot-on. Can't wait to get the weapon set up and shot, deciding on scope yet.</div></div>
The Tango 51 is the perfect platform for hunting and positional shooting, so I as much as I like my PMII 5-25Xs' I'd go with a PMII 3-12X or 3-20X. Start saving your pennies. Then go pick-up some FGMM 168s' or 175s' and see what you can do with your new Tango 51. Do your part and you'll be amazed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, considering going through the paperwork for a can, just seems like the right thing to do.
smile.gif
</div></div>
A Tac Ops .30 Titanium suppressor would be ideal - the Tango 51 with a Tac Ops .30 Titanium is unbelievably light. It is hard to describe how effortlessly they handle and swing together. A Tac Ops rifle and suppressor is the best of the best. Extremely quiet, totally seamless fit & finish, Class 3 threads.

Mike Rescigno will also let you pick your own serial number. Make sure that you send your Tango to Tac Ops so Mike can "time" your suppressor so that the engraving on the suppressor lines-up perfectly with the engraving on the Tango.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Pair of Tac Ops .30 Titanium suppressors ready to play:</span></span>
TACOPS30TITANIUMNOSNPair8x6.jpg

Keith

For my Tango I chose to go with the Hensoldt 3-12X56. Give it a look-see, the benefits are 'clear'... sorry, couldn't help it...

However, if you go with the S&B, give some thought to the new reticles that are available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
However, if you go with the S&B, give some thought to the new reticles that are available. </div></div>

Like the H2CMR. Excellent reticle design. That reticle in the 3-20 would be an excellent combo. So much so I already have one on order
wink.gif

What do you guys think about a S & B 10 X 42 PMII on it? Think that would be enough scope to bring out the precision of the Tango? It is as bright and sharp as they come (in my humble opinion). Just not sure if it's enough power-would look awesome considering the size and weight of both the gun and scope, plus I already have it, but don't want to base the decision on looks-I want function as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the weight on the Tac Ops Ti Suppressors?</div></div>

The weight is a bit more than a total titanium can, like a gemtech, but that is because the can is made with both steel and titanium. My SOT just got my tac 30 cal titanium can in yesterday, and I can say that it is by far the nicest can I have seen to date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you guys think about a S & B 10 X 42 PMII on it? Think that would be enough scope to bring out the precision of the Tango? It is as bright and sharp as they come (in my humble opinion). Just not sure if it's enough power-would look awesome considering the size and weight of both the gun and scope, plus I already have it, but don't want to base the decision on looks-I want function as well. </div></div>

What do you want to do with it? I went for the greatest level of versatility I could and when I saw the Hensoldt and the ease of sight picture that sold it for me. Regardless of the resolution, firmness of clicks etc, that sight picture alone makes shooting a lot more fun and easier to do - for me anyway.Also in less than one turn the 3-12X56 takes you further than 1k yards.

Have a look at Ilya's High End Tactical write up, it'll give you a lot of good input to make your final choice.

I was rolling around the net tonight and found this thread seems like yesterday...
Time passes fast as fk...

Mike R.

Reactions: J Scott