• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tactical operations drag bag

Firemarshall27

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2003
Stoutsville, Ohio,
I did a search but does anyone have any info/reads on there drag bags. Or any links to previous hide topics on these. Wanted to see how they stack up to the Eagle.

Thanks, FM

Re: tactical operations drag bag

I'm a loyal Eagle customer but I've seen the TacOps drag bags and I would have no problems buying one. Very well made and a very nice design.

There amazing and I wish I didnt get my eagle, and mine is top notch. My eagle has everything but a shooting matt in it.
The TacOps has simmiler pocket system in it, but the handle for caring is in a better spot as it ballences the bag, not like the eagle were the stupid thing alwase wants to take a mose dive. It has a bilt in shooting matt in it that hidea away when you arnt using it, and I'm not talking about opening the bag and laying down in it. it of coarse has backpack straps, and the new ones have a bilt in spot for a bladder in em.

Bottom line is this, get it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did a search but does anyone have any info/reads on there drag bags. Or any links to previous hide topics on these. Wanted to see how they stack up to the Eagle.

Thanks, FM </div></div>
They "stack-up" very well. Eagle may have finally fixed the carrying handle location, but the Tac Ops Drag Bag is still actually a superior bag because not only is the quality of construction on par with the Eagle bag, the Tac Ops bags incorporate some great features that the "conventional" Eagle Drag Bag doesn't have such as:

(1) A padded FasTex buckle secured suppressor pocket (closed-cell foam)

(2) Included, folding shooting mat (closed-cell foam)

(3) Shooting mat pocket on back of drag bag

(4) Padded muzzle protector (closed-cell foam)

(5) Interior cleaning rod pocket along "spine" with snap closure

(6) Built-in pocket for hydration bladder (Gen 4 bags only)

Years ago, Tactical Operations, aka "Tac Ops" used to sell a lot of Eagle Drag bags. At the time, Tac Ops asked Eagle to make some modifications to their bags, such as relocating the carry handles foward several inches so that the bags wouldn't be so nose-heavy, adding a rear pocket for a shooting mat, a padded suppressor pocket, ect. Eagle flat-out refused, saying that there mat was "perfect", and no additional enhancements or features were needed. Thats when Tac Ops decided to design their own bag and have it manufactured locally (in California), which they still do.

The Tac Ops bag can be purchased from the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Sniper Central store</span></span>, or direct from Tac Ops. Call Tac Ops at (310) 275-8797. He was out of town last week, and I don't know if hes back yet, but you can leave a message for him and he will return your call.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(5) Interior cleaning rod pocket along "spine" with snap closure

</div></div>

Totally necessary...Often times, I will reach my FFP and get the urge to clean my rifle.
smile.gif

Ive never owned the Tac Ops, but having seen them next to an Eagle, they seem pretty comparable. TO looks to have put some good thought into their bag (although, they've got some features that are less dragbaggy and more rangebaggy). But, I also like to support Hide members whenever I can.

Totally agree! I love mine and have used it fairly hard for a little over a year. Get the Tac OPs you won't be disappointed!

I have a 4th GEN and I'm very happy with it. I went directly to Mike and the service was great.

I did need to send a Money Order which was a bit of an inconvenience, but all in all, I'm very happy with the results.

Best,

J~

does Mike have an email ? I'm local to him though. I could pick up the bag if they have a store front.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does Mike have an email ? I'm local to him though. I could pick up the bag if they have a store front. </div></div>

Call him at 310-275-8797

Tac Ops drag bags not only LOOK great, they also appear to be extremely USER FRIENDLY. With Xmas and a birthday coming up I am dropping hints right and left....really like the multicam edition!

Is the digital cam the same as pictured by IFLYAAOR? This looks to be the only option from the web site. The earth color looks great but I dont think it is being offered at this time.

I sold my eagle to get a Tac Ops well worth the money. If for no other reason it will carry level with a weapon in it!! Plus it has a place to carry a can too.

