• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Pro Spring Sniper Match

Re: Tac Pro Spring Sniper Match

damn.........same weekend as NORCAL. Every year Tacpro has a conflict with another match. One of these years I'll get there.

Is this match still on? I sent in $$ and their generic application and have not heard a thing. Any updates would be appreciated

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in. </div></div>
Dang it!
grin.gif

I'm not talkin' about the BS'n! That's one more person I'll come in behind!!!
I just called Tac Pro, and they said there is a low light shoot, and we should be done by 9:30 or 10. So, I'll be staying somewhere near there and not driving home to D.

You guys have fun. I was planning on coming over, but now have a conflict and can't make it.

You can take him Chad!

Yall tear it up! I'm out on this one.

You know where your last 100 were rubbed, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Report?</div></div>

It was a good match, a few more changes this year, Hot and miserable as usual, but lots of fun.

DAY 1
Cold bore 100 yards --100pts
KYL 100yds--200pts
Tack driver- 5 tacks-2 min 100yds--500pts
10 frogs@ 100yds 1 minute--200pts
terrorist card- 30seconds- identify and shoot--100pts
Barricade posistional 200yds-25shots 5min--500pts
Roll shoot rifle on side at 200yds.--pts?
Mini poppers from small tower UKD- 3 min 5 targets range and shoot--500 pts
Larry Steel from pond UKD -5min 5 targets MIL and shoot--500pts
Known distance 6,7,8,9 and 1000yds 10 inch CIRCLE steel--500pts
Ping Pong balls weak side prone-100yds -- 100 pts
Pistol IPSC target 100 yds- 10 shots.-- not sure if this event got scored?

DAY 2
Cold bore 300 yds MOA target--100pts
Golf Balls @ 300yds --pts?? not sure if this event got scored
posistional march 300-100yds positional-- 200pts
Clays 500yds--150 pts
Group 500yds--100 pts
Mover about 5-6 mph @ 500yds --200pts Only two people hit this target, i got lucky and hit it once)
Pistol-falldown plates move to dueling tree, timed event--100 pts
Rifle/pistol- jungle run, shoot rifle at about 150 off barricade run thru woods shooting poppers and finish in back of truck shooting ukd steel with rifle,carry all gear of course.--100pts
Mini poppers with rifle ukd-- 500 pts
END of course

Competition was tight any of the top 4 could have won with a couple of better shots.

1st Lonnie Devine-- 1917pts --260 Rem-AI rifle-140VLDS
2nd Larry "The Man" Carnes --1814pts --260 Rem DPMS AR10-140VLDS
3rd Rich Emmons--1746 pts --260Rem Surgeon-139 Lapuas
4th Tony McCollum--1675pts --243 Rem 700- 115 DTACS
5th John Huebner--1405 pts--308 GAP-155 Lapuas (pretty damn racey)

congrats to all who shot there was lots of lessons learned.
Congrats to Chad an his AWESOME 1.5" 500 yard 5 shot group (off paper)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R. Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Report?</div></div>
Congrats to Chad an his AWESOME 1.5" 500 yard 5 shot group (off paper) </div></div>

That's what was frustrating! That group didn't count!

It was a good match. A lot more precision work and small targets this match. Several stages where you shoot with all your gear on, which makes it even more difficult.

No Prob at all. Enjoyed the match as well as shooting with you guys again! Liked the fact they changed up a few things and gave us some different types of targets. Now I'm wondering about the golf balls myself? I'm not seeing a score for them either. Not that it would help me out :)

It was pretty good. $1K off a Hendsolt, half off a NF, Some kind cert for a USOptic, $500 off a NVG, lots of $50 off Starlight cases, knives, utility bags, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was pretty good. $1K off a Hendsolt, half off a NF, Some kind cert for a USOptic, $500 off a NVG, lots of $50 off Starlight cases, knives, utility bags, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. </div></div>

There was also AICS certificate good for a Stock
wink.gif
. Also a Hornaday LNL press cert. McMillian gave $350 cert to lowest scoring Mil/LEO.

Good tough match as always, with a good group of guys. I came in 5th and was shooting my GAP 308 pushing 155 Scenars, and trying to keep up with all the race rifles. Good job everyone. It was a lot of fun, even if I was the oldest shooter there. Where is the Advil for my right knee?
John Huebener
Fort Worth, TX

Had a great time met a lot of good people, John you old fart quit your bitchin you did dang good. John you were right about the lapua brass almost 500fps faster explains a little but no excuse.

Great match. I really enjoyed it except for the hike to the last stage.... Great shooters... we had a hoot on our end of the line. Enjoyed seeing old friends again and meeting a couple of new ones.