• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2004
BROWNWOOD, TX
BGs(white slavers)abduct retired company mans(Liam Neeson) Daughter when she travels to Europe. This upsets him and he hunts using his many skills.

Re: TAKEN

I thought this was an excellent movie. Made me think how much I would do to get my daughter back.

I thought it was a great movie...Liam is a real bad ass in it, good story line, and it wasn't the normal ultra gay Hollywood crap. Where a guy gets punched 200 times and doesn't bleed and the guns don't hold 4000 rounds of ammo. I really liked when he gave the kidnapper a little shock therapy.

Probably one of my favorite under-rated, under-hyped movies of the year. Really enjoyed it alot.

nwsnowbum said it, this is a sleeper that wasn't pushed when it was released that deserved more. Great storyline, I would have had more involvement by his pals who were of a similar background, and would have if asked provided assistance. Regards

I remember my friend telling me about watching this movie over in Europe before it was released here. Looks like it was released in February 2008 in France and then January 2009 here.

Supposedly Taken 2 is in the works. Hopefully Liam will return in it and maybe we'll see more of his friends then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably one of my favorite under-rated, under-hyped movies of the year. Really enjoyed it alot. </div></div>

This movie was a great flick don't get me wrong but the main reason that the media was not all over it is due to Liam's wife bumping her head while skiing then dieing shortly after. She died the weekend before the movie was released into the states. So you didn't have him doing the TV show tour to bring attention to the movie. Great film and hope if there is a second they don't butcher it.

Hey,

It's <span style="font-style: italic">entertainment</span>, it's not real!

I loved it. I just watched it because of the hide recomendation.

Nice to see Liam as a real BADASS.

A little different from his role in "Gunshy" I cannot see an Uzi without breaking out in a cold sweat!

Guys, thanks for the recommendation.

GOOD ONE!!

Neil

Far fetched indeed, but entertaining nonetheless.

Enjoyed it, especially the DVD version. A little more intense, especially the interrogation scene. A fun romp.

I'm new to the forum...glad to see a movie section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have had more involvement by his pals who were of a similar background, and would have if asked provided assistance. Regards </div></div>

I agree. That was the one thing that could have made this movie even better.

Yep, definitely one thats very good. The end where the guy gets to, "We can nego..." before having a new piece of metal inserted into his head is my personal favorite.

TAKEN: Scared the crap out of me, I saw it the same week my 13 year old grandaughter went to DC with some class mates.

She fits the profile, 14-18, thin blonds (she looks 17, tall and thin).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have had more involvement by his pals who were of a similar background, and would have if asked provided assistance. Regards </div></div>

I agree. That was the one thing that could have made this movie even better. </div></div>

I agree, you know a group of guys that have been through what they had, together, would have without hesitation helped him in his mission to get his daughter back.

That movie rocked!! The throat chooping was awesome, the shocking was pretty sweet ( about the same thing i would do) over all it was one of the best movies i've seen lately

I love it when he finally meets the guy face to face... if it was a true event the dude would have been shittin his pants trying to figure out how the hell Liam found him... least i would of lol

I watched Liam doing a few techniques that were just too good to be scripted - knew he had some Martial Arts training so I looked him up - heck yeah think he's a 7th Dan in Shotokan (My style) Karate.

Heck yeah.

+1 for a huge recommendation!! Movie is awsome and keeps your mind going!! Liam did a great job playing the role!!

Wins best phrase describing a set of skills.

The sex slave trade is rampant in the world. What Liam Neeson did my have been far fetched as far as how he found the guys but the fact that it happens is an every day occurrence.

If you liked this, Law Abiding Citizen is a must see.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LX6kVRsdXW4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LX6kVRsdXW4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

As I was watching Law Abiding Citizen I was thinking that this surpassed Taken as my Favorite Movie and then the ending ruined it for me.

If the guy was the ultimate in Secret Squirrel stuff. He would have known he had been compromised when he entered his secret tunnel and his prison cell.

Just curious, no insult intended, what part was farfetched? Slavery is a big problem and young girls are the preferred targets as far as I know.

My wife saw the movie and she asked what I would do if someone took one of our kids. I looked at her with quizzical expression and said "The real question is 'What wouldn't I do.' " It's still a blank piece of paper.

Yeah, the 20 to 1 or 7 to 1 fights get a little unbelievable.

In that vein, I still like "Man on Fire" with Denzel better for the genre.

Bryan: "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
Marko: [after a long pause] "Good luck."

Bryan: A friend gave this to me. Its Albanian. You mind translating it?
Marko: [translates paper] "Good luck".
Bryan: You don't remember me? We spoke on the phone two days ago. I told you I would find you.

Bryan: [Torturing Marko] I believe you. But that won't save you.
[Turns the electricity back on and leaves]

Definitely a great movie. All movies are a bit unbelievable and that's why they are fake. No one wants to see realism all the time at the cineplex, I don't anyway. For the matter of believablity, a lot of stories we read from history seem unbelievable but they happened. I can't say I have the skill set Liam's character had but I would do every thing possible to get my daughter back too. Great movie for grabbing the dad in you and making you feel for the characters in the movie.

i thought this move was spectacular, exspecially some small detailes like when he broke that guys ribs in the cab

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I was watching Law Abiding Citizen I was thinking that this surpassed Taken as my Favorite Movie and then the ending ruined it for me.

If the guy was the ultimate in Secret Squirrel stuff. He would have known he had been compromised when he entered his secret tunnel and his prison cell. </div></div>

I don't think you can compare these two movies. As much as I liked Law Abiding Citizen, it was a little over the top. It was Hollywood. Taken was a movie about what a man would do to get his daughter back. LAC was a movie about a man who decided to take on the system. Yes, the end was about as bad as Chasing Amy, which was the worst ending to any good movie I have ever seen. Liam could be related to, even though I don't have and don't want children. LAC was just a movie with some planning like Final Destination. And i also never knew that Liam could get down like that.