• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacPro LSSO 4/18

Shady_Jay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2006
I'll be there with my burned out throat...lol

Who else is going?

Re: TacPro LSSO 4/18

10-4 CKA, Ductape and I will be there, if I can get the cobwebs cleaned off my rifle and the spiders out of the barrel. we both have to work next Friday so I hope the Saturday morning spotters are BIG!

Does this event require preregistiation and if so what are the entry requirements. I'd like to participate if possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this event require preregistiation and if so what are the entry requirements. I'd like to participate if possible. </div></div>

Here's the link to their contact info.

http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/contact.html

I suggest you call and see if there are spots open. There is a cutoff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this event require preregistiation and if so what are the entry requirements. I'd like to participate if possible. </div></div>

Here's the link to their contact info.

http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/contact.html

I suggest you call and see if there are spots open. There is a cutoff. </div></div>

Thanks Bro, I'll give them a shout monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't miss a chance to mess with the benchrest crowd, I'll be there.</div></div>

You don't seriously think you can be competitive with a tactical rifle shot prone do you?

Guy shows up at this event one year, factory stock PSS and cheap scope. Cleans everyone's clock. 1st place.
Shows up the next year with the same rig and does it again.

Yeah, I'd say he'll be competetive.

I'll be there if it doesn't rain. Hope its run better then last time. It's one of the most disorganized shoots I go to...

Still fun regardless. I was kinda hoping it did rain, might make it hard for the bench guys to anchor their benches to the ground with the mobile home anchors.

I hope it is a rainy, muddy, nasty SOB.

If we let the score keepers score and all the whiner's will let the score keepers score, we won't be there till dark thirty like at the fall shoot. Take the score keepers score and deal with it!

I'm done bitchin........for now??

Last minute switch, to the ole Savage and 260 barrel, as i couldn't get the 6CM to shoot after trying 6 different powders and various charges i finally gave up. Sumbitch used to shoot, i don't know what the hell is going on, grouping was all over, best of all was 40.0 of H4350, and it had two seperate clover leafs about 3 inches apart about 3/4 MOA. Not good enough for this match. So I hoping th 260 barrel can beat that, i blew out the cob webs last night. just need a break in the rain for a test zero... Oh the Surgeon is on like donky kong and i will break the emergency glass case if need be but i was trying to shoot something else.

Rained on the way there this morning. Clear when got there. Some mud may dry by tommorow. But NO Wind. Most of the guys took about 10 shots to verify zero and seem go to go. But tommorow is a diffrent story. Good Luck All. Jason and his wife are shooting so we all better watch out.......

TXEric showed up around 5pm... drinking beer since.. I'll be there in the morning with ChadTRG and Eric...

Best of results CKA, Chad, and crew. (no such thing as luck) Wish I was there, even just for a pan fried steak
smile.gif

Show those dedicated BR guys how it's done on the ground.

Team Bukakke, remember headshots are hard, but nutshots are twice as hard! I have a Santeria candle ready to go. If yall need it just give me the word.

It was great BBQ and a dang good shoot. In my opinion it was run very well. The 7 Wizzum did me right cleaning 1,4 &5, I mucked up 2 & 3, ended up 17th. LOT'S of great shooters and perfect weather. There was a shoot-off for first place, had to head home before so no report.

Trigger Time kicked butt with his new shooter, kicked my butt with half the gunpowder, nice shooting TT!.

Bring yer .223's out to Ft. Wolters Saturday for a 500yd prone match.

Did anybody get the feeling that we was on a chain gang? There was more side arms being worn than an episode of Gunsmoke.

yeah... that compiled with a lot of other things

Alright bros!!! How bout the results. Match comments. AND THE FRIGGIN WINNER!!!!

