• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Gear Flying of the Shelves - Everyone Ready?

Samuel Whittemore

in memory
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2018

On Your Mark. Get Ready. Set. -------------- "GO!" Or is that "pew pew pew?" --I forget.

Eyes peeled, surveil your surroundings, before hand if possible. Keep family close, no wandering kids. Watch for backpacks. And groups of people and especially crowds. Stay off highways during rush hour or take surface streets. No malls. Double check that bug out bag.

Feel free to add to that list...

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Link is dead.

You’re list is my everyday.

Add:
    Train with your EDC, CARRY your damn “EDC”, carry a SBR or PCC thing in the vehicle, carry a good first aid kit in your vehicle, have a PACE plan for contacting family and getting home, have family and friends with guns with you. OPSEC etc.

"“We’ve seen a big uptick coming out of New York, New Jersey, Illinois -- not just those states but Chicago, Manhattan, Queens and San Francisco,” he said. “We never did business with folks from San Francisco.”
    His biggest seller is a $220 body-armor plate meant to withstand bullets fired from an AK-47."

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/busi...ntically-buying-military-gear-before-election
    Copyright © BloombergQuint

<<<Note to self: Big calibers and head shots whenever possible.

Add to disappearing tactical gear --That I know of there has not been any guns available to buy at most any gun store in Los Angeles area for at least 2 months. Guns are bought online and people waiting sometimes double the DROS period due to the back log. I just bought a Beretta 92 and my wait was a week past the CA 10 day waiting period. Bare shelves where ever. Small stores wiped completely clean of ammo. Big stores like LAX ammo I heard running 3 shifts to try and keep up.

Add to disappearing tactical gear --That I know of there has not been any guns available to buy at most any gun store in Los Angeles area for at least 2 months. Guns are bought online and people waiting sometimes double the DROS period due to the back log. I just bought a Beretta 92 and my wait was a week past the CA 10 day waiting period. Bare shelves where ever. Small stores wiped completely clean of ammo. Big stores like LAX ammo I heard running 3 shifts to try and keep up.
    CA is fucking retarded - will concede that numbers are less than "normal," still plenty of guns on shelves here in Iowa. Everything from Barrett to Glock, and everything in between.

Night Vision....bad guys don't usually come during the light of day

I can’t even imagine the backlog on that. It was three months for decent quality kit as soon as the beer virus started. I’m betting it’s only gotten longer.

LOL

It's like saying you're safe at home because you bought a pistol you've never shot before nor do you ever practice with it. But its in my house!!1!11

I'm sure all the cheap Rothco garbage is gone as thats a noob trap anyways. Most Crye stuff is basically NEVER in stock. Looking at the few places I get things from online, it only seems some of the carriers in certain colors/sizes are out of stock, but nothing crazy.

This happened right after obama was elected as well as after Sandy Hook as well.

I'd love to see all the sad looks on faces when people put on their 'armor' for the first time and realize its heavy, it sucks to move around in and that their fat ass can't run 2 blocks in it. They'll never actually set it up in a useful way and 99.999% of them will never actually take it out of the house to train in as, well...they dont actually shoot either.

It'll be awesome to watch these dildos put on the carriers and then try some ANTIFA terrorist shit only to try and shoulder the rifle and have it point to almost 3 o clock because its sitting ontop of the plate.

Hell yea! yo
    1603476043739.png

R

• Haha
    Reactions: powdahound76
    This article must be written by the same bozos who keep pushing the "ammo shortage looms as hunting season draws near" articles into my news feed. Way to be on top of things.

I'm sure all the cheap Rothco garbage is gone as thats a noob trap anyways. Most Crye stuff is basically NEVER in stock. Looking at the few places I get things from online, it only seems some of the carriers in certain colors/sizes are out of stock, but nothing crazy.

Plate carriers aren't tough to find (picked up a new LBT QRC last week based upon one of your recommendations), but good luck finding decent plates to fill it. 8-12 weeks seems to be the standard lead time for a lot of Hesco plates, although I'm sure that one could always find AR500 stuff in stock in case they needed to serve double-duty as a boat anchor.

