• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors tactical knives

mikieg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2008
sapulpa oklahoma
i am putting together a new vest for militery type operations (not swat type). i am looking for a midsized fixed blade tac knife that has a kydex sheath that will work on a molle vest tan or green. anybody have any ideas? not looking for any name specific knife, just a good affordable piece.

Re: tactical knives

There is someone trying to get a group buy on Microtech Curahees in the group buy section.. those are great.

My favorites are

RAT RC-3
Zero Tolerance
Hide Fighter
Curahee

Take a look at the Strider line of knives. I have a Strider MFS that I think would work well for your application.

Yeah, the Microtech Currahee GB is only $185!
That is at least $50 less than retail, nice blade!

+1 on lmf

I just bought a Gerber LMF II ASEK about a week go. Its fucking awesome. Check it out. Theres so many options to carry it its insane.

lmf is too big to be considered a medium size knife imo. i carry a strider DB-L with g10 handle. you can get a kydex for it no problem. the lmf is a good knife however at a good price. it really comes down to what you actually need it for. obviously not slitting throats as if you were that super secret squirel you wouldnt be on here. my Strider is thicker and shorter than the lmf and i'd push that blade through anything. plus if it breaks i send it back no questions asked. i'm not a fan of mick strider, but i love his, and those with him, knives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PIGtooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lmf is too big to be considered a medium size knife imo. i carry a strider DB-L with g10 handle. you can get a kydex for it no problem. the lmf is a good knife however at a good price. it really comes down to what you actually need it for. obviously not slitting throats as if you were that super secret squirel you wouldnt be on here. my Strider is thicker and shorter than the lmf and i'd push that blade through anything. plus if it breaks i send it back no questions asked. i'm not a fan of mick strider, but i love his, and those with him, knives.</div></div>

Buy once cry once....

The Strider DB-L is the best knife on the market for pretty much any tactical operation (LE or Mil).

I have had my DB-L for two years and will never look back. I ended up buying a second as a back up in case something happens to this one. I have used it to cut almost everything and it is thick/stout enough to pry on most residential windows and doors with the windows and doors being damaged or breaking well before the Strider.

There are multiple custom makers who make absolutely superb knives in the tactical and semi-tactical design range.

Look for heavier duty steel, durable and rust resistant finishes and scales (replaceable scales a nice feature as well) with a good design. I wouldn't say striders are the be-all end-all of tactical knives like many say. That being said they are superb tools.

After grinding a few myself and owning some custom blades, I like to find the ones a little less common.

Landi Knives is one I use personally, a MPM. Its not a complete tactical design however I have the crinkle black finish with tan g-10 scales and for its size its incredible tough.The prices and the grinding are superb.

My suggestion, take a looka round, look for a reputable maker, and go from there.

Off the shelf the gerber LMF is a great blade, cold steel, SOG and a few others as well offer great production blades if thats the route you wanna go. Once you go custom though you usually don't go back.

IMG_0930edit.jpg
(sorry about the crap quality)

Crusader Forge - hands down best knives period.

I have a Glock field knife. It's built like a tank. Comes with a plastic sheath made from the same material that Glock uses to make their frames. Put that together with about a $30.00 price tag and you've got winner.

Now, it's not the sharpest in the world. But the edge it has lasts a very long time. Comes in Tan, Green, and Black colors. You can't go wrong there.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/glockknives.html

Not endorsing this site, just posting the link so you can see the different knives. I got mine from a local gun shop.