• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tac sol xring 10/22

Pullum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
TN
just picked up a tactical solutions xring action, barrel, houge stock and extended mag release. any one have any experience with this action? still has the factory trigger but thats the only stock part left? whats a good trigger?

Re: tac sol xring 10/22

KIDD is the best trigger out there for the 10/22 but they are not cheap.

The X-Ring is a great action. It is incredible smooth and has been very reliable in my experience.

since i have not fired it aka it is unfired is there a way to function check it before a live fire?

I will check the kidd trigger out.

I have two of them. Great actions. Both have Kidd triggers.

wow the kidd triggers are pricey! are they worth it...single or two stage?

I can't speak to the x-ring but trigger wise, I got a Hornet custom and have been pleased. It is not as nice as a Kidd, but for the price I don't think it can be beat. I got the custom for a budget build based on an ooooold donor rifle.

If I were to start another build, I would just suck it up and get a full supergrade build. It'll be around 1400 but it would be exceptionally accurate and exactly what I want.

Go with the Kidd trigger and sear. Hard to beat for $105. I have one on mine. Cut groups in half.

Eddie

I helped my uncle piece his X-Ring Receiver, Barrel, and Kidd Trigger together. The setup is super accurate and has been very reliable.

I run a Kidd trigger on my standard 10/22 receiver and Tacsol barrel. It seems to be just as accurate as the rifle with X-Ring receiver, but the action on the standard 10/22 is not close to as smooth as the X-Ring.

The Kidd trigger is the best trigger group that I have used in a 10/22. To me it was worth the money. I went with the 2 stage.

yeah its looking like i am gonna pick up the 2 stage.
is it drop in?
what pull weights should be use.
i will be using it for general plinking and occasional ground hog zapper.

Drop in yes. I had to use a youtube vid to get everything back together. Start to finish 20-25 mins. I installed the single stage and love it.

Eddie

I just threw together a 10/22 around the factory receiver with a tacsol bbl and a Boyd's stock, among others, and the Timney trigger group. Measured it on the break scale at 1lb 3oz. Drops right in and comes with the auto bolt release and extended mag release, very good feel and an amazing trigger break. Expensive like the Volquartsen, but both of them are worth it IMO