• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactial Rifles 308 Rifle

rem700300wsm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2013
New to the forum and after seeing all the awesome stuff on here I had to post my new build.

Had the guys at Tactical Rifles build this for me:

.308 Chimera Action on a T7 Stock with a Surefire Can and an IOR 3-18x42 mm scope (painted that myself and need to fix the ring issue) ... have a certificate from TR that it shot a .165 c-c group before they shipped it (3 rd group + sighter) ... personally shooting sub moa out to 300 yards so far but need to keep working to get to what the rifle is capable of.

Can't say how happy I am to have this in my hands and can't wait to really stretch its legs soon (want to take out to about 800 once I gather the appropriate dope).

Hope this is up to snuff for the group here!

Rem700300WSM

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 58
Oh my. This thread is convenient.

Can you post close up pictures of the action, bottom metal (in the stock) and the recoil lug?

Last edited:
Total Shill Post...

They are trying to see if we'll keep a "positive" post on the site.

We have seen this before from them, they call guys up to come in and post in response.

Total Shill Post...

They are trying to see if we'll keep a "positive" post on the site.

We have seen this before from them, they call guys up to come in and post in response.

It's funny that this is their idea of damage control instead of owning up to their fuck ups and fixing them. There's obviously money in being an honest gunsmith but they'd rather lie and steal.

New to the forum and after seeing all the awesome stuff on here I had to post my new build.

.308 Chimera Action on a T7 Stock with a Surefire Can and an IOR 3-18x42 mm scope (painted that myself and need to fix the ring issue) ... have a certificate from TR that it shot a .165 c-c group before they shipped it (3 rd group + sighter) ... personally shooting sub moa out to 300 yards so far but need to keep working to get to what the rifle is capable of.

Can't say how happy I am to have this in my hands and can't wait to really stretch its legs soon (want to take out to about 800 once I gather the appropriate dope).

Rem700300WSM

Wow, that sounds great. But without proof, we have some questions.

How long did the build take and how much did it cost you?

Please post photos of the test target, the certificate and close up photos. We want to see the quality of the build.

Oh, and who did you deal with at Tactical Rifles? Just in case any of the members here want to call in to order a rifle.

Wow ... didn't realize this would set off such a shit storm.

Just an FYI this is not Rooney ... truely new to the forum and will do my best to comply with what people are asking for here. I will hopefully have time tonight to go and get photos of the above referenced items and get stuff loaded onto the thread. Will get pic of certificate and post as well.

Sorry for causing such a flury of things here...

Try to answer a couple of questions now:

Delt with Rooney, build took about 11 months, cost was roughly $4,000 (I can put an exact number together if needed ... the invoice had accessories that i purchased as well so will need to remove them to get to exact total).

Last time a guy came on here and claimed no association to TR, they found a bunch of picture of him wearing a TR Polo and manning the TR booth at SHOT.

So, take this with a grain of salt, I am sure it's gonna be an "exception to the rule" ...

You chose an inauspicious subject for a first post. Congratulations on getting it in the right forum however, I still can't do that. Curiouser and curiouser................The last TR thread was fun to watch, this one has potential too.

For a minute I thought that was a Counter Sniper on top of that "fine" rifle...

Wow ... didn't realize this would set off such a shit storm.

Just an FYI this is not Rooney ... truely new to the forum and will do my best to comply with what people are asking for here. I will hopefully have time tonight to go and get photos of the above referenced items and get stuff loaded onto the thread. Will get pic of certificate and post as well.

Sorry for causing such a flury of things here...

Try to answer a couple of questions now:

Delt with Rooney, build took about 11 months, cost was roughly $4,000 (I can put an exact number together if needed ... the invoice had accessories that i purchased as well so will need to remove them to get to exact total).

Nah… no shit storm at all. No worries.

Thank you for showing us this rifle and more photos later. We look forward to them.

Wow, $4,000 for the whole thing!! That is amazing! According to information from Tactical Rifles, Silencer Shop and SWFA Optics, that rifle would have cost $7,036. What a deal for you! We really want to see the invoice and pricing.

