• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Pro Sniper Match- Oct 22-23- Mingus, TX

Re: Tac Pro Sniper Match- Oct 22-23- Mingus, TX

Chad it is on my calender. Maybe it will rain again and make it cool.
cool.gif

Has anyone shot this before? I'd be interested in trying something out like this. What's a match like this typically involve?

As I posted before my post was inexplicably deleted I will be there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kHIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone shot this before? I'd be interested in trying something out like this. What's a match like this typically involve? </div></div>
It's a good match when getting into competitive shooting. Most everything will be a timed event. Some events in the past:

prarie dog town- shoot 4-5 poppers from 200 to 500 yards in a given time period.
UKD- unknown distance- several Larue size targets you have to hit getting a range estimation using your scope- targets from 300 or 400 out to 1180 yards.
600 yards and out- shoot from 1K yard berm, and engage targets at 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 1K
Clay pidgeon shoot- 10 rounds at 400 or 500 yards trying to hit 3 large(120 mm), 3 medium (90mm), and 2 small (60 mm) clay pidgeons
Balloon pop- shoot multiple balloons from 400 to 600 yards
Run and gun (sometimes 2 stages)- shoot multiple steel targets with your pistol while running through the woods and engage 3 long range rifle targets at the end of the run shooting from a truck bed
100 yard pistol- shoot an IPSC target at 100 yards with your pistol- 10 rounds, each hit worth a certain amount
Movers- engage a steel or paper mover from anywhere from 400 to 600 yards. (was hauling ASS one year!!)
Find your bad guy- 100 yards- you are given a playing card that has a bad guy from the military's most wanted deck of cards, and you must find him in a sea of other cards on a board in about 30 seconds to a minute (one of the hardest stages)
Frogs- 100 yards- paper printed with small frogs, and you shoot 1 round on each frog in a timed event.
Sometimes a trick stage- turn your rifle 90 degress sideways (bolt up or down), and shoot into a circle at 200 yards
Pool- paper target with a rack of 15 billiard balls in the triangle (like before a break), and you put 1 round in each ball. Any ball with more than 1 round doesn't count. (another hard stage)
Cold bore shot- some kind of cold bore shot on an Ace of spades card or small Shoot N See at 100 or 200 yards
Baricade drill- Shoot 5 rounds in each position off a baricade from prone, sitting, kneeling, standing and weak side prone. Timed even and known as a barrel burner stage.

That's all that comes to mind right now. I know I'm missing some.

Think I'm going to let my game camera decide for me. Probably the same for J's comp. Dang hunting is getting in the way of my shooting is getting in the way of my hunting ext....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think I'm going to let my game camera decide for me. Probably the same for J's comp. Dang hunting is getting in the way of my shooting is getting in the way of my hunting ext.... </div></div>

Ya know, you really need to get your priorities straight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope</div></div>

& nope

ChadTRG42,

That's RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!!!! I'm sending in my form Monday morning!!!! Thanks for the info, and I can't WAIT until then. Thanks again,

Jason G.

I plan on being there to make you and Rich look good!!

Do they have anyone at TacPro that is on the Hide that posts info about matches? Bill doesnt seem the SH or facebook type to me lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KiwiShtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they have anyone at TacPro that is on the Hide that posts info about matches? Bill doesnt seem the SH or facebook type to me lol. </div></div>
Nope. I've never seen anyone on here.

I would think that it would be benificial to do so. Even if its only to log on, post match info and log off. Could be alot of prospective shooters that would shoot there, but just dont know about matches etc.

What is the prize table / payout like at the Tac Pro Sniper Matches?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dean253</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the prize table / payout like at the Tac Pro Sniper Matches?
</div></div>

Need a plastic Knife

I think last year they had a better prize table

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is Mingus, Texas? </div></div>

About 70 miles west of Ft Worth

Thanks, that would be strait south of us. If the pay-out was good I bet i could wrangle up 4 or 5 guys to go down

What's that mean "need a plastic knife"? Do they not normally have a good prize table?

Curious.

Need a plastic Knife

I think last year they had a better prize table [/quote]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1kHIT said:
Movers- engage a steel or paper mover from anywhere from 400 to 600 yards. (was hauling ASS one year!!)

</div></div>

And some chick holding a 2.5mil lead shot it...even her partner didn't believe her that she hit it...LOL Good times

Its not a bad match; its as much as you want to make out of it...

UKD,

Thanks for the story. I'm looking forward to going. Yes, I plan to make it as much fun as I can make it. It'll be here before I know it!

Jason G.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is Mingus, Texas?</div></div>

Mingus is akin to Vici and some of those old western Oklahoma towns. Lots of good bars, brush whores,and good eat's. Come on down and I'll take you up the road to Strawn and buy you dinner at the famous "Mary's". Can't say what the prize table will be but seeing me will be prize enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is Mingus, Texas?</div></div>

Mingus is akin to Vici and some of those old western Oklahoma towns. Lots of good bars, brush whores,and good eat's. Come on down and I'll take you up the road to Strawn and buy you dinner at the famous "Mary's". Can't say what the prize table will be but seeing me will be prize enough.</div></div>

.....fuckin A......i'm in

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also seeing Rich Rich is a prize in itself.
cool.gif
</div></div>Which makes drinking with him the Holy Grail!
laugh.gif

Might have to get in on this if I am not back in the box by then. See if I can take the best spot out of them all at dead last....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is Mingus, Texas?</div></div>

Mingus is akin to Vici and some of those old western Oklahoma towns. Lots of good bars, brush whores,and good eat's. Come on down and I'll take you up the road to Strawn and buy you dinner at the famous "Mary's". Can't say what the prize table will be but seeing me will be prize enough. </div></div>
Mary's sounds like my kind of place. I hope it's dirty in there my digestive juices don't flow very well unless it's smokey. And we don't want to upset my delicate balance of beer and chuckwagon sandwitches.

I wish I could! Unfortunately I will still be in A-stan. Maybe next year. Sounds like it will be a great match

Well the 23october is my 29th birthday maybe I will give myself a present and shoot the match!!!!

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be more willing to believe that it's your 59th birthday.

Dustin </div></div>

Dustin he really is 29 he just looks like that because Timmy keeps him rode hard and put up wet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be more willing to believe that it's your 59th birthday.

Dustin </div></div>

Dustin he really is 29 he just looks like that because <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Timmy</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">Geordie</span> keeps him rode hard and put up wet. </div></div>
Fixed it for you!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well the 23october is my 29th birthday maybe I will give myself a present and shoot the match!!!!</div></div>
Since it's a special day, I promise not to beat you too bad!

Would you guys say this is for a first timer in this kind of setting? Ill be honest. I havent even had time to work up a load for my rifle yet. Im willing to learn if someone will teach but I dont want to come and be in the way of the pros.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you guys say this is for a first timer in this kind of setting? Ill be honest. I havent even had time to work up a load for my rifle yet. Im willing to learn if someone will teach but I dont want to come and be in the way of the pros. </div></div>
I would think this would be a good starting match. Work up a good load that shoots well at 300 yards, get a good fps on the load, and print out a dope card. This match has some hard parts to it, but it's all fun. There are no professionals, just try-hard, wanna-be-shooters slinging lead (me!).