• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacticool Stock vs Savage

Cartel

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
Hello I have a savage 93fv in .22 wmr (22 Mag)
I want to do some mods to it. I see on this forum
a lot of guys shoot savage rimfire. Most guys buy a Boyds
Tacicool stock ($100). My question is why not Buy a factory
Savage TR Stock ($200)? I have heard of some fit issues
with the boyds stock. What am I missing here? Is it just to save the $100?

Re: Tacticool Stock vs Savage

Boyds is the maker of stocks for savage. So the tacticool you see on there web site is the exact same stock on the TR models. At least from what i have been told.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GotCox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boyds is the maker of stocks for savage. So the tacticool you see on there web site is the exact same stock on the TR models. At least from what i have been told. </div></div>

This is correct. You'll also need a trigger guard, new mag plate (get the thick one from DIP), and some longer screws... DIP sells a "kit" with everything in it...

Good to know. I guess you still can save a few bucks these days

I've heard that there are some subtle differences between the version you get direct from Boyds versus the version Boyds makes for Savage. I believe in a side-by-side comparison the cheek rest height/shape are a slightly different.

Just received the Boyds Target Hunter Stock & DIP Kit in the mail. Hoping to get everything finished up in a week or so. I have the Savage 17HMR and there will be some minor work that will have to be done on the stock, but not too much. DIP Kit is very nice as is all the stuff that I have ordered from them. I'll post some pictures when I get everything together.