• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Pro Precision Rifle Opinion and Hotel Stay

Re: Tac Pro Precision Rifle Opinion and Hotel Stay

There's lot of hotels in Stephenville which about 25 minutes to the south. Lots of good places to eat also. (Hard Eight BBQ - Free Beer !!!)

Haven't taken any classes there, but I'm thinking about taking a private one on one class this summer.

two choices...the longhorn inn, which is about 6 miles north....kinda spartan and scruffy but fast to the range.....the other is in Stephenville...and yes you must do Hard Eight....

There are several hotels in Stephenville, and as far as places for good eats:
1. Hard Eight
2. Woody's
3. City Limit

Take it easy,

M1S90

There is a relatively new Hampton Inn in Stephenville with a great Steakhouse across the street. Enjoy them both.

Scooty

Stay in Stephenville, hit the hard 8, go out to Star Arms and look around, City limits isnt too bad, usually have a good texas country band playing on the weekends.

Highly recommend staying in Stephenville as well: the Hampton Inn, only about 2 years old, great complimentary breakfast, indoor pool, good customer service, each room w/fridge & microwave, pillowtop comforters. On a less pay scale, Comfort Inn an OK second choice but its been Nomad-glazed many times. I would avoid Holiday Inn if at all possible, Days Inn is about a 1-star too. FYI around football season Stephenville can sell out on weekends (home of Tarleton Sate Univ.)

I want to say Agave is the name of the restaurant site of City limits, I personally liked the Hard 8 but don't ask Just Roy about it, there are two steakhouses - one across from the Hampton and a new one a street up that's quite a bit $$$ for OK food (Fiddlecreek?). There's always Chili's. Oh, a placed called Montana with a decent menu selection but always with a wait. There's a restaurant on the Hill off highway 20 everyone hits for lunch - NY Hill or something like that - has decent Chicken-fried steak.