• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft TAK Server Released and Open-Sourced to the Public

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    I am not technical, but does this mean we will get to have HUD capability in the future? I have no idea how much work has to be done to get features worth using but open source seems like a great step.

Article is a couple months old but I haven't seen any discussion on it. Second article on iTAK made available for download is pretty neat too.

The issue is not the server, it's the plugin for the device. The E-COTI has a plugin for ATAK, but it's restricted to .GOV registrations. You can feed a UAV's video into the system, that's open source. If I can ever get Vectronix to release E-COTI code I'll be sure to post here. That's not really under their control though, so I'm not hopeful at the moment. Hell, I still can't get the cables much less the code.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    Is there any chance of developing a plugin since the rest of the code seems to be open source?

In simpleton terms, the tech is there to send info but receiving via ECOTI or similar is the issue is today?

Is there any chance of developing a plugin since the rest of the code seems to be open source?

In simpleton terms, the tech is there to send info but receiving via ECOTI or similar is the issue is today?
    Correct, and so far as I know there is no way to reverse engineer the plug-in since the comms to the E-COTI is also closed source.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    I think it was a Spiritus Systems video where Mike Jones said he is working on getting ATAK to where civilians can use it. I suspect he’s working with TREX on that. I’m hopeful something useable is available before too long