Let's just say, I cleaned the 5th relay in 8 rounds (8 targets) with 2 rounds left in the mag. The first relay was ok, but the next 3 I don't want to talk about. I couldn't find my butt with both hands.
It was cloudy and foggy for first relay for group A, then later was sunny the rest of the time. The conditions changed a lot as the day cleared and heated up.
No prizes were given except cash to 1st-3rd places. No plaques, no free gun goodies. Good BBQ though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtySteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anybody get the feeling that we was on a chain gang? There was more side arms being worn than an episode of Gunsmoke. </div></div>

Yes my thoughts are the same. Also other observations.
a. Safety info spotty
b. To many Barney Fiffs in one spot with a lot of nothing to do
c. No printed LSSO tee shirts just some tac pro shirts....
d. POOR SCORING several missed breaks and non counts by the target crew no supervision of the target crew???
e.A 338 Lapua shooter on line when rules said only up to 30 cal. When RO told stated SO WHAT...
f. Right handed shooters placed with left handed shooters on same bench when entry asked if you were right or left?????
g. RO rude when asked to look at scores after read out if you could call it that. He seemed totally UNINTERESTED In the whole thing.
h. No formal recognition of the sponsors who gave money.
i. No recognition of any type of first 10 shooters a simple piece of paper would of been appreciated.
j.Shoot off run like a Junior High tryout
k. NO instructions to first time shooters some needed help.

Just felt like we did them a favor for being there and they were bothered by the whole process of the match.Speaking to several shooters today they including myself probally won't be back. Will activily persue other ranges to host something similar or have a private range host an event.

That's a shame, It ain't cheap piling up and going to matches!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtySteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anybody get the feeling that we was on a chain gang? There was more side arms being worn than an episode of Gunsmoke. </div></div>

Yes my thoughts are the same. Also other observations.
a. Safety info spotty
b. To many Barney Fiffs in one spot with a lot of nothing to do
c. No printed LSSO tee shirts just some tac pro shirts....
d. POOR SCORING several missed breaks and non counts by the target crew no supervision of the target crew???
e.A 338 Lapua shooter on line when rules said only up to 30 cal. When RO told stated SO WHAT...
f. Right handed shooters placed with left handed shooters on same bench when entry asked if you were right or left?????
g. RO rude when asked to look at scores after read out if you could call it that. He seemed totally UNINTERESTED In the whole thing.
h. No formal recognition of the sponsors who gave money.
i. No recognition of any type of first 10 shooters a simple piece of paper would of been appreciated.
j.Shoot off run like a Junior High tryout
k. NO instructions to first time shooters some needed help.

Just felt like we did them a favor for being there and they were bothered by the whole process of the match.Speaking to several shooters today they including myself probally won't be back. Will activily persue other ranges to host something similar or have a private range host an event.
</div></div>

At least your are consistent. You bitched the entire day to include your AAR.

Well no wind to help me out, but still managed a respectable shoot. Company was great as allways.
tacpro012.jpg

tacpro010.jpg

tacpro002.jpg

tacpro005.jpg

tacpro003.jpg

Cap, If one can't bitch what good is LIFE......
Remember bitching causes change......

Ha, ya that was during the sight in. Eric actually loaned him a pad to put his ten rounds on during the match.

Ductape and I were getting a little worried about all the side arms. I guess they thought we were a rowdy bunch.

So who won the shoot off??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ductape and I were getting a little worried about all the side arms. I guess they thought we were a rowdy bunch.
</div></div>

A Benchrester competent in "running the gun" and with a dual-port action, can place a 5 round 1/16th MOA group in your left eye, faster than you can draw your weapon.

It is a scientific fact that has been proven by scientists.

I'd have to agree it was kinda like what i imagine a prison match may be like. But i'd be a little more worried if they all wore pig stickers on their side.

Congrats to the winners. Can't remember the top scores but first and second only dropped 10 pts, pretty damn snazzy.

I think the top 6-7 shooters all had 6.5-284's, i felt like my 260 kept up pretty well. 9th is not bad considering i cross-fired one relay, and fell apart on another.

Not all the top finishers were 6.5-284's. Chuck Miller in fourth was shooting a 6 6.5x47L. He shot real well all day.