• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tactical scope question. Falcon Menace

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
Let me start by stating i am new to long range shooting. I am not new to rifles or shotguns, and have competed nationally in sporting clays with much success. I am bored with shotgunning so i am taking my coyote hunting thrill to the next level. I am having a couple rifles built. A 6.5CM and a 243AI. I am purchasing a new Falcon Menace that has metric adjusting. I have no idea what to think about this. I dont understand mil-dots in the least. What does MRAD mean? And will i still be able to use my MOA ballistic programs for this new scope? I am so lost really i dont even know the right questions to ask. I have been reading on this but it isn't socking in because i dont understand the terminology. What can you share with me about the falcon scope i am buying. It is a new model 5.5x25 with slr (I think) reticul I know it is metric. this is a new pre production scope and a good friend bought it for me. I cant even find this scope cataloged and he will not give up his resources as this is supposed to be a hush hush deal. Anyway i need some info so i can learn to use this thing. Any help would be great. I am very firearm knowledgeable but like i said this is going to be a new chapter for me.. I feel confident that i will get the hang of this, but i need some help!! Thanks a bunch guys!! Lee

Re: Tactical scope question. Falcon Menace

Just FYI, I've had a Falcon Merlin 4.5x14x56mm with the Illuminated Skeleton MilDot Reticle for a couple years now. It is the predeccesor of the Menace line... It has held up great so far! Pretty good scopes for the price point! It passed the box test with ease, but I haven't gotten too rough with it yet but am sure I will as it's going on to my CZ 452 .22lr trainer very soon!

Re: Tactical scope question. Falcon Menace

I heard those scopes were trash, you should let me take it off your hands;) lol. I am waiting for them to come out myself. Welcome to the hide and a new addiction.