• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical team match (4-man)

MADUCE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2004
DALLAS,TEXAS
www.tigervalley.com
TIGER VALLEY TEAM MATCH 09
JUNE 27-28, 2009

Here it is, those who have hunted people for a living know that anyone can be taken, especially when alone. No matter how bad you are, you have to eat and sleep sometime. Lets say, just for the sake of argument that some terrorist sneaks into the country and sets off a nuke in a major city you happen to be living in. What do you do? If your smart you probably stay put. Getting on the crowded highways would be crazy, giving the fact that initially you won’t have any idea which way to run, or for that matter where to run to. Being alone you will have to contend with gangs of social misfits that are looking to gain an advantage with the current situation, much like the “LA” riots.

If you’re one of those who have thought through this type of thing, you have a plan. My plan is to gather up my close friends and move in strength, using small unit tactics. Your team should be small enough to move easily, but large enough to protect itself, hence the Tiger Valley Team match.

We will do 6 stages on Saturday and 3 on Sunday.

Stage #1 Neighbor hood assault

The goal of the mission is to move through the neighbor hood engaging bad guys as they appear. The 4-man team starts at designated point facing a low crawl. On the timer all members move through the low crawl, with all gear. After this they will climb through a window of a house and move into a yard where 2 shooters will engage pistol targets and 2 will engage rifle at 50 yards. After all targets are down all team members will move back to neighbor hood and climb the fence (8 foot tall) into the next backyard. After all members have gone over the fence they will move and engage pistol targets, (lots). Once all targets are neutralized unit will move back to the neighborhood and enter the attic. Once in the attic they will slide down the gas pipe and enter the last neighborhood where all bad guys will be taken out with rifles.

Stage #2 Member rescue

Team starts out with all members in start box. The goal of the mission is to rescue a downed team member who can’t walk. On the timer team will advance. While advancing, members will encounter several areas with hostile targets. Someone must engage hostiles for members to advance beyond each point. At least one member must engage targets, but how many is up to each team. Two members will move to shoot house, one will breach the door and the other will cover and engage any target available from outside shoot house. Member who enters shoot house will neutralize hostiles and start recovery of downed member. Downed member must be brought back to starting point for time to end.

Stage #3 Sentry elimination

Unit has to recover stolen food from gang members who have a fortified complex. Assault will start by eliminating a sentry in a 20’ guard tower 400-500 yards away. Once sentry is eliminated unit will move to a two-story building and eliminate all hostiles on both floors and surrounding the building. Once this has been accomplished unit will recover stolen food and head for safe area, (starting box).

Stage #4 Helicopter bug out

The unit has a chance to move to a new safer area by helicopter and must flee under fire. Unit starts in start box. On timer all members move to designated points and engage targets from 7 to 200 yards. On member moves to helicopter, but cannot engage targets until all members are on board. Once on board this member supplies support fire while helicopter lifts off, targets to 300 yards. Helicopter is on springs

Stage #5 Tank buster

The Soviets have taken advantage of the current situation and have invaded with armor. From the starting box, designated shooter will engage the tank commander and gunner of the scout vehicle and the commander of the T-62. Once this has been completed the entire team will advance and engage all targets they encounter while dragging a prisoner with them.

Stage #6 Low light engagement

Night has fallen and the hoards are assaulting your position. You will have to defend your position from hostiles while they are shooting at you. A radio controlled paint ball gun will track members as they move through obstacles, shooting bad guys.

Stage #7 Running man

The unit has been compromised and must evade and escape. Unit must move 120 yards through bad area as quickly as possible.

Stage #8 Zombies

The fall out has mutated some survivors. All team members will be on the 200-yard line and deal with the outcome of the crazy hoards…

Stage #9 blind stage

Re: Tactical team match (4-man)

Why did my neice decide to get married the weekend of this. Maybe I will pay for the couple to elope

This sounds like a boot in the ass. We just need a 4th man.... time to start looking.

What's round count for this one? I am assuming that it is bring as much as you would like to drag through the stages, but had to ask.

Also team price?

Im going to see if I can get some of the guys from my platoon to quit being lazy and come shoot a match.

We will see.

You would be safe with 200/200, I say that because skill levels vary. We had one person on the helo stage last match go through 120 rounds and still not finish the stage. The cost is $150.00 per shooter. I'm going to drop the bug in a some vendors ears about sponsoring teams, that way it will off set the match fees for teams and get some great advertising for sponsors. It would make for a great match picture.

Just signed up, if the vendors bite we would love to try to make a good showing for them.

Pickett and I have are signed up.

Damn, I'll be pedalling through the mountains of Colorado that weekend. Sounds like fun for sure!

You guys are joined at the hip aren't ya
wink.gif

TJ

Just to help me here, is it contemplated that one team member has a precision rifle (bolt gun) or would the whole team be better served with AR's.

Thanks!

Hey HiCap, you up for a joint LA/TX team? I dont think all of Team Waffleiron can make it....but Brent and I should be able to I hope. Maybe half SPRs/carbines and half bolt guns...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad Ass TJ. Bad Ass....We are good to go. Looking forward to it.
SSSOOOOO....how do we get that sponsership???? </div></div>

Who are you guys getting for a #3 & #4 man?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad Ass TJ. Bad Ass....We are good to go. Looking forward to it.
SSSOOOOO....how do we get that sponsership???? </div></div>

Who are you guys getting for a #3 & #4 man? </div></div>
My brother will back from Iraq in April, and I have a buddy of mine thats TPD.

Doc, I hope you make it bro!

