• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Talk me into or out of Sig Blaser Tac 2 .338LM

operator45

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2005
San Antonio, TX
I have been serching for a good .338 Lapua i have owned a remington MLR and it was ok but want to upgrade willing to spend up to $3500 and seems like SIG fits the bill or should I save up for a GAP built Suregon? Thanks

Re: Talk me into or out of Sig Blaser Tac 2 .338LM

Another idea is the new remington MSR but i cant find a price anywhere.

TRG-42 with 1 in 10 twist and never look back...well within that price range.

what did you not like about the TAC2? also i am not sure i like the thiner bbl on the TRG-42. What kind of accuracy you getting?

Re: Talk me into or out of Sig Blaser Tac 2 .338L

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what did you not like about the TAC2? also i am not sure i like the thiner bbl on the TRG-42. What kind of accuracy you getting? </div></div>

They are up there with the Accuracy International. I had one in 300WM and it was awesome.

KYshooter338 which rifle you refering to I am asuming the TAC 2?

Had a 308 loved the bolt throw... loved the rifle, wished I did'nt sell it.

For $3500 you can get a nice custom. If it were me I'd much rather pick-up a nice custom action and build the gun to my own specs rather then grab up a mass produced gun that is built to someone else's specs. One of the things that I like so much about my rigs is that they are uniquely mine. Now you can spend a bunch of money on customizing a mass produced rifle or you can just do it right from the start and get it built how you want it.

Just my two cents, this is going to be your rifle and it is your money. So do what makes you happy. But if I were you I'd look into getting a custom rifle built.

They are being used by the Australian Military and have been very well received there.

i own a blaser tac2 .338 and while i am very inexperienced and definitely yet to test the rifle to its full potential i find it a pleasure to shoot,virtually no recoil, but loud, extremely accurate(6 inch 3 shot groups at 500m and i am sure with practice and experience we can tighten that up ALOT) and just an all round nice, quality feeling rig. There is also the option of changing calibres to .223, .308 or .300 win mag with the interchangeable barrel system, which is good because you can use one scope but does seem to be expensive here in Oz. Most people here seem to prefer the TRG or the AI over the Blaser and i personally have zero experience with these rifles so i cannot comment, also there is the DTS also with interchangeable barrels (.243, .308, .300 win mag and .338lap mag) which seems to be highly regarded and i hope to test soon, which is another option. i wish you all the best in your purchase hope to hear some results. Cheers.