• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Tactical Ammunition .308 175gr Review

5hans5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
CT
I bought a 1,050 of Tactical Ammunition's 175gr .308 ammo for a recent course and thought I'd share the results. It was my first time out at UKD upto 1000yds, so I wanted a large amount to book and get from the same lot. I communicated with TA and they thought it was a good fit, so I bought in. BTW- The site said that they chrono'd at 2500fps.

Range Results: The ammo looked clean and well made (new winchester brass, cci primers, nosler custom bullets). At the range I was able to hit everything from 100yds to 800yds consistantly. Obviously, at 500yds the wind started to effect the round, so I was dialing in windage as needed. Once I crossed the 800yd threshold I completely lost the ability to hit steel, it appeared that the round slowed down so much that it became unstable. My instructor/spotter couldn't follow it to 900yds at all.

Notes: Would I recommend it- Yes, upto about 750yds. It was about $0.82/rd(w/shipping) and was very consistant for my use. Another shooter used the same ammo from the same lot and had consistant results. So if you shoot 0-750yds this would generally do well, up to 500yds it's great. Would I pick it up again, well I want to hit 1000+yd steel so I need the 2650fps loads. I'll happily use this stuff up, but I'll buy or reload hotter. I may try out some of their other loads though. Hope this helps anyone wondering.