• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Rifle Remington M40 for $4495?

Will this be a parts gun for a future build? Depending on the fubar factor it may be worth a grand or so... in other words about the value of the non refundable deposit...

It is a TR Rifle.
You would be far better off buying a stock remington varmint special and putting it in a mcmillan stock.

You just opened a whole can of worms...if you get butthurt easily I would run away now

Where is Mr. Hand when you need him...

standard.jpg

That takes balls. Selling complete rifles online while so many builds and buyers get the middle finger. This guy is beyond a doosh. Unbelievable.

I don't care if it was the best rifle on the planet - I don't even consider doing business with companies that sue clients for their opinions.

Photo #10 makes it look as if the scope rail is curving downward. Which I have found is what happens on at least two Rem 700's if you just put the rail on and tighten the screws without bedding it. I do bedding jobs on my cheap personal rifles, which fixes this issue. Requires 15 minutes of time, $2.00 or less of materials, and the skills of a 10 year old. Just saying...

I found an M40 for sale on Gunbroker. Price is $4495.

Tactical Rifles M40 308 win remington 700 : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Seems over priced. What would a good price on a used M40 be?

Let's just forget for a moment who built this. You can get this same rifle built to spec by GA Precision for $3.7K USMC M40A1 I'm not familiar with rifles built by Texas Brigade Armory but you can get one for even less from them.

Sum up the cost of the components used in an M40 build and use the highest labor rates you can find and you're still nowhere near $4.5K. You can get a Surgeon Rifle for that much, not just a Remington 700 in a MCM stock with a hinged floor plate.

In the pictures, the fit an finish seems to be that of a used, not a new rifle. The stock seems a little worn and those markings on the crown are suspect. Makes me ask "what else" since the rifle is claimed to be new.

Add in the whole TR reputation and this is just a bad, bad deal. Look elsewhere.

I think the most authentic M40 you're going to find is the one from my link above or from Texas Armory Brigade. Don't make an expensive mistake

Yeah, I only posted up that as a joke. They seem to be taking a lot of liberties labeling that rifle as a USMC M40A1...
I have an M40A1 on order right now through TWOMANATTACK that is being built by 2112's through the Quantico PWS. Much, much better routes to take than TR.net. Their prices are absurd too.

I would never pay 4,500 for an M40a1 unless it was authentic. I would never buy a TR Rifle or anything. However, I am looking for an M40a1. While looking on GB I saw the TR rifle. I know $4500 is too high, but I wonder though, how much for an average m40a1? It doesn't have to be a tack driver. I would just have fun with it. Maybe punch some holes in paper, target shoot, but most likely hitting gongs, etc. I don't even want the McM stock. I like the wood stock. Just trying to figure out if I can afford one.

Based on significant personal experience I think the better alternative would be to find a local meth dealer and buy as much of his product as the sum total of cash you happen to have on hand will allow (including your daily ATM limit), keeping $25 in reserve. Spend $5 on a jug of gasoline. Hire a crack whore with the remaining $20 (any crack whore who will go for $20 is more than worthy of the TR brand).

Smoke all of the meth as fast as you can. Drench yourself with the gasoline. Direct the crack whore light you on fire. Having prepared beforehand by fastening a cinder block tightly to each ankle and you may now fling yourself into the sludge digestion tank of the sewerage treatment plant of your choice. The short time between smoking the meth and impacting the sludge are far preferable to the agonizing feeling of having been duped for such abomination of a rifle. Choking out on the effluence will be a far more pleasurable experience than dealing with David Rooney for even a few seconds.

If you are able to, have the crack whore film the event and please post the video in my thread outlining my experience with TR, sending a copy to all of your family, co-workers, and friends. It will serve as a favorable experiential comparison.

There, I just saved you time, money, and a bit of dignity. You're welcome.

Last edited: