• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical style stock for Savage MKII

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Who makes the closest match to what Savage is putting on the TR series Mark II's?

Ive seen some decent wood stocks for them, just wondering if anyone makes a glass stock close to it, or if you can get one from Savage.

Re: Tactical style stock for Savage MKII

The OP is asking who makes a fiberglass stock similar to the design of a Boyd's Tacticool which is the stock that comes on the MKII-TR from the factory.

That being said, I don't know of anyone who makes fiberglass stocks for the MKII.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The OP is asking who makes a fiberglass stock similar to the design of a Boyd's Tacticool which is the stock that comes on the MKII-TR from the factory.

That being said, I don't know of anyone who makes fiberglass stocks for the MKII. </div></div>

Your statement is confusing. The Boyds stock is not what actually comes on the TR's from Savage correct? It is a similar fiberglass stock.

Yea you guys are confusing each other. The TR stock is fiberglass from Savage. It is not a Boyds stock from Savage like stated. The "closest match" to the Savage fg stock is Boyds Tacticool, which is a wood stock. Nobody makes a match to the TR stock in fg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gachrid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea you guys are confusing each other. The TR stock is fiberglass from Savage. It is not a Boyds stock from Savage like stated. The "closest match" to the Savage fg stock is Boyds Tacticool, which is a wood stock. Nobody makes a match to the TR stock in fg. </div></div>

You are incorrect. Go to Savage's website. It is listed as a wood stock. All three of the ones I've held personally were wood stocks painted black or tan.

ETA: let me correct myself. According to Savage's website, the TR is wood, while the TRR-SR is synthetic. http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

Good correction. I was told that the TR was fiberglass. In that case the Boyds is the closest match, as it was before.

Buddy just got a TRR-SR, fluted and threaded barrel with the tri-rail scope mount.

Stock is same as my TR, black painted wood.

I have recently completed work on my TR that included removing the finish and drilling several holes in the stock for flush cups, Pillars, ect.

The stock that I have is definatly NOT a laminate. It is solid light colored hardwood.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haptoshoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have recently completed work on my TR that included removing the finish and drilling several holes in the stock for flush cups, Pillars, ect.

The stock that I have is definatly NOT a laminate. It is solid light colored hardwood. </div></div>

I am looking to do the same for mine. I just recieved my tacticool form boyds. What kind of flush cups did you install. How hard was it to install? Is it worth installing pillars? What did you refinish the stock with?

I'm sorry but statements above are completely incorrect. The TR stock from Savage IS the Boyd's Tacticool stock and it IS hardwood under that black paint. It is NOT fiberglass in any way shape or form. I called a Savage Rep. sometime before I bought mine and this is what they told me. Unless the Savage Rep. was wrong this is what it is and nothing else.

Edit: Sorry i confuse laminate with hardwood. My bad. Fixed post.
Edit#2: Sorry again I read the above "correctional" posts incorrectly lol

The TR stock and the Boyds Tacticool Savage stock are almost the exact same.

If you want the exact stock as on the Savage TR, order from the Crazy Deals section as these stocks are direct seconds of the TR and are the exact same stock. If you look at the Tacticool and the TR stock you will see the only slight difference is in the comb area. (crazy deal seconds are not different)

Oh yeah, they are all laminate.

Wow, I only handled the TR once, and I couldve sworn it was a fiberglass stock. I guess the look of it just made me assume it was a glass stock.

$90 isnt bad either for the Boyds

Does anyone want a factory laminated thumbhole stock from a BVTSS?

Thanks for all the help guys!

It says it fits the MKII's and also the 93 models, but I have a 93 22mag heavy barrel non-accu and it is totally different than my MKII, different as in I could not swap my MKII stock onto the 93.

So how do the boyds stocks fit both? Possibly a different model of 93?

Just ordered a black one from Boyd's for a FV-SR I've got coming Wednesday. There's a 6 week wait from date of order if anyone is wanting to order one.

I've read I need I need a new bottom metal, which is preferred?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It says it fits the MKII's and also the 93 models, but I have a 93 22mag heavy barrel non-accu and it is totally different than my MKII, different as in I could not swap my MKII stock onto the 93.

So how do the boyds stocks fit both? Possibly a different model of 93? </div></div>

Well one must be E-Rec. and the other not. MKII and the 93 are exact same dimensions. The stocks will swap between them unless one is a Non E-Rec.

Ah, didnt know about the E-receivers, my 22mag must just be a standard 93 which would explain the difference.

Paulie, post back in here if you get an update on when your stock is scheduled to arrive. Thanks.

Wallis forge makes a stock and i have one from him that is an MCM A3 replica to match my 10fp with a MCM A3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paulie771</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered a black one from Boyd's for a FV-SR I've got coming Wednesday. There's a 6 week wait from date of order if anyone is wanting to order one.

I've read I need I need a new bottom metal, which is preferred? </div></div>

Check out Savagegunsmithing.com for the thicker bottom metal, only place I know that is selling them! Savage Gunsmithing Click here!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, didnt know about the E-receivers, my 22mag must just be a standard 93 which would explain the difference.

Paulie, post back in here if you get an update on when your stock is scheduled to arrive. Thanks. </div></div>

Stock ordered: 31Jan11 and was informed of a 6 week wait.

Shipment noticed received: 14Feb11 w/ arrival date of 16Feb11.

Just to put this fiberglass/wood shit to rest right now.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I'm holding a MKII TR-SR right now. That bitch is wood.</span>

Any dipshit that continues to post thats its fiberglass is a liar that deserves to be beat, shot, and then beat again.

Sorry to open an old thread, but yes I am looking for a factory thumb hole stock from a BVTSS. Is it still available?

** You can't manage what you can't measure...