• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacticool back at boyds and shipping May 11th

Re: Tacticool back at boyds and shipping May 11th

thank you sir my volquartsen 17 mach 2 is going to love the new stock

Not sure on the barrel channel, I didnt get in on the first batch so I am going to make sure to get one this time around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the barrel channel was way out of spec on these? </div></div>

I have not been able to shoot it yet but mine looks fine. There was a thread on RFC where they were talking about a McM copy that was out of spec but it was made by someone else.

was going to try the bondo a5, but time is money and I think for $79 I can afford to buy one. if the barrel channel is out of spec it would probably not be too hard to fix.

Wow, that is a badass deal for a stock! Might pick one up for my Rem 597!

Anyone know the weight?

Dude these stocks rock!! It makes me want to build another 10/22!! I really hope they continue to produce them.

I ordered one for my 93.Even though it's for the heavy barrel contour and I have the sporter barrel,I think I'm going to use like that black insulation foam tape for a barrel channel filler.I saw a thread on RFC on that.Considering the price,the way it's only limited production,and it's the style I wanted,I couldn't pass it up.All I need to do now is order the bottom metal and wait for it to get here.

I got one on the last buy and it's a great stock.I'm ordering another 10/22. Does anyone know if the one for the Rem 597 will fit a .17 HMR or .22 magnum?

Why would they make one for the magnums before the 22lr's?

Or does my MKII have an alias I don't know about?

As far as I know,the 93 and MKII share the same stock.Maybe not in wood versions but my synthetic is stamped 93/MKII I believe.The magnums have different bottom metal though.Don't hold me to that but it's what I've heard.Someone else may be able to confirm or disprove that.

I got a reply from Boyd's, the Rem 597 will fit both long rifle and magnum actions.

Great, I was waiting for these to come back in stock. Thanks for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The barrel channel is perfect on mine. Not sure where you saw that it was out of spec? You might be thinking of the thread about the "tactical image guys TIG " stock found here http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316749
Scroll towards the bottom of the page to see the pics lmao !
The Boyds stock is GTG ! </div></div>

That would be the one I was thinking about.

w00t!!! Got one heading my way next week... thanks for the heads up!!

~ Rico

I snoozed and lost last time these were available. Today i odered three for 10/22's. Two in green and one tan.

Finally something for the savage mkII's. Deffinately going to pre order one (or two) in the morning.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the bottom metal from the factory stocks? Wondering if I really need to purchase a new set from savage...

My MKII has the plastic stock with the molded in trigger guard. I contacted Savage yesterday and told them what I was ordering from Boyds. They're sending me a trigger guard and assorted pieces. Once it and the stock are here, I'll see how it fits and report back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know the weight? </div></div>

Not exactly, but it's not a whole lot heavier than the factory stock.

How much did it cost from savage? I have a synthetic as well, but it wasn't with me to check... I could have swore it had a metal guard, but I guess I was wrong so I gotta order me some as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know the weight? </div></div>
Checked the weight tonight using my highly calibrated method of stepping on the digital scale with and without it
laugh.gif
and it came to 3.2 lbs.

They told me $14.00 and that I should have the parts in two weeks or less.

WOW 80 bucks?? now i can get rid of that gay ass flipin stock on my 597 although all the kids think its badass its not really my thing.

They said the E-series Savages, I have a newer Mark II that has the larger ejection port, that's the "e-series" right?

I'm going to place my order once I know it'll work, I can't pass up that price!

Branden

Call Savage with your serial number and they can tell you whether or not you have the "E" receiver.

ok I have an older 93 HMR with plastic tuperware stock and I just ordered a Boyds what else and who from do I need to order. It's a NON ACCUTRIGGER. Thanks for the help.

Anybody received shipping notice yet? Paid for overnite to be able to set mine up and be ready for the weekend. Order says "Processing."

No big deal except for paying for overnite!

Ordered mine on the 5th. No shipping notice yet.
They said they would start shipping them on the 11th but I'm not sure how long they were taking back orders before I ordered mine.

I ordered mine on the 4th... good point on back orders. As I said, I was just hoping to have it for the weekend.

Heading to the in-laws and not much to do there!

I got an email response from them today saying that the stocks are in finishing and heading to "assembly". I assume that means it'll be shipping soon. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: djw442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my shipping notice today, should be here the 17th. </div></div>

Same here, received a UPS tracking # yesterday and the scheduled
delivery date is the 17th.

I have a mkiifv (accutrigger, e-receiver) and ordered the boyds stock... called savage today and asked for the replacement bottom metal and the lady said it would be 40 bucks with shipping. why so high? badshot308 lives in NY as well and he paid 14? what am i missing? can I use any of the metal currently on my synthetic? the lady i talked to seemed like she didnt know what i was talking about, but didnt a lot of you have to call for bottom metal? i would think she would zip right through it

I just checked my online status and still shows "processing". I thought they were suppose to ship on the 11th? What gives? I'm typically a forgiving guy, but come on.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just checked my online status and still shows "processing". I thought they were suppose to ship on the 11th? What gives? I'm typically a forgiving guy, but come on.

Branden </div></div>

I ordered mine on the 7th and it's still
processing... I'd imagine they got quite a few orders to fill.

Dropped my order today - also showing "processing".

I do need to thank the OP on this heads-up - I've wanted a better stock for my Rem597 for a while now, and this looks like the ticket. Thanks!

Can't find the 10/22's on their website anymore. If anyone has an extra, I'd love to buy it from you.

Out of the 10/22's? I ordered one at about 5:30 PM Pacific time, I must have gotten the last of the bunch.