• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacOps Xray-51

jayjaytuner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Geneva, New York
So I should have my brand new xray coming soon, i'm very excited! anyone got some pics to hold me over?
As some of you may have seen i was on the fence about selling it, as i am kinda in the hole with money, but i decided a rifle like this dont come along very often so if i gotta eat ramen noodles for a while so be it!.
From everything i'v seen and read his rifles are Hammers!
now i gotta roll some quarters for some glass, & the harris bi-pod combo throw lever that member Aries64 has!

Last edited:
jayjaytuner
Ramen will do, don't sell, get ammo and enjoy. Money comes and goes but great moments in life are more important.
My philosophical thought of the day!
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

You decided to keep the TacOps? Good choice. Ramen tastes a lot better when eaten next to a fine rifle.

Good, good choice, jayjaytuner. I've a Delta51 coming my way before too long, and I'd have to lose my job before I'd sell that thing. Heck, I'd start looking askance at my left kidney first! To make the ramens taste their absolute best, eat them with the X-Ray sitting right next to you, as BIPMaster suggests. And relish the rifle every time you're out hunting or at the range.

Yours,

David

Hey buddy it was nice chatting with you about possible trades but im happy you decided to keep it. Enjoy

Well thanks to my old man, I have a new Nightforce 5.5-22x56 HS ZS with the Moar reticle coming from sport optics!!, great prices there btw!
tonight will be a sleepless night

Oh how I would love to be in your shoes!! If you don't mind me asking, what was your total wait time? What kind of options did you get? I absolutely love mikes rifles.

Got my nightforce 5.5x22x56 today, moar reticle with high speed zero stop.
Anxiously awaiting rifle!

2w236s2.jpg

23jlann.jpg

8zqulv.jpg

Jayjaytuner
Nice move from your old man; he understands you have serious mental issues and wants to give you a hand. I am 100% with you, dealing with similar mental issues; Ramen noodles never looked so good.
Congrats on the scope; let us now how she shoots when the big day arrives.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Tac Ops X-Ray 51

So I should have my brand new xray coming soon, i'm very excited! anyone got some pics to hold me over?
You may have seen these photos before, but since you asked here's my X-Ray 51:

X-Ray 51 w/KMW "Loggerhead" Adjustable A5 w/10" Anschutz Rail, Spacer System LOP, & Tac Ops Floorplate:

X-Ray51LoggerheadRS45Angle18x6.jpg

X-Ray51LoggerheadLS45Angle2NOSN8x6.jpg

X-Ray51LoggerheadRSProfile48x6.jpg

X-Ray51LoggerheadLSProfile1NOSN8x6-1.jpg

Old-school Hammer & Chisel engraved "Tactical Operations" and "X-Ray 51" names on LH side of barrel:
TacticalOperationsEngravingDGT28x6.jpg

X-Ray51Engraving1NOSN8x6.jpg

Closeup of trigger guard of Tac Ops 303 Stainless Floorplate. HD construction with smooth, radiused edges:
TOBottomMetal68x6.jpg

As some of you may have seen i was on the fence about selling it, as i am kinda in the hole with money, but i decided a rifle like this dont come along very often so if i gotta eat ramen noodles for a while so be it!.
It was wise of you to hold onto it JJ, especially since you haven't taken possession and shot it yet. Tac Ops rifles don't come along very often - they're tactical rifles built for rugged use, but with the attention-to-detail of a $100,000 Holland & Holland, and accuracy approaching that of a benchrest rifle with FGMM (factory ammunition) - NOT pet handloads. That is an extremely rare combination.

From everything i'v seen and read his rifles are Hammers!
While Tac Ops rifles definitely hammer steel and accurate rifles are often called "hammers", the "hammer" moniker really isn't sufficient to describe the accuracy of Tac Ops rifles. A Tac Ops rifle is more akin to a fine surgical instrument. When you get your X-Ray, take a bunch of FGMM 168s' to the range and zero it tight under very calm conditions and with minimal mirage at 100-110 yards (and when I say "zero tight", I mean 3 shots look like a single bullet hole at high magnification though a good scope). If you're on your game and as long as you didn't clean the bore, on subsequent days under the same conditions and at the same distance you should be able to keep three (3) shots under .25 MOA CTC. If you can't you need to work on fundamentals, because it won't be the rifle - which will always perform the same. Form and consistency is key. A lot of people think 100 yard groups aren't important, but I disagree. If a shooter can't group consistently and on-target at 100 yards under calm conditions the shooter and/or the rifle and ammo (possibly all three) needs work.

now i gotta roll some quarters for some glass, & the harris bi-pod combo throw lever that member Aries64 has!
I see that you got a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50 - nice scope. Now it's a matter of Larue getting the LT706 + BRM-S Combo back in-stock. Don't forget an ACCU-SHOT BT28 to attach the bipod to:

Closeup of "Tac Ops OD "Green-T & Black-T-coated ACCU-SHOT BT28 Rail in the Anschutz Rail of my X-Ray 51:

X-Ray51LoggerheadAnschutzRailBT28CU38x6.jpg

X-Ray51LoggerheadBT28RS8x6.jpg

X-Ray51LoggerheadBT28LS8x6.jpg

Keith

Last edited:
Thats a beautiful Xray Keith!!
I'v seen it in other posts, but i can look at tacops all day!
I'v got my bt28 afar kit sitting here, & a couple hundred 168 fgmm to get me started.
I'll prob put on my atlas for now until my backorder comes in from larue.

look forward to putting a bunch of rounds downrange. & Focus on the fundamentals, breathing & form.
jay