I think we've got a team together for this, TJ, so Im in +3.

Built the back yard fence last week along with the window you have to go through. Leaving in a few minutes for Waco for the 3-gun prep class on Saturday. Between times I'm building the attic hatch, low crawl and some other interesting things.

That's cheating. All members have to be named, and not in the witness relocation program.

Rounded out the team, Got us a couple of High Drag low speed guys.

Game On!

Damn, that means there's not going to be anyone to run behind me shouting obscenities and degrading comments to help me focus...

Well as long as we can be squaded together!

In the words of my unnamed, but well respected peer......"This match gentlemen, is where all that posting on the internet <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Really</span></span> pays off."

Love it.......absolutely love it.......

Way to kill the thread, Pickett!!!!

Who all is teamed up for the this event?

CKA, you guys in?

Just to make it interesting, TJ oughta do a random draw for 4 man teams. Kinda like real life. SHTF and you grab the first 3 neighbors you find with guns. Even if one's a goober. (You can always kill him later....)

On a side note, I'm bringing ZERT Team shirts for the zombie stage...
IMG_2150-1.jpg

Everyone carries a pistol and rifle. It looks like that from the stage descriptions that AR15's will work fine. Close to 500yds. Unless TJ discloses some at a latter time.

I believe the door breaching stage will require one to have a shotgun.

Me, Sfikes, Microsuck and Micro's bro are a team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me, Sfikes, Microsuck and Micro's bro are a team.</div></div>
That is a band of reknowns

I want to see lots of pictures when your done!!!!, your to blasted far away to come play.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone needing a precision AR or bolt guy? I'm thinking about shooting this match.
</div></div>

Chad,

I'll let you know after the LaRue match this weekend. We were supposed to have a fourth, but he may crap out. You can take my spot as the precision AR guy and i'll take the doorkicker spot
grin.gif

Only catch is we are all shooting 6.8s (pm me for more details.)

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: commanderjb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone needing a precision AR or bolt guy? I'm thinking about shooting this match.
</div></div>

Chad,

I'll let you know after the LaRue match this weekend. We were supposed to have a fourth, but he may crap out. You can take my spot as the precision AR guy and i'll take the doorkicker spot
grin.gif

Only catch is we are all shooting 6.8s (pm me for more details.)

Jason </div></div>

Are you waiting to see how he does in the 3 gun to see if you are going to let him on your team????

Airone

Ok, let me know Jason. I have a scoped 16" M4 in 223 or 260 Rem bolt gun I can use. The M4 is good to 400, maybe 500, but beyond that I wouldn't recommend.

3 gun was a blast! TJ and Mark did it again! the prise table was friggin packed! And....Dillon had a mini gun for everyone to play with. Those who didn't go missed way the F#$k out! OH, and TJ tricked me into doing pull ups.....yeah, Im still outta shape.

Problems exist out to 500 yards. A guard tower has to be eliminated to allow you to recover you stolen food stores. As to other stages you will have a combination of problems, some requiring long guns and pistols. What and who shoots what is up to you. Most shots are -100 yards for rifle, pistol to 35-40 max. Everyone should have both weapons, you never know when a team member might be eliminated or captured and you might have to pick up his duties. You will have to both shotgun breach and mechanical, eat you Wheaties...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sfikes2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 gun was a blast! TJ and Mark did it again! the prise table was friggin packed! And....Dillon had a mini gun for everyone to play with. Those who didn't go missed way the F#$k out! OH, and TJ tricked me into doing pull ups.....yeah, Im still outta shape.</div></div>
Not bad, you got 4 with a flutter kick. Glad you made the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason,

How'd the 3 gun match go this weekend?

Chad
</div></div>

Match was unreal. I didn't do very well (mainly because I suck on shotgun, but I was very pleased with my carbine work), but I accomplished what I went down there for: have fun, hang out with a great bunch of people and burn some ammo (I did a lot of that!).

It was great to meet Sfikes and some of the other 'Hide regulars.

It looks like we have our fourth man for the squad. You might check with 737Shark. I think he wants to shoot this as well and might be looking to put together a squad.

TJ, do you need to run the same kit the entire match, or could you, for instance, swap out rifles as the needs of the stage dictated?

Whatever is good with me, just checking.

Thanks!

(and working on my chin ups)

Chad I am with out a team also. I don't know if NoMag is going to shot this match yet. PM me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TJ, do you need to run the same kit the entire match, or could you, for instance, swap out rifles as the needs of the stage dictated?

Whatever is good with me, just checking.

Thanks!

(and working on my chin ups) </div></div>

Same gear...no swappin out...

nomag has had rough year
my hand ( talk about feeling a little different!!!! this can cause severe iritation when rubbed against well nevemind)
IMG_0277.jpg

my elbow
IMG_0279.jpg

closer
IMG_0273.jpg

I can barley hold a rifle right now much less run around but the zippers have been taken out and I might make BTH if TJ puts it on again. If I could run the 4 team I would but my arms are a little out of it right now.

Later
NOmag

Ouch!

Ok, got another question. What are the camper hook up facilities at Tiger Valley?

Specifically, can we hook up a camper to power and sewer?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ouch!

Ok, got another question. What are the camper hook up facilities at Tiger Valley?

Specifically, can we hook up a camper to power and sewer?

Thanks! </div></div>

There are power and water hook ups, you will have to dump at an RV station after you leave.

Ok, thanks. I am told by our guy with the camper that the waste water tank fills up fast.

Is it ok to shower in the bunk house if you camp on the property?