• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacOps order placed!

mdmp5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2009
    Just ordered an X-Ray 51 from Rescigno. I just couldn't resist the temptation after the post from Aries64. Damn I have a woody
    grin.gif

Re: TacOps order placed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered an X-Ray 51 from Rescigno. I just couldn't resist the temptation after the post from Aries64. Damn I have a woody
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

You lucky sucker....Congrats....

Hard to say on the ETA, but time is no object for a Hanzo sword of a rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered an X-Ray 51 from Rescigno. I just couldn't resist the temptation after the post from Aries64. Damn I have a woody
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

So Mike, what scope you gonna put on it????
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered an X-Ray 51 from Rescigno. I just couldn't resist the temptation after the post from Aries64. Damn I have a woody
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

grin.gif
    </div></div>

Hmmmmmm...man I was gonna try to get some sleep tonight and you just ruined it. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered an X-Ray 51 from Rescigno. I just couldn't resist the temptation after the post from Aries64. Damn I have a woody
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

grin.gif
    </div></div>

Hmmmmmm...man I was gonna try to get some sleep tonight and you just ruined it. LOL </div></div>

LOL the one good thing about these scopes is that if you don't like something about one, you can sell it here for a very minimal loss.

Any idea if he will build those using the Badger detachable magazine (AI mag) bottom metal? It does not even list it as an option.

Last I checked, no DBM, only internal magazine. I don't remember why Mike doesn't like DBM, but there is a logical reason. You can ask him if you'd like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hitman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea if he will build those using the Badger detachable magazine (AI mag) bottom metal? It does not even list it as an option. </div></div>

Not a chance, just ask. But I think you could get him to do a seekings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered an X-Ray 51 from Rescigno. I just couldn't resist the temptation after the post from Aries64. Damn I have a woody
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

grin.gif
    </div></div>

Probably a Tasco or a Simmons

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should be there by Christmas............2010
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

Sounds about right... maybe by Thanksgiving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the projected completion date? </div></div>
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to say on the ETA, but time is no object for a Hanzo sword of a rifle.</div></div>
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Mike</span>, you are abso-fuckin-lutely right. Personally, I've always believed in quality over quantity, and to that end if I have to wait longer and/or save a while longer to get the best product out there I do. Tac Ops machining tolerances, attention-to-detail, and finish are beyond anything else that I have seen and have had the priviledge to fire, including friends rifles built by shops that are very popular shops on this board.

I've said it before - there are lots of well-known, popular shops out there that build great rifles that are accurate and nicely finished, but none of them compare to Tac Ops quality, accuracy, attention-to-detail, or customer service.

I have been to the range twice now to fire my X-Ray, and while I need more practice to be more consistent and better able to get the best out of my X-Ray, I did shoot some 100 yard .25 MOA groups. My best group measured .022", <span style="font-style: italic">well-under</span>. (This is using FGMM 168gr.)

For anyone interested in seeing the X-Ray in action, I'm planning on heading to ASR next Monday (10/28). I'll be set-up at the west end of the range. See you there.

Keith

grin.gif
    </div></div>

Just dont rush him, there's no telling what will come back on your bottom metal
    wink.gif

I know Mike is busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest right now. So wait times could be longer. Also, it depends on suppliers. Once you order your rifle he starts ordering the parts, such as your stock from McMillan; which is a six month wait. One other factor is you could get bumped if there is a law enforcement agency or military agency orders rifles as Mike puts them before regular retail customers. The best thing to do is order it than try not to think about it until he calls you.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered an X-Ray 51 from Rescigno. I just couldn't resist the temptation after the post from Aries64. Damn I have a woody
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

wink.gif
    </div></div>

laugh.gif

Congratulations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikepal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered an X-Ray 51 from Rescigno. I just couldn't resist the temptation after the post from Aries64. Damn I have a woody
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

wink.gif
    </div></div>

I actually requested that Mike personally engrave a nice big shlong on my floorplate
    smile.gif

Why not have him engrave Tera Patrick holding the TacOps on your floor plate.

