• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacOps Gen 5 Drag Bag

Paulus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
iowa
Guys,

Just got the new generation 5 drag bag from TacOps. Man! what a great peice of gear!

Ive been suffering along with a hardcase for a while. i travel a lot and try to take my rifle with me so i bought a pelican for it. after about a year of this, i am really sick of lugging a pelican around in the truck with me. long story short i finally broke down and bought a drag bag, and took a friends advice and bought a tacops. Said friend has a blackhawk and a 2nd friend has Tactical Tailor and i can honestly tell you guys, no comparison. i am really extremely pleased with this drag bag. pouches for everything, including a camel back and cleaning rod, spacious, well made, all the little things in this bag like the included shooting matt, the hidden shoulder straps.....truly awesome.

i was a bit hesitant at the price tag at first but now that its here and ive gotten to inspect it well and use it some, worth every penny. anyone else on here have one? any opinions? i think im sold on TacOps for good. Also got a pistol bag from them and already had the Cheek pad. Im impressed. all their gear is extremely well made, fairly priced, awesome customer service, and made right here in the USA. that in and of itself is hard to find these days.

Anyhow, just thought id share, post a short review. pics to follow if anyone wants to see em.

and again, cannot say enough good things about the folks at TacOps, the customer service was first rate, second to none. outstanding.

Paulus

IMG_0404.jpg

Re: TacOps Gen 5 Drag Bag

I agree completely. I got mine for Christmas, & love it. My ONLY complaint is that it has enough room for EVERYTHING I have, & once I got it all in the bag it's HEAVY! But I use the pack straps, & it's great! Best money I spent on my rifle since I got my NXS.

That was one of the deciding factors in getting the bag, Bigwheels. i wanted a bag i could actually fit everything in. The TacOps bag succeeds wonderfully. you are right though it does get a bit heavy carrying everything in one bag but its a lot more convenient!

Paulus

Would really hate to drag that thing around for a while. HEAVY!

Always wondered about the shooting mat that comes with the bag. What are the dimension? L x W x H(Padding?).

The price seems high but if the mat is close to what I'm looking for it might be worth it.

the shooting mat is actually pretty big. 3 feet by a lot more long? dont know exact dimensions, im not at home and cant measure at the moment, but will do so soonest, and post back. its a really nice mat with it.

and yeah, that sucker DOES get VERY heavy with all the range gear in it, but the bag is awesome. i can fit everything but the kitchen sink in it, and the bag is well balanced, well made, lots of protection for my stuff, and rifle, really a great buy.

TacOps has a winner. they are a bit on the expensive side, but well worth the expense. money well spent.

Paulus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baschu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always wondered about the shooting mat that comes with the bag. What are the dimension? L x W x H(Padding?).</div></div>
The dimensions of the included shooting mat are 51"L x 25.5"W x 7/16"Thick. Since the mat is about 7/16" thick, I'd estimate the closed cell foam padding used in the mat to be 3/8".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baschu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The price seems high but if the mat is close to what I'm looking for it might be worth it.</div></div>
Compared to all bags except the Eagle, the Tac Ops Drag Bag is considerably more costly. However, when compared to the Eagle (which seems to be the standard that many go by), the Tac Ops is a better value because it offers features such as a padded suppressor pocket and a hide-away shooting mat that the Eagle doesn't have for marginally more.

And by the time you buy an Eagle DB and a shooting mat you could have bought the Tac Ops, but you will still be missing some of the cool Tac Ops features, such as the shooting mat pocket. Since the Eagle DB lacks a pocket to store a shooting mat the mat must be carried separately or lashed to the DB or a backpack.

Keith

Thanks for the info...Looks like I'll have to give Mike a call.

Yeah, give Mike a call, he's an awesome guy to talk to and will get you set up with what you want in a bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firefox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">group buy on this things</div></div>

I'd be in if it can be shipped to the UK.

When I bought my Eagle it was only because I couldn't get an answer to my calls/emails from Tac Ops....but I know Mike is a busy guy.

Ive had mine, (which is OD and looks just like yours, & have no idea what Gen it is...) for almost four years now, and I STILL love it.

You definately get what you pay for, and it's definately worth the wait. There was a lot of thought put into this DB. Cool piece of kit.

Mike R. is a great guy to deal with too.

Moderator<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #33CC00"> Mike</span></span> will have more info up after he talks to Mike at Tac Ops this weekend....