• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Tactical Solutions Glock .22 conversion

Re: Tactical Solutions Glock .22 conversion

I played with one a little bit, seemed to work pretty well if you feed it the ammo it likes.

More importantly, does anybody know a place that has them in stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownells shows in stock </div></div>

Thanks. No threaded barrel models tho. damn.

I groped a non-threaded one at a local gun shop. They look nicely made. I would like to know what spare mags cost and see them available as well. Oh, and the LGS was asking $75 over list price.......

I have the threaded barrel version that i bought a few months ago. Only a few hundred rounds through it now. Works best with the ammo they recommend. Still needs to be broken in more . It doesnt reliable work with my swr spectre yet. Since its a blowback design, the barrel stays in place while the slide moves. I think the weight of the spectre is causing the barrel to rub on the slide slighty. Other then that i think its great, lets me practice with my glock for alot less money. You can get spare magazines from midway usa , $28 a piece.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomer45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the threaded barrel version that i bought a few months ago. Only a few hundred rounds through it now. Works best with the ammo they recommend. Still needs to be broken in more . It doesnt reliable work with my swr spectre yet. Since its a blowback design, the barrel stays in place while the slide moves. I think the weight of the spectre is causing the barrel to rub on the slide slighty. Other then that i think its great, lets me practice with my glock for alot less money. You can get spare magazines from midway usa , $28 a piece. </div></div>

Interesting. I'm looking at it for a cheap trainer/suppressor host for my spectre. Have you talked to Tacsol at all about the unreliability with a suppressor? I would assume that was part of their design criteria, but then again the Spectre is heavy for a .22 can.

I havent contacted tacsol about the problem. Im not really worried about it at this point. I have less then 300 rounds through it . Its getting better the more i use it . But you can clearly see that the weight of the spectre is the cause. The barrel hood slightly rubs the top of the slide which cause it to not always cycle the next round. Other then that its really nice.

A few minutes with the Flitz and a dremel to the feed ramp and hood made mine run much better.

Also no change with the Prodigy attached.

This place seems to get them in pretty regularly Area 51 tactical, get on the email notification and it is easy.

Took your advice, used my dremel with flitz on the hood and feed ramp. Ran 5 magazines in a row with my spectre on. 50 rounds of cci mini mag, and 10 rounds of cci std velocity . Worked great not one malfunction. Fired 200 rnds today- cci mini mag, cci blazer, cci std vel and fed auto match. Had one failure to ignite ( cci mini mag). And one stove pipe ( cci blazer). Other then that it ran like sewing machine, plus its very accurate.

Just got one and I am using federal 40 grain round nose like they suggest. First mag ran flawless. Next eight mags all failed to eject the spent round. I will polish the ramps and see if it helps.