• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical bolt gun out of a Browning A-Bolt?

TDH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
metro Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I want a tactical bolt gun that is capable of a little distance. I have a 308 F class gun that I shoot regularly (semi-auto). Currently the only bolt gun I have is a 50BMG.

I just took a Browning A-Bolt stainless barreled 300WSM on trade for a GSG-5 I had. It's in really good condition.

Do any of the major stock manufacturers make a tactical stock for the A-Bolt?

Is it worth spending time and money on to shoot 600+ or should I just use it to hunt and build a dedicated bolt gun later.

Re: Tactical bolt gun out of a Browning A-Bolt?

I asked the same question on here a few months ago and got some mixed answers. In the end I sold the A-Bolt in .30-06 that I had and bought a Rem 700 XCR Compact Tactical in .308. Most of what I could gather from other Hide members and from talking to local smiths was that most were not familiar working on and the lack of after market parts made it extremely hard to build a Tactical, or Longer Range set-up from a Browning action. Good luck with your idea but, I would suggest that you keep it for hunting and build something else for the purpose of tactical shooting and distance shooting.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...729#Post1041729