• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Talk me out of SAS 30 titanium QD

bamawrx

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2010
Alabama
I need a 30 can that is light, mag rated, QD (repeatable and minimal shift), full auto (updated: deleted full auto requirement), and I want a fair deal. I will also need barrel threading work, so that plays in to decision also. Money is not the biggest concern. Buy once, cry once.

Unfortunately, I will not get to try before I buy, so I rely on you guys.

I current have Sparrow SS, FDE Osprey 45, AAC M-4 2000 on order. Need to get the 30 in the works...

Re: Talk me out of SAS 30 titanium QD

Top left is cold bore, big hole in the middle is 3 shots suppressed, 3 shots unsuppressed. .30 cal SAS QD can.

So far