LOL

It's like saying you're safe at home because you bought a pistol you've never shot before nor do you ever practice with it. But its in my house!!1!11

This happened right after obama was elected as well as after Sandy Hook as well.

I'd love to see all the sad looks on faces when people put on their 'armor' for the first time and realize its heavy, it sucks to move around in and that their fat ass can't run 2 blocks in it. They'll never actually set it up in a useful way and 99.999% of them will never actually take it out of the house to train in as, well...they dont actually shoot either.

It'll be awesome to watch these dildos put on the carriers and then try some ANTIFA terrorist shit only to try and shoulder the rifle and have it point to almost 3 o clock because its sitting ontop of the plate.
    I'm eating lots of carrots and beta carotene supplements. :).

This article must be written by the same bozos who keep pushing the "ammo shortage looms as hunting season draws near" articles into my news feed. Way to be on top of things.

Plate carriers aren't tough to find (picked up a new LBT QRC last week based upon one of your recommendations), but good luck finding decent plates to fill it. 8-12 weeks seems to be the standard lead time for a lot of Hesco plates, although I'm sure that one could always find AR500 stuff in stock in case they needed to serve double-duty as a boat anchor.
    No Hesco here :(. Now I could always use my steel plate IPSC-C in front :). Or I could have something other than Hesco but that sank when I had the boating accident at the Pickwick dam.

I can’t even imagine the backlog on that. It was three months for decent quality kit as soon as the beer virus started. I’m betting it’s only gotten longer.
    Certain NV is definitely long lead but got to start somewhere. It really depends on what you want to buy. I think if you have the coin, you can get what you want somewhere. Comes down to how picky you are relative to the tube specifications.

popcorn check .
    comfortable yard chair check
    fully stocked beer cooler check
    got the pro trump in 2020 yard art
    I am ready for the apocalypse let the snow flakes bring it on lol

The fire sale on guns and equipment in early/mid 2021 will be fantastic.
    That's why I'm holding off on a few optics purchases...LOL. (having just bought one....and a mount.) But, for the price...I couldn't not buy it since I've had good luck with the Bushy's. Wait..this thread is about military gear...ooopsie.

On Your Mark. Get Ready. Set. -------------- "GO!" Or is that "pew pew pew?" --I forget.

Eyes peeled, surveil your surroundings, before hand if possible. Keep family close, no wandering kids. Watch for backpacks. And groups of people and especially crowds. Stay off highways during rush hour or take surface streets. No malls. Double check that bug out bag.

Feel free to add to that list...
    I'm adding to the list of tactical gear based on your comment. I'll need one of those big bore drills so I don't have to take a "surface street." LOL. Sorry, I call those side roads :).

My goal is to sit in my house waiting. If the end of the world happens here, I'll be a bit disappointed as the Sheriff has almost 40 new patrol officers and has said there will be no riots here (we'll leave that for Nashville, Birmingham, and Cracklanta). I'd prefer not to have holes in my cars and home (and body).

Well, this thread certainly delivers...

-Guns & ammo (czech)
    -Body armor & Battle Rattle (czech)
    -Nods (uh.. Poor)(no czech)
    -Carrots, veggies, (Wheaties?)(czech)(czech)(un-czech)
    -Physical Fitness/training (see below)
    -Situational Awareness (see below)
    -Beer (

So, whT was we takkin about?

Hoo-Ah, or some such crap. Reminds me of the old joke about an old bull who says, "Lets WALK down there and..."

Reactions: MCSO1357
    Well, this thread certainly delivers...

-Guns & ammo (czech)
    -Body armor & Battle Rattle (czech)
    -Nods (uh.. Poor)(no czech)
    -Carrots, veggies, (Wheaties?)(czech)(czech)(un-czech)
    -Physical Fitness/training (see below)
    -Situational Awareness (see below)
    -Beer (

So, whT was we takkin about?

Hoo-Ah, or some such crap. Reminds me of the old joke about an old bull who says, "Lets WALK down there and..."
    DON'T EAT THE WHEATIES!!!!! Look what it did to Bruce.

