• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Tactical Carbine Courses North East (within 3-5hrs NY)?

zinny

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Based out of NY, anyone have recommendations for schools teaching carbine courses in the North East? Prefer to be within 3hrs, but willing to drive further. Was looking at Sig academy in NH, but was wondering if there are other recommendations.

check out kyle defoor. his classes are usually sold out within a day of posting them, but next year's schedule should be coming out in a few months and he gives plenty of warning on social media. he's out of VA I think and travels up and down the east coast.

Depending where you are in New York, I'd recommend Lodestone Training and Consulting out of Lancaster, PA. I've trained a lot with Jared (owner) over the years. That said, IWI Academy is also based out of the Harrisburg, PA area and while their courses are Tavor-centric, they can be taken with any carbine and are excellent, and Tom Alibrando is a great instructor as well!

Ive taken Sigs intermediate carbine class, scheduled for advanced in the fall. They teach a good class. Good facilities.

How was the cost of ammo, really like their course from the description page. But the green ammo cost seems to be 1.5x the cost if the course itself....

How was the cost of ammo, really like their course from the description page. But the green ammo cost seems to be 1.5x the cost if the course itself....

If you can bring your own. M193, 55 grain ball, it is all you will need performance wise.

My class gave an estimated round count of 900 .223 and 100 pistol caliber.

I shot just under 600 rds of rifle and +/- 50 rounds of pistol. I shot as much as I needed to. Could of shot more but only shot what was training purposeful.

I had bought Black Friday cheepy Fed 193.

If you use Sig Ammo it can get expensive.

Thing about Sig is you can go there naked and they will clothe, arm and provide ammo for you.

You pay for the shit that is expendable - clothes and ammo - everything else is part of the course.

Certainly the greater value is using your own gear.