• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Ammunition opinions?

BIPMaster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Arkansas
I ran across this company, and reviews are limited. They have good prices on their 75gr. HPBT ammo, and I was thinking of picking some up as an alternative to the Black Hills ammo.
Here are the specs:
50 pcs .223 75gr HPBT MATCH
50 rounds of New LC head stamps
Factory New to 2600 fps
Newly manufactured
100% MADE IN USA
FFL Licensed manufacturer
Hormady 75gr HPBT bullets.
Reloadable brass

At $25/50 it is a pretty good price. Any opions on this or any other of their ammo?

Re: Tactical Ammunition opinions?

I have personally delt with them as far as pistol ammo is concerned. Great folks to deal with. I however have not gotten any rifle ammo from them. My 9mm ball ammo has functioned flawlessly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leprechaun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the company's name? </div></div>

Tactical Ammunition.

I'm interested as well. Prices are attractive.

I have purchased some .308 from them before. Good to work with. I haven't shot their .223 so I can't chime in for that.

The only thing holding me back is the extremely limited reviews. I will probably pick up a few boxes to try out and report back on the results. I have some other stuff to compare it to, so hopefully the review will be semi informative.

Reviews or not, it's certainly worth a try. At .50 a round that ain't bad. Starting out with new brass, their price isn't much more than it would cost me to load them myself.

Two things would keep me from that deal. All of the rifle's that I've had have shot the Sierra bullets better than the Hornady bullets. I am setup for loading and for a little less than that price I can roll my own with the bullets of my choice. The second thing is that most smaller outfits use ball powder in their loads and stick powder is just plain better from an accuracy stand point. Now, if you were to say that they told you that they use Varget or Reloader 15, that would be a definite plus.

Of course, I'm not including my time in this, so if I put a value on that, this ammo sounds like a very good deal, if it shoots well in your rifle.

To put it in perspective, Hornady's own steel cased match ammo costs about the same or more and with the deal you found, you get to keep the brass.

So, what company is it? I might have to try 500 rounds and see how it does. If it doesn't work out in the AR, my bolt gun shoots anything.

Google search Tactical Ammunition.
Just sent an email inquiring as to the type of powder used. Will post the reply here for all interested.

That's funny. I thought the question posed in the thread referred to tactical ammunition. I had no idea the name of the site was "Tactical Ammunition."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TonyAngel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's funny. I thought the question posed in the thread referred to tactical ammunition. I had no idea the name of the site was "Tactical Ammunition." </div></div>

I just ran across the site a couple days ago. According to the site they have been in business for 22 years.

I have used their ammo for a couple years. It's good stuff. You can hand load a little better, but all in all they make a fine product. Very affordable.