• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Taking advantage of USO Erek Knob as Zero Stop?

Edgewater

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I just received a new USO and want to set up the Erek Knob to stop .5 mils below zero. Can someone advise me as to how to make this happen. Not sure if you can precisely set the Erek to bottom out .5 below zero or if it is a rough adjust zero stop. My last USO was in moa and had a single turn 1/2 moa Erek knob and the zero stop was not an issue. Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Taking advantage of USO Erek Knob as Zero Stop?

You may not be able to do a exact .5mils below zero, but you will be very close, I have mine set up as a zero stop, well Arnold did it for me to be honest.

John, pm'd me. I think without a culminator it will be difficult to get an exact .5 mils below but I think you can get close. Honestly, this will be good enough. Got to love a company's customer service when the owner answers your questions here within minutes of your post.

If its ok with John would you mind sharing the info with us.

You will have to fool with it a little and do the final Zero with the wrench but you can get it exact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will have to fool with it a little and do the final Zero with the wrench but you can get it exact. </div></div>

Prezactly.
Its no secret, just takes patience and learning to make small adjustments with the wrench.

What's the purpose of setting .5 mils below zero?

right now, mine is 2.5mils below zero. Im not anal enough to mess with it to get it down to 1mil. Its easy enough to go back to zero from 2.5mils under.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the purpose of setting .5 mils below zero? </div></div>

Having some wiggle room for loads change, altitude, etc...

If mine weren't a "special" Erek built to fulfill a single turn contract bid, I'd have it set for 1.5 below my zero (tried a 200yd 90* prone shot lately?).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edgewater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John, pm'd me. I think without a culminator it will be difficult to get an exact .5 mils below but I think you can get close. Honestly, this will be good enough. Got to love a company's customer service when the owner answers your questions here within minutes of your post. </div></div>

Not sure what John told you but without a culminator, I got mine .5 mils up from hard stop. Holding the EREK and just bumping the wrench will get it dead on. USO is on here helping with the small stuff, nobody else is. I got this from Doc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If its ok with John would you mind sharing the info with us.</div></div>
Zero as you would any other scope using the EREK. Once 0 is established, insert supplied wrench into the center constant friction screw in the middle of the EREK, while holding the wrench perfectly still, rotate the EREK down to hard stop and back up .5mils. Shoot to confirm zero. Once you get the trick down, you can adjust the EREK with ease and get it to cut center even with .1 mils adjustment by bumping the wrench while holding the EREK still. Took an extra few rounds to get it perfect at .5 mils up but can be done. Now remove the factory cap by the 2 outer screws, move the EREK to 0 mark, install the 0 rings with the new cap.

Hope this helps.

I run mine at .5 below zero. It's no big deal and the literature that comes with the SN-3 tells how to set it.

The reason I set mine is that I zero for 168gr FGMM since that is my duty ammunition. When I compete I use a 175gr Handload that was running .5 mRad below zero. For some reason it's now .3 mRad below zero. However I still know that on a callout in the dark I hit the stop then come back up five clicks.