Did Tactical Rifles handle the SOT Class 3 paperwork for the suppressor? You must live nearby to them in Florida because the last suppressor I purchased from out of state took more than 11 months! How did they get around the delays in processing the Federal Tax Stamps? I had to deal with a Form 1 transfer from the out of state dealer to my local dealer and then had to start the paperwork all over again. I had 12 months total time from purchase to approval of the tax stamp.

Looking forward to see more photos and information. Thank you!

I would have went with the Counter Sniper scope. Maybe two wrongs would make it right. Sorry mods for my initial post, that might have been a little too strong.

A shill? Maybe even the same shill all over the internet? Hmmmm...

Builtforme_zpsb335a7cc.jpg

Builtforme2_zpscd22c4ef.jpg

Could be a coincidence. Lots of people use similar phrasing. The webosphere seems to think David, a guy from Great Britain, is just Great:

greatguy_zps5f9968e7.jpg

greatguy2_zpsa6f157e5.jpg

greatguy3_zps224c5d37.jpg

And from the testimonials on Tactical Precision Rifles Law Enforcement Military, Tactical Precision Rifles Law Enforcement Military

"Hey man! Got the rifle today and can't stop lovin it. You guys did a great job again its beautiful!"

"Looks great!"

"Thanks for building a great rifle"

"Great shooting rifle"

"Thanks again for selling me a great rifle"

and on, and on, an on. 9 out of 10 pages of reviews has at least 1 review, sometimes several, that read like this.

But I am not a linguist so I can't really say. And just in case someone thinks I'm poking fun of the British, my family is from England and I went grad to school there. So even if I were poking fun, which I'm not, I would have license to do so.

Rem700300WSM

That is all well and good that your rifle is the nuts. Just know that if this is a legit post, and you are not a planted seed on this site, your rifle is the first one I have heard of from this company that performs well, as well as the cheapest.

A shill? Maybe even the same shill all over the internet? Hmmmm...

Builtforme_zpsb335a7cc.jpg

Builtforme2_zpscd22c4ef.jpg

Could be a coincidence. Lots of people use similar phrasing. The webosphere seems to think David, a guy from Great Britain, is just Great:

greatguy_zps5f9968e7.jpg

greatguy2_zpsa6f157e5.jpg

greatguy3_zps224c5d37.jpg

And from the testimonials on Tactical Precision Rifles Law Enforcement Military, Tactical Precision Rifles Law Enforcement Military

"Hey man! Got the rifle today and can't stop lovin it. You guys did a great job again its beautiful!"

"Looks great!"

"Thanks for building a great rifle"

"Great shooting rifle"

"Thanks again for selling me a great rifle"

and on, and on, an on. 9 out of 10 pages of reviews has at least 1 review, sometimes several, that read like this.

But I am not a linguist so I can't really say. And just in case someone thinks I'm poking fun of the British, my family is from England and I went grad to school there. So even if I were poking fun, which I'm not, I would have license to do so.

Your post reminds me of the Scientific Content Analysis Training I went through this year for investigations. Very good observations Mosesthetank, your onto something!

This is either the luckiest rifle buyer on the face of the planet, or an absolutely pathetic excuse to boost a completely (yet deserved) shit reputation.......

Keep in mind that when I first posted about a rifle from this company back in early 2010, the review started out objective, but positive. The post had to be taken down at the time because of the legal harassment. It wasn't until I started disassembling the gun that I noticed all the bad things. Stripped screws, stressed bedding, krylon, jaded edges, base bedded with loctite which didn't fit anyway and crap accuracy changed my tune quickly. Amazes me how much of a fraud this craftsmanship is. I mean, this guy prides himself on some overtly terrible work, like nobody would notice. What a bad guy.

Keep in mind that when I first posted about a rifle from this company back in early 2010, the review started out objective, but positive. The post had to be taken down at the time because of the legal harassment. It wasn't until I started disassembling the gun that I noticed all the bad things. Stripped screws, stressed bedding, krylon, jaded edges, base bedded with loctite which didn't fit anyway and crap accuracy changed my tune quickly. Amazes me how much of a fraud this craftsmanship is. I mean, this guy prides himself on some overtly terrible work, like nobody would notice. What a bad guy.

base bedded with loctite? as in it was used as the bedding material? lol wow...

