• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Boots?

GTGunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2011
Central Florida
Looking at buying some new light weight tactical boots for daily use but not combat. Considering Lowa Zephyr GTX TF ankle high boots. Does anyone have any experience with these and can anyone tell me if they are true to size?

Thanks fellas!

Re: Tactical Boots?

I have them, but they aren't the "tf" version, just the regular gtx mid. I love them, they fit like a glove, true to size. The "monowrap" design gives them a very stable feeling, seems to hug your feet. They are very light weight and comfortable, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I see that you live in Florida. If you don't plan on spending any time walking through wet grass, water, etc., you might want to look into the non gtx model.

Lowa is a great choice for a boot. I have worn them for 20+ years. Bought my first pain in Switzerland before they were available in USA.

I am convinced I will end up with a pair of these. With the amount of rain we get here in Florida I am opting for the GTX. Can either of you tell me if they are true to size (I.e., size 9 is really a size 9) or do they run small? Thanks for the inputs guys.....with your help I will place an order this week.

I wear a size 8 and my Lowas in size 8 fit perfect with med weight socks.

I have a pair of Zephyrs. They are great for daily wear and mid length/weight hikes. This pair i am wearing now is on its second trip to the sandbox, that will tell you how much I like them.
All the brits over here wear the Desert Elites and they say they like them, but I have no experience with them.

I will be getting a pair of the Camino Flex for my next pair, keeping the Zephyrs as a daily/range boot and the Caminos as my mountain boot.

Lowa has great customer service and offers a 40 or 60% discount to military/leo. All you have to do is email them and they will fwd you the ordering form, or hit me up and can pass it along.

+1 to Lowa the only boot that changes when either they stink up to the level of biohazard or bottom wears out so there's no rubber left
smile.gif

OTB Lite desert boots are awesome. I have worn some for a year now and they are holding up a lot better then all the other boots I have bought.