• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacitcal Innovations reciever reverse cant?

300winman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2010
layton,utah
I bought a Tac22 rifle package and have had a problem with running out of elevation at 75 yards with two different ring an scope combos. Any ideas? Anyway the rail that is machined into the reciever has reverse cant?

Re: Tacitcal Innovations reciever reverse cant?

Type of scope, type of rings, pictures.....that would be a start

You might want to try Burris Signature rings with the inserts to counteract the slope of your rail. You can get .20 offset inserts but you'll need to order them separately. I use the Signature rings exclusively now, on a Marlin 39AS, Savage BV, Annie MPR, Savage 10 (30mm) and a Rem 700 5R. Can't recommend them enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apophas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Type of scope, type of rings, pictures.....that would be a start </div></div>This.

Types of scopes were a hawke varmint 2.5-10x44 with swift tactical rings, And a Nikon monarch 2.5-10x42 with burris xtr rings. both scopes were tested with both rings. Both scope and ring combos in either configuration will allow a 115-130 yard zero on a factory ruger with a cheap weaver 0 moa rail.
IMG_3025.jpg

Any chance that the barrel is canted? Fitting them to the receiver can require sanding.

Or that the stock is putting a bunch of up pressure on the end of the barrel?

Have you talked to Tac Innovations? I would be curious as to what they have to say about it.

Maybe there is a problem with the machining of the rail. Do they do a reverse cant on purpose?

I spoke with tactical innovations this morning and craig said that there is no way that there could be a reverse cant on the reciever because it's machined parallel to the center bore line. He said that he will ship me an adjustable v block because he believes that my barrel is sagging or being pulled downward using a factory v block

You could have barrel droop. How tight did you tighten the V-block screws? Kidd recommends only something 10-15 in-lbs, just enough to keep it in place.

I recieved the adjustable v block in the mail today. I havent shot it yet but when i re bore site it the laser was now 2 mils higher than it was before. I would assume this will fix the problem i was having. Thanks for the help