Certain NV is definitely long lead but got to start somewhere. It really depends on what you want to buy. I think if you have the coin, you can get what you want somewhere. Comes down to how picky you are relative to the tube specifications.
    My mid-life crisis was me becoming a buy once cry once kind of guy. So far I haven’t regretted that at all..aside from having to wait for the fun account to get on par with the cost of the next item.

Reactions: CraigG1
    I know I sold all my gear, I really don't need it and it just makes you stand out, was never a better time to part was with unused TA-50.

Unfortunately I can't spend the money on more ammo though :(, but if I wait long enough I'll probably be able to buy a bunch real cheap.

My mid-life crisis was me becoming a buy once cry once kind of guy. So far I haven’t regretted that at all..aside from having to wait for the fun account to get on par with the cost of the next item.
    I've always been a buy once cry once type. Like you, I have never regretted that at all. However, this NV game is in a different league of spend.

This RAPTAR I just bought was a bit of cash...It is, in most respects, more important than the NV because these units are full functionality. I can always buy NV but not these fully capable RAPTARs once the group buy is over. Having a kick ass IR illuminator/IR aiming laser/LRF gives you a lot of flexibility when selecting an NV system.

Now that I have the RAPTAR, I am deciding what NV to buy first. There are lots of scenarios. I know I will eventually have to buy a variety of NV equipment but which to buy first?
    1. I can buy a PVS-14 as my first NV item. In that role, the RAPTAR is an LRF only device for my AI bolt guns. Night role will be using the RAPTAR's IR laser and illuminator with either my AR10s or AR15s and a PVS 14. Another plus is I can connect the RAPTAR directly to a PVS 14 and have a
    2. I could also go the PVS27 or 30 route. This solution is solely for my AI bolt guns. I would have to delay placing the RAPTAR on my AR rifles. I think this is an issue. No NV solution for the ARs is a bad route.
    For me, I think that giving me an NV solution for the ARs is best. I can get a clip on later.

No. One is never ready, despite how much bullshit you have. It’s like having a baby. You just got to figure shit out when the time comes. With that said, I’m kind of digging my Yeungling Hershey Porter. Damn, I’ll be out tomorrow. Hell no, I’m not ready. I’m one of them poors that has like way too many unfinished Gun projects and that kind of crap.

I've gone through several PVS-14s, a pitbull, a PVS-30, a two sets of binos: sentinels, and PVS-15; also a full power PEQ-2B, and PEQ-15; two MAWLs, a RAPTAR, and every other IR device under $1,000.

Now I have a FLIR 320 Scout, a LOT of surefire rifle and pistol lights; and a magnetic golight with remote, that can be powdered anywhere by a goal zero yeti.

I finally decided I could do just as much and possibly a lot more for a lot less money than NVG.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    This is true. I feel like there are two camps here, you got the gucci camp with all the cool shit that may or may not know how to use it and then you got the I know how to use it and am not stepping outside at night when the shit goes down without it group. Everyone else is in between. I have access to cool shit, if need be, but for my purposes I’m good with the basics.

Oh and if you’ve really gone through that much shit on your own dime, you have too much money and should buy me some more Yeungling Hershey Porters! I may even teach you how to fool one of those fancy devices with ease. Lol.

This is true. I feel like there are two camps here, you got the gucci camp with all the cool shit that may or may not know how to use it and then you got the I know how to use it and am not stepping outside at night when the shit goes down without it group. Everyone else is in between. I have access to cool shit, if need be, but for my purposes I’m good with the basics.

Oh and if you’ve really gone through that much shit on your own dime, you have too much money and should buy me some more Yeungling Hershey Porters! I may even teach you how to fool one of those fancy devices with ease. Lol.
    Basics are the best. Just gotta be able to do the basic stuff really well.

Thermal and PVS 30 for bolt riffles. PEQ type for the carbine, and pvs14 for the helmet over the non-dominant eye.

Good shit.
    The RAPTAR does what the PEQ does and also provides the weapon mounted LRF functionality when using it with your bolt rifle. It is a versatile little unit. I’ll be trying it out today on my MK11 clone.