• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft tactical mesh source???

brutus1776

Minuteman
Jun 12, 2007
backcountry, TN line
anyone have a source for the tactical mesh (or similar version) tactical concealment sells, other than tactical concealment? i need the easy draping crushable type mesh, not the heavier stiffer 3mm heavy mesh.

im usually not one to complain but i just placed an order for 2 bundles of bristle weed from tactical concealment and shipping was 21$. i dont recall their shipping being THAT pricey before....thats basically the cost of the bristle weed its self that i ordered, just in shipping charges and the package cant weigh more than 1 lb 8 oz

Re: tactical mesh source???

Go to rockywoods.com, look up "porthole mesh" comes in coyote, khaki, and od green.

thanks shay... i'll get a yard of that next order and see if its what i need. i did some googling around on that fabric and looks like it will work

jasonk, i have plenty of veils but none close to the tactical mesh fabric (not 'spyder mesh')

thanks guys

So you have a link to where you sell ghillies in your signature, you aren't a 'hide vendor, and you want to know where you can get the material a competitor uses??

Good form....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #3366FF">anyone have a source for the tactical mesh (or similar version) tactical concealment sells, other than tactical concealment</span>? i need the easy draping crushable type mesh, not the heavier stiffer 3mm heavy mesh.

</div></div>

for what its worth, this project is unrelated to ghillies, (very large stuff sacks for camping/trail gear) i need a piece much bigger than what they sell and i have been an ardent defender of tactical concealment (and customer) for a long time.
if i violated a board policy, feel free to delete this thread.

Sorry then, it looked kinda bad at face value, I get a little defensive of good vendors I know.....

I dont buy 'real' tacticool mesh or garnish. Too pricey. I use fabric 'dump' stores like Jomars just outside Philly. They sell fabrics at $1.00 a yard. I have a variety of camoflague, mesquito, veil, heavier cammo net type material for a buck a yard.

I got super warm fleeces for blankets at 2 bucks a yard.

My grunt blanket roll is a green light wiegth vinyl lined with fleece covered with a camo fabric, total cost under ten bucks.

Anyway look at discount fabric stores, you would be amazed what they have and at insanely low prices.

Brut,Rockywoods also sells the Mil spec type mesh that is used for tactical vest and hard use gear thats alot heavier than the port hole mesh if that what you need.

just scored on a FREE pile of NEW navy surplus , OD green , insect tents for free that were getting thrown to the trash . . LOLhahahaha

Also you can just Dye (plain White) nylon mesh that has the desired size hole and suppleness that you are looking for . You just have to heat-set the Dye color by drying the Mesh on high heat & it stays pretty good .