• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical / Hunting Mountain Bike

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012

Attachments

• Paratrooper-DC-Open-Final2-800x486.jpg
    Paratrooper-DC-Open-Final2-800x486.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Paratrooper-DC-Folded-Final-sm.jpg
    Paratrooper-DC-Folded-Final-sm.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: PBWalsh
Better picture without the accessories

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220112-115340_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220112-115340_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 50
Around here, we hunt (in the fall) in the same area we mountain bike. My buddies and I have definitely talked about setting up "bike guns", short barrelled folding stock rifles we could strap to our camelbaks with minimal annoyance, so we can shoot whatever we run into when on a ride. I almost just put a carbine with a folder on my back for a ride after running into the same bear on the same trail (and having bear tags) 2 afternoons in a row. Plan was to shoot the bear and then call the wife to bring the pickup, haha.

I was really hoping this was a fold up electric version. Do I need electric? No. I’m I wanting to be lazy? Yes.

Tell you what... for that price I'll just ride the free mountain bike I already have.

I dunno man, my general rule is don't travel further than you are willing to haul game out...

Sure you can penetrate 5-10 miles further into the woods, but are you going to be able to haul your game back out on a bike?

I suppose it would be fine if you are hunting dogs or groundhogs
Lucky for me I rarely end up with any game… unless I take my Nokia 5160 out there and play snake.

Reactions: Sogan
I dunno man, my general rule is don't travel further than you are willing to haul game out...

Sure you can penetrate 5-10 miles further into the woods, but are you going to be able to haul your game back out on a bike?

I suppose it would be fine if you are hunting dogs or groundhogs

You've never cut anything up and packed it? It's the only way to do elk most times. Cut all the quarters, backstraps, neck, loins and put them in a pack and hike or bike it back to the truck. Elk will take a few trips. Deer can be done in 1.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
A fat-tire bike + suitable trailer is capable of moving a lot of cargo. I've seen a few of these around:

It's also possible to set up front and rear racks if the frame is equipped with the appropriate mounting points.

For those utilizing wider paths/roads, a so-called "cargo bike" might be an option:

E-bikes aren't really my thing, but I can see the potential utility for this application. A buddy of mine outweighs me by 150-200 lbs; he can keep up on the trails without a problem using his hub-motor fat-tire e-bike, and it has enough battery capacity to do it for 30-40 miles. That sure beats walking.

I can see where it would have a great application to penetrate more deeply, day hunting hunting public where you can't take a UTV.

Can't use bicycles in federal wilderness areas

Anywhere I want to go while hunting on public land is off limits to all wheeled conveyances...

Reactions: Fig