You went with 308? Rooney himself said 6.5x47 is the next big thing for the m40 on the sniper show.

I was out on the dot com looking for French truffles (because the Italian ones SUCK!) and I just so happened across some site I had never heard of before, "Snipers Paradise". Imagine that. Anyways, I get to looking around and find some guy who just so happened to have a build EXACTLY like the one the OP mentioned. All the way down to the IOR scope. Even talked about getting a Surefire suppressor. WEIRD, WEIRD, WEIRD! There were numerous details that didn't add up, but I'll save most of those for another time. But one of the many things that struck me was the OP has a new build that took 11 months to build. Let's just say it isn't really new, but a few months old new. He's fired the rifle, but hasn't really had the chance to "stretch it's legs". So back dating say... July 2013 by 11 months would bring us to August 2012. But this guy ordered his rifle from TR on September 15, 2010. That's not even close.. I've had too much wine before dinner... And the language thing, read the posts on Snipers Paradise, and those of the OP. Definitely not the same person. No doubt about that. It couldn't be that someone else posted a pic of this guys rifle??? No real point here, just looking for truffles...

cuacctmaster_zps9c89eaa2.jpg

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Wow, I agree with the meter above that is bouncing off of the rev limiter. This guy (owner of TR) deserves a lot of something... It has to do with boots and a hind end.

I was out on the dot com looking for French truffles (because the Italian ones SUCK!) and I just so happened across some site I had never heard of before, "Snipers Paradise". Imagine that. Anyways, I get to looking around and find some guy who just so happened to have a build EXACTLY like the one the OP mentioned. All the way down to the IOR scope. Even talked about getting a Surefire suppressor. WEIRD, WEIRD, WEIRD! There were numerous details that didn't add up, but I'll save most of those for another time. But one of the many things that struck me was the OP has a new build that took 11 months to build. Let's just say it isn't really new, but a few months old new. He's fired the rifle, but hasn't really had the chance to "stretch it's legs". So back dating say... July 2013 by 11 months would bring us to August 2012. But this guy ordered his rifle from TR on September 15, 2010. That's not even close.. I've had too much wine before dinner... And the language thing, read the posts on Snipers Paradise, and those of the OP. Definitely not the same person. No doubt about that. It couldn't be that someone else posted a pic of this guys rifle??? No real point here, just looking for truffles...

cuacctmaster_zps9c89eaa2.jpg

To bad the post on snipers Paradise doesn't have a pic.

Absolutely the same guy. Calls it a 308 in his description and a 300wsm in the profile on the left.

base bedded with loctite? as in it was used as the bedding material? lol wow...

Yes. As a quick fix, loctite can be dropped on the receiver to seal gaps between the base. It is not ideal, and certainly not something you would do on a custom rifle. When I took off the base, the loctite was still wet.

Might be as simple as an IP address check. Is the OP logged in from in or around Zephyrhills, FL? Just sayin.

Yes. As a quick fix, loctite can be dropped on the receiver to seal gaps between the base. It is not ideal, and certainly not something you would do on a custom rifle. When I took off the base, the loctite was still wet.

yea i was aware of this being done on rem700s since they are not held to as tight of specs on the top of the receiver but its done with jb weld or another type of bedding compound...never would even think to use loctite lol that is crap and should DEFINITELY not even be considered on a custom rifle

never would even think to use loctite lol that is crap and should DEFINITELY not even be considered on a custom rifle

I thought Loctite was on all custom boom sticks.... Especially to bed the barrel to the action.... Silly people.

What a shame this whole Tacticle Rifles saga is.

What's worse is it just won't end.

Guessin a Chimera rifle Group Buy is not in the cards, then???

How apropos is the name Chimera for anything TR related?
From Wikipedia: "Sighting the Chimera was an omen of storms, shipwrecks, and natural disasters (particularly volcanoes)."

As if there is always bad shit associated with Chimera....i.e. Tactical Rifles.

If this isn't a plant, I'm a monkey's uncle.