• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Talbot mounts- anybody used? still in business?

robdes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
Houston, Texas
LL's thread about back up optics made think about this system. I tried asking about it in that thread, but I think that there were some distractions.

The idea is that you have a mount on the gun and then mounts on each optic that simply snap in to the gun's mount. One could have a single gun that could be used for multiple purposes, or as LL suggested, have a pre-zeroed back up optic ready to go.

I don't know if they are still in business. Here is a link to an article about the system:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_11_53/ai_n20512678/

Re: Talbot mounts- anybody used? still in business?

I too was interested in if the company was still around. I just did a Google search for Talbot mounts that produced on one unique hit, the telephone number on their website seems to be the home telephone number of the Talbot’s, and the GSA number listed on the website for the Talbot Mount is not active. It looks like the company is history.

Martin