• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing TacOps and Mike R (photos)

Delta Tactical

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mike R and TacOps are at it again crafting true works of art.

TacOps has decided to manufacture his own Bottom Metal for the Remington 700. It will pretty much have the same footprint as the factory bottom metal requiring only a tiny adjustment.

It will be crafted out of 303 stainless.

Here are the initial photos of the bottom metal along with one of Mike R giving it his usual inspection. You know if TacOps built it it will be damn near perfect as Mike R is lunatic when it comes to quality and perfection!
laugh.gif

bottommed2.jpg

bottommed1.jpg

bottommed3.jpg

bottommed4.jpg

Re: TacOps and Mike R (photos)

Nice....If it is a true drop-in, wonder if he will sell them separately of a complete build?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What type of mags will it use? </div></div>

i would bet internal, non dbm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What type of mags will it use? </div></div>

i would bet internal, non dbm. </div></div>

Yep...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice....If it is a true drop-in, wonder if he will sell them separately of a complete build?</div></div>

So he decided to design and build something better.

My rifle will get the new BM, so I am pretty jazzed. From the look of it, all of the edges have a nice radius to them. Pure sex in machining. Nice.

nice bottom metal Danny give us a call as we might need some as we only have 2 williams left. also might need some more bolt knobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasheed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What type of mags will it use? </div></div>

i would bet internal, non dbm. </div></div>

Yep... </div></div>

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why his guns never have detachable magazines? Does he feel they are a liability?

I think I read somewhere where Mike stated that the rifles are stiffer with the floorplate rather than a DBM, which contributes to more precision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I read somewhere where Mike stated that the rifles are stiffer with the floorplate rather than a DBM, which contributes to more precision. </div></div>
Not sure a spring loaded floorplate is helping rigidity. with the M4 for example, its only atttachment point is a hinge.

I would think a DMB would be "more accurate" if anything because the magazine spring isnt putting pressure on the receiver. Its just floating, in the dbm

Very nice work. It looks amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice bottom metal Danny give us a call as we might need some as we only have 2 williams left. also might need some more bolt knobs.

</div></div>

Will do.

I sent my A1-3 rifle back down to Mike as well for the upgrade. I never had a problem with the one he put on years ago but I like the look of the new unit and the stronger metal can't hurt.

I think I will coat the metal in Brown-T to match this lush California vegetation (sarcasm intended :))

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice....If it is a true drop-in, wonder if he will sell them separately of a complete build?</div></div>

So he decided to design and build something better.

My rifle will get the new BM, so I am pretty jazzed. From the look of it, all of the edges have a nice radius to them. Pure sex in machining. Nice. </div></div>

Is that tidbit of information something you got directly from Mike, or did you embellish that one a little on your own?