• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Innovations 10/22 ?

Kasumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
New York, USA
I'm looking into Volquartsen and Tactical Solutions 10/22 receivers and they look real nice. Anyone use Tactical Innovations? Any good feedback on these receivers?
Thanks

Re: Tactical Innovations 10/22 ?

If you are going to spend a lot of money on a 10/22 receiver make sure it's steel and make sure it is threaded to take a threaded barrel. Anything less and you mise well just buy a ruger receiver.

I bought a couple of their ar receivers and they are really nice.
They seem to do a good job and I am sure there 10/22 parts are the same quality.

i really like my Volquartsen parts top notch quality and attention to detail i am sure the receivers
are the same quality

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are going to spend a lot of money on a 10/22 receiver make sure it's steel and make sure it is threaded to take a threaded barrel. Anything less and you mise well just buy a ruger receiver.</div></div>
While I prefer my 17/4 SS MOA Receiver to the aftermarket aluminum receivers, the aftermarket billet machined aluminum receivers do have distinct advantages over the factory Ruger investment cast aluminum receivera such as higher strength, tighter tolerances, and better quality. And they aren't painted like the current production Ruger crap.

Still, I prefer the MOA 10/22 Receiver with it's dual lugs. It is only one of two 10/22 receivers that can actually free-float a barrel without pinning the receiver, which is a dogshit way of anchoring the rear of the receiver to allow free-floating of the barrel.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Threaded MOA 17-4 SS Receiver & Kidd SS Match Barrel, Volquartsen CNC Bolt & CS Spring, PC SS Guide Rod, Kidd Trigger, Kidd Receiver Pin Kit, and EGW 20 MOA Picatinny Rail</span>
MOA1022BarreledAction8x6.jpg

Keith

I have a TS reciever and like it a lot. The way they set up the recoil springs makes it cycle very smooth. A tad expensive, but worth it.

+ a big one for the MOA receiver. Contact moaguns.com or brownells to purchase.

Snipershide provides so much valuable information; If it wasn't for this site I never would have heard of Kidd, TS, MOAGUNS. Thanks to all who replied.

Anyone got a Tactical Innovations want to chime in? They fit the budget I'm working with.

I'm sure the high end AL receivers are an upgrade from the ruger that was pretty harsh on my end.

However I still feel that if you are going to do it, go steel and go threaded. For $180 you can't beat what MOA turns out. Set up with a front and rear action screw, and threaded barrel interface it addresses two of the biggest problems with the rugers. First that press fit is not a good option, yes Anschutz does it well but unless a smith is going to machine them together and press them in, it won't be anywhere near as easy as threaded and it's not user maintainable/replaceable if it was press fit that well. Yes I've seen the press fit 10/22's that shoot great, but a lot don't, and overall it's inferior.

Second, while I'm sure the aftermarket Al receivers are stronger than the ruger, if you are going to hang a 4lb barrel off the receiver and truly free float it instead of doing a bedding barrel pad steel is the better option.

The rear action screw is great, even my volquartsen that shoots amazing, has to be rebedded every couple years in the back because using the area between the action bottom and trigger guard the bedding uses for friction wears on the bedding every time it's removed from the stock so it gets looser over time.

$300 on a mcmillan stock, $300 in a kidd trigger, $300 in a douglass or kidd threaded barrel, $180 in a MOA receiver, some bedding and a bolt setup and for under $1200 that would be a hell of a gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure the high end AL receivers are an upgrade from the ruger that was pretty harsh on my end.

However I still feel that if you are going to do it, go steel and go threaded. For $180 you can't beat what MOA turns out. Set up with a front and rear action screw, and threaded barrel interface it addresses two of the biggest problems with the rugers. First that press fit is not a good option, yes Anschutz does it well but unless a smith is going to machine them together and press them in, it won't be anywhere near as easy as threaded and it's not user maintainable/replaceable if it was press fit that well. Yes I've seen the press fit 10/22's that shoot great, but a lot don't, and overall it's inferior.

Second, while I'm sure the aftermarket Al receivers are stronger than the ruger, if you are going to hang a 4lb barrel off the receiver and truly free float it instead of doing a bedding barrel pad steel is the better option.

The rear action screw is great, even my volquartsen that shoots amazing, has to be rebedded every couple years in the back because using the area between the action bottom and trigger guard the bedding uses for friction wears on the bedding every time it's removed from the stock so it gets looser over time.

$300 on a mcmillan stock, $300 in a kidd trigger, $300 in a douglass or kidd threaded barrel, $180 in a MOA receiver, some bedding and a bolt setup and for under $1200 that would be a hell of a gun. </div></div>

For alittle more Tony can build it for you. $1100 I think with his receiver and you buy the stock from him, he will install the action (it also has a rear action screw).