• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical matches in the Northeast??

exhogflyer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
Near Albany, NY, USA
Could anyone provide me with a link to find out if and where any tactical type matches are held in the northeast? I know we're kinda in no-man's land out here as most are held west/south.Even east coast would work don't mind a reasonable drive.Thanks all in advance...

Re: Tactical matches in the Northeast??

You just missed about the only one up here. It's the Reade Range match in PA. Look through this section and you'll see some posts on it.

I would like to know of anymore also as being in CT it's tough to go to any and not have to fly.

Its kind of small but we have a match in PA coming up on the last Sunday of August, everything within 300 yards for your rifle and also includes a pistol stage, it is a sniper/spotter comp must have a 2 man team....

2 Man Sniper Challenge

Date: 8/30/09 Time: 0900 hours
Round Count: Up to 25 Pistol/ 80 Rifle Cost: $50.00 per Team

Weapons
Each member will need a center-fire handgun with holster
Spotter will need a semi auto carbine ie: AR/AK/Mini 14 platform
Shooter will need an optics enhanced semi-auto or bolt rifle
Slings for rifles
No incendiary, AP or steel penetrator ammo

Gear
You will carry everything you need. Shooting will involve movement and props. When not in use, weapons will be holstered, slung or in a pack/drag bag. This is NOT a bench match. Law Enforcement are encouraged to use their duty/tactical set ups.

Info
Check the website for updates…..www.keystonefishandgameclub.com
Drop an email to preregister..This way we can stagger the starts so wait time will be reduced..
Shooters will remain at club house until called to shoot
Questions--Joe at [email protected]

Here are some pics, from the team match at Keystone Fish And Game....
SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-112.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-106.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-102.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-92.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-76.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-100.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-97.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-94.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-53.jpg

SniperShootKeystoneFishGame-Augu-11.jpg

Appypolyogies to the shooters that had to wait awhile we are alittle new to this and will get things sorted along the way thanks for working with us...
Hope everyone enjoyed the shoot...

Looks like fun and I recognize a familiar face.

Nick,
Thanks for posting the pics..think it was a good time for all..except maybe the guy with the hangover.. scores should be up tomorrow..Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a lot of fun, I may have to try a hand in it.Are they all 2 man team type shoots? </div></div>

the stages were setup in that each (both the 'sniper' and 'spotter') had a specific role or target objective in each scenario. the 'spotter' might have to take a torso shot while the 'sniper' would take a more precision head shot, etc.

This was a fun match..some very tough shooting positions. keep us posted on upcoming events at the club..
Thanks,
Mike E