I've got an Olive drab 2nd generation small Tac-Ops drag bag and love it. I'm not a sniper and never actually drag it so the nose cover is cut off so it opens easier at the range and the inside straps are also cut out because I used one of those velcro sided scope covers to secure the rifle in the bag. The only downside is that I switched to a longer rifle and now the bag is wasted on my 10/22
frown.gif
Of course that gives me an excuse to look out for a multicam gen-4 bag
smile.gif

Regards,
Nate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody got pics of the digital camo ? the pics above are Multicam. </div></div>

X2 I might have to try one if they have multicam.

I think I saw a multi cam version on that site a month or so back for $315.

Looks like they if they don't have it in inventory, they just remove the option.

Does anyone know if their long version will fit a TRG-42 with muzzle brake?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bb24fu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if their long version will fit a TRG-42 with muzzle brake? </div></div>
What is your rifle's OAL with the MB installed? SAKO's <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">TRG PDF</span></span> lists the TRG-42 as having an OAL of 47.25" w/o MB. I had an A3 G with an OAL of about 44.5" and I still had 6" behind the buttplate when the muzzle was pushed forward all the way into it's protective sleeve. This was with a LONG/Regular Gen 3 bag. Current Bags are Gen 4 and as far as I know the interior dimensions have not changed.

The I.D. of the (padded) muzzle protector sleeve is sufficient to accomodate a supressor, so the muzzle brake should fit in the sleeve easily. So your main concern should probably be to verify that the inside bag length is sufficient.

A3GLongBagRoom18x6.jpg

A3GLongBagRoom28x6.jpg

Keith

I've got the large generation 4 bag, fellas. Looks like 49 1/2" - maybe 50" is gonna be about max without stretching it out too badly.

If it's gonna be for range use and you don't mind removing the suppressor, there's an 11" pocket on the inside rear that should hold the suppressor perfectly - see the picture above.

If you've got your heart set on keeping it attached - 49 1/2 to 50" is gonna be max length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got the large generation 4 bag, fellas. Looks like 49 1/2" - maybe 50" is gonna be about max without stretching it out too badly.

<span style="font-weight: bold">If it's gonna be for range use and you don't mind removing the suppressor, there's an 11" pocket on the inside rear that should hold the suppressor perfectly - see the picture above.</span>

If you've got your heart set on keeping it attached - 49 1/2 to 50" is gonna be max length. </div></div>
If someone is going to remove the supressor, why wouldn't they store the supressor in the padded supressor pocket on the exterior? See photo below:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Exterior closed-cell foam supressor pocket on Tac Ops Drag Bag:</span>
SupressorPocket8x6-1.jpg

Keith

I don't know your OAL, but if it's less than 52" it will fit. I have a Gen 4 Large bag that I carry my Surgeon Remedy in. My OAL is right at 52" and there is NO room to spare.

i had a similar one that was running under the banner "tac force", good quality stitching, zippers, etc.

could have used more molle style attachment system or smaller pouches to help seperate smaller items and incorporate all you need to carry in one bag.

good quality though, not a "airsoft nerd type knockoff"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone is going to remove the supressor, why wouldn't they store the supressor in the padded supressor pocket on the exterior? See photo below:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Exterior closed-cell foam supressor pocket on Tac Ops Drag Bag:</span>
SupressorPocket8x6-1.jpg

Keith </div></div>

Yep, that works too.
wink.gif
The interior pocket just makes more sense to me. I'd prefer a padded interior pocket rather than the exterior location. But, since Minnesota doesn't let the Commoners play with suppressors, I've never really cared where it went.

The interesting thing with this bag is - you can put just about anything anywhere. It'll probably get 'too damn heavy' long before you run out of storage space

Thank you for the info. Looks like my TRG would fit nicely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bb24fu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if their long version will fit a TRG-42 with muzzle brake? </div></div>'

Not only will it fit the TRG 42 with brake, but mind still fits with 4 butt spacers installed. The long version is a monster!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forgive the ignorance.....

