• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical response, TN

Re: Tactical response, TN

I have not, my uncle has done the basic fighting pistol and basic fighting rifle.

He can't say enough good things about what he learned and keeps pushing me to go.

Not immediate first hand, but I have a pretty solid feeling about them from what he says. Flipping through the manuals he brought home it seems like a fantastic school.

Yeager teaches good stuff. He is one of the mor\e progressive trainers out there.

I've taken 4 classes with Tactical Response. And also the 12 hour ride to Camden TN for the Alumni Shoot. Its a FREE weekend of training for anyone that has trained with them. All you have to do is to register for it.

I highly recommend their training.

Cut

Good training (I've trained with some of their former instructors) but Yeager is incredibly egotistical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good training (I've trained with some of their former instructors) but Yeager is incredibly egotistical. </div></div>

Aren't most true alpha males??

I took a basic handgun course from Tactical Response in Cookeville, TN a few years back. The instructors were knowledgeable, professional and highly motivating. I'm looking forward to attending some training at their Camden facility at some point.

They are GTG I have a few buddies that teach there and you will learn alot, shoot alot and have plenty of fun.

Like with all training go with a open mind and be a sponge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good training (I've trained with some of their former instructors) but Yeager is incredibly egotistical. </div></div>

Aren't most true alpha males?? </div></div>

Larry Mudgett has killed more than most and he's a gentleman.

I've taken a few classes and plan on taking more. Great training and would recomend it to anyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good training (I've trained with some of their former instructors) but Yeager is incredibly egotistical. </div></div>

Aren't most true alpha males?? </div></div>

Larry Mudgett has killed more than most and he's a gentleman. </div></div>

I fail to see your point...sir

I flew from nj to cali to take a contractor class with them, and its the most informative class ive been too. Its just non stop no bullshit training. All the guys are top notch and know their shit. Once you train with them its like becoming part of the tactical response family. Im trying to get my dept let me host a class with TR for their fighting rifle. I cant say enough good things about them.

Wil my point is that not all skilled shooters, trainers, soldiers and cops are loud mouths with something to prove.

Or did you miss the videos on youtube of Yeager challenging rivals to a duel?

I've been wanting to take a few classes there myself. I live on the other side of TN, (East Tennessee) so it would be a drive but from what I hear it would be worth it. I got to many irons in the fire at the moment, hopefully when I graduate in May (college) I shall have more free time!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wil my point is that not all skilled shooters, trainers, soldiers and cops are loud mouths with something to prove.

Or did you miss the videos on youtube of Yeager challenging rivals to a duel? </div></div>

Didn't catch the video...

I agree with you on that.... but Yaeger is Yaeger... can't knock the man's skills just because there is a personality conflict. Hell, there are some folks I know that have mad skills, but I wouldn't piss in their mouth if it was on fire.

I live practically next store to them. Excellent people to deal with. A cousin of mine who is in Swat in Anderson, IN has been down twice to Tenn for training to take back to his unit and has benefited greatly from the educational experiences taught by TR.

If you didnt have the mentality of Yaeger you would never make it. Just ask all the contracters he has had over the years. Theres a fine line between confidence and cockyness.

What class Emilio did you sign up for? Hell if your hunter and depending on how long your in town for I could take you on deer hunt. Just recently acquired few acres of pure deer hunting land. 1500 acres to be exact.

I've taken several course with Tactical Response. They are good to go. Register for there forum and read the course reviews. You'll get 1st hand accounts of what recent course graduates think of their experience.

- Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wil my point is that not all skilled shooters, trainers, soldiers and cops are loud mouths with something to prove.

Or did you miss the videos on youtube of Yeager challenging rivals to a duel? </div></div>

Didn't catch the video...

I agree with you on that.... but Yaeger is Yaeger... can't knock the man's skills just because there is a personality conflict. Hell, there are some folks I know that have mad skills, but I wouldn't piss in their mouth if it was on fire.

</div></div>

Here's a clue. One of his siglines says "More people hate me than even know you"
laugh.gif

I have several Tactical Response classes under my belt, one just last weekend and I gotta say its the best, most practical no BS training I have ever received. My training background is PD and I was trained by three different agencies. Tactical Response is the only private training company I have ever trained with. I hope to attend a class with one of the other big named trainers out there this year and this is at the advice of James Yeager. How many ego-maniac's tell their students to do that along with recommendations if he has personally trained with them or heard nothing but good things about the other instructors?

Yeager is definitely a type A/alpha dog personality but I have also seen his generosity and genuine care for his students in action with fundraisers and free expert witness services. It's nice to know if you were to find yourself in a use of force encounter Yeager would be there for you 100% as would many of the alumni. You don't have to like him, its about training and I'm sure his feelings wouldn't be hurt if you didn't like him personally but he would want to know if you found the class lacking and he or his instructors give you the chance at the end of every class.

My advice, take a ride or fly down to Camden, stay in the team room and get the full experience. You will leave but you'll be back soon. Feel free to ask me about any classes I've taken etc and I will point you to my AAR's on them.

Like I said they are in my back yard and agree. Again a fine line between confidence and cockyness. Either way Yeager knows his shit and well deserved of the term "badass". Ive never taken an actual course there yet but plan on taking some of the precision rifle courses when funds are available. Even though I havent yet I pop in from time to time just to shoot the bull.