• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tactical solutions

coyote sniper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2012
ND
I paperwork pending on a sprectre II I am entertaining the idea of replacing the barrel on my buckmark with a tactical solutions 4" looking for anybodys opinion on tactical solutions barrels??

thanks in advance for any opinions/advise.

Re: Tactical solutions

I have had one on my Buckmark for at least the last 6 or 7 years and I love it.

Wouldn't go any other way, with the Spectre mounted on it it balances it perfectly!

You won't regret it.

Mine is the black with no flutes. I think its another color now though.

I have the spectre on a TS 10/22 barrel.

Perfect.

The most fun I have shooting is with the 10/22 suppressed and with my Savage Mk II bolt action 22 with the can on it.

Agreed-the best modification to a great pistol.
Even full power rounds come out sub-sonic due to the short barrel length.

I have the Tac Sol 5.5 inch barrel on my Buckmark and it's a great setup with my Spectre. I only shoot CCI Standard Velocity so no sonic crack issues. Got a Spectre II pending and really anxious to try it

I have a Tac Sol barrel on my MKII and if I was to do it again I would have just bought a 22lr barrel blank and had it threaded and installed on the receiver. It's accurate and functional but I shoot tons of 22lr ammo when I am home and the aluminum just hasn't been holding up too well to high use.

TacSol is outstanding. I have at least 10,000 rounds through my Mk3 upper with virtually no wear. I'm not sure if the black color is type 3 anodizing or not, but mine has held up very well.

Tac Sol makes a great product! They are simple to install and shoot great. I am still waiting on my 22 can paperwork to make it to the top of the stack at the ATF in December.
You can also change the front optic height to fit your needs, since they make 3 different heights.

I only wish that they would make one with the receiver milled to accept a mini red dot like a Burris Fastfire. The mounts that Burris makes to mount to a Ruger will not work on the Tactical Solutions barrels because the rear sight is very different. Only option is to add a rail to the top and mount your sight on that.
photobucket-37080-1326503766580.jpg

One thing that I really do like a bunch is how extremely light the Tacsol upper is on the ruger. I just bought a new trigger group to put on my aluminum upper so that it would loose a few ounces. Cant wait to see how that trigger is though.

Yeah the barrel came in the mail from brownells a couple days ago havn't got a chance to put it on and shoot it yet though. thanks everyone for the info.

Another thing I did on my Buckmark was to replace the factory top strap/rear sight (plastic) with a steel one from Brownell's. I just couldn't sleep well knowing that piece of plastic was on there.

I am going to order a steel one that I can put a red dot on. I thought that strap was metal! guess I will have to look at it again. I got it back in 1997

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coyote sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to order a steel one that I can put a red dot on. I thought that strap was metal! guess I will have to look at it again. I got it back in 1997 </div></div>

A 1997 gun may have a steel top strap. I got mine about 5 years ago...Buckmark Camper URX......and the top strap was plastic