How do I get a hold of Tac Ops? </div></div>
Call Tac Ops at (310) 275-8797.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i had a similar one that was running under the banner "tac force", good quality stitching, zippers, etc.

could have used more molle style attachment system or smaller pouches to help seperate smaller items and incorporate all you need to carry in one bag.

good quality though, not a "airsoft nerd type knockoff"

</div></div>
No offense intended, but the Tactical Operations (aka Tac Ops) Drag Bag is world's ahead of the Tac Force Drag Bag in terms of construction, materials, features - and, of course - price. If you haven't compared a Tac Ops DB <span style="font-style: italic">in person</span> to the other bags out there such as Eagle it may be hard to understand and justify the price. And by the time you buy an Eagle and a shooting mat you could have just bought the Tac Ops bag to begin with.

Don't get me wrong - the Eagle Drag Bag is a great bag, but the Tac Ops bag is superior. See my post <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">further up this page </span></span> for some insight on what makes the Tactical Operations Drag Bags better than the Eagle Drag Bag.

Keith

well, i guess the tac force was a knockoff then, tomatoe/tomato so i guess the tac ops WOULD be even better.....still better than one of those airsoft nerd type knockoffs

why is everybody's drag bag SOOOO CLEAN anyway?

drag_bag.jpg

drag_bag_2.jpg

drag_bag_3.jpg

What is the oal of the smaller bag? I know it says 22" barrel, but can you squeeze a 24" in one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the oal of the smaller bag? I know it says 22" barrel, but can you squeeze a 24" in one? </div></div>
OAL (measured on the exterior) is inconsequential, as it doesn't reflect the interior dimensions. I carried a 24" barrel FN A3 G (44.5" OAL) in a Tac Ops Short Drag Bag for about 1.5 years - it was a very snug fit bordering on tight. I switched to a Long/Regular bag and now have about 6" of extra room behind the butt when the muzzle is pushed all the way forward into the muzzle protector. See photos <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">above</span></span>.

Keith

Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know.

How durable are these. I know it won't be as tough as a hard case but how protected is the rifle and scope if the bag is dropped.

Just received my multicam tac ops drag bag a week or so ago. Couldn't be happier with it. There is a group buy on OD right now. Sign up, send'em a money order, and wait a little while. You won't be disappointed.

I like my tac-ops bag too... had it for about 3 years. I like it cause it's nice and wide, where as others, like my double dragbag from ModGear is actually thinner - by a lot - which seems weird. The only gripe on my particular one is, a button snap on the inside broke off the night i got it when i unsnapped it. It's a snap i don't use anyways - the one that is at the butt-end inside that really - i don't even know what it's purpose is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cyrekzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like my tac-ops bag too... had it for about 3 years. I like it cause it's nice and wide, where as others, like my double dragbag from ModGear is actually thinner - by a lot - which seems weird. The only gripe on my particular one is, a button snap on the inside broke off the night i got it when i unsnapped it. It's a snap i don't use anyways - the one that is at the butt-end inside that really - i don't even know what it's purpose is? </div></div> I believe that is the snap cover for the cleaning rod pocket.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cyrekzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like my tac-ops bag too... had it for about 3 years. I like it cause it's nice and wide, where as others, like my double dragbag from ModGear is actually thinner - by a lot - which seems weird. The only gripe on my particular one is, a button snap on the inside broke off the night i got it when i unsnapped it. It's a snap i don't use anyways - the one that is at the butt-end inside that really - i don't even know what it's purpose is? </div></div> I believe that is the snap cover for the cleaning rod pocket. </div></div>

so that's the one that is on the bottom butt-end of the bag that has a strap to it... but it doesn't close anything - i thought it somehow helped hold the rear of the stock in place? but, like i said, i guess i have no need for it. Otherwise, the bag is perfect - and it has quite a bit of room in all the pockets.