XMdeo1Mg.jpeg

jT2j8zyb.jpeg

It will look realistic. All engraving is done by hand with hammer in chisel.

I requested this on mine and it came out better than i imagined:

12HHrFCe.jpeg

I asked Mike if I get a complimentary 1/2 hour of quality time with TP if I bought the rifle from him.

Thanks for posting pics of my rifle Chubby.
    wink.gif
    I'm sure people will like it better with Tera doing the posing, as apposed to me doing the modeling.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chubby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not have him engrave Tera Patrick holding the TacOps on your floor plate.

XMdeo1Mg.jpeg

jT2j8zyb.jpeg

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrp3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for posting pics of my rifle Chubby.
    wink.gif
    I'm sure people will like it better with Tera doing the posing, as apposed to me doing the modeling.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chubby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not have him engrave Tera Patrick holding the TacOps on your floor plate.

XMdeo1Mg.jpeg

jT2j8zyb.jpeg

</div></div>

</div></div>
    Just be sure to scrub and disinfect that gun when she is done with it

Congrats, can't wait to scrape up fundings for my own x-ray, got a couple other projects to finish first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll take a X-RAY 51 with a a side order of TAC OPS girls </div></div>

youre gonna get a side order of gonorrsyphilherpeAIDS is what your gonna get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkv_89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got my xray 51 set up with mike r. today. now just the wait =) </div></div>
    Congrats on your decision. Now that Tac Ops will be producing their own bottom metal, with some luck the wait for your A5 will be the limiting factor.

Keith

Were do you find these pics of these hot-ass Tac-Ops girls??

I want a Wallpaper!!

Alot

I think its about 3500 for the Tango then up from there. I believe the X-ray is 4500. Correct me if I'm wrong

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LukeUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have a price list for Tac Ops? </div></div>

Im in at 4k on a Lima 51 been 14 long month's so far
    cry.gif

Your clear as mud answer is that it varies based on what you spec with Mike. The best thing to do is call him and he'll get you dialed in. It's hard to believe that some say his prices are high, in reality his prices are consistent with the other handful of top tier producers. He'll do packages with bedded bases, drag bags, scope mounting, and more. I also like that every one of them gets proofed.

If you decide to order, it will take a while,,,but so what. If you give them a fair shake and don't decide to order, it can't be because of the price.

One of my favorite things about Mike and the TAC OPS crew that's all but forgotten these days is this: It will exceed the performance and quality you'd expect,,, or it would have never left the shop, period. In the upper echelon of precision rifles, I find their platforms to be a great value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alot

I think its about 3500 for the Tango then up from there. I believe the X-ray is 4500. Correct me if I'm wrong </div></div>

**Not you Jim, I was referring to TimResin's post**

No problem

I am going to sell mine.. I never thought the wait would be this long and now I have too many 308's , I am sure it will be great and worth the wait but i'm now into the 6.5X47 thing.Mike has always been stand up and fair with me and he builds a great rifle things change as time goes on.So if you want to jump the line.........

JIm

Just look at it as that time will pass anyway but you have something great coming and the longer you wait to place the order the more time you will have to wait. When if you would have ordered the first time you thought about it it would be that much closer to shipping date. Thats what I kept in my mind for my Lima. Pictures really do not do these rifles justice at all. I thought I knew what I expected but when the dealer popped the case open OMG what an amazing piece of art work.
    Everyone in the gun shop just flocked to that side of the room like vultures asking "Damn what kind of rifle is that?" Everytime I look or better yet stare at my Lima it just never ceases to impress me. Even shooting it is always a joy.

I had an X-Ray but I asked to Mike change the stock to the A1-3. Now it is perfect. The A5 was just too big of a stock.

George, I didn't think about that as an option. How long were you without? I guess that he could order it and texture it while you are shooting, so the actual down time probably isn't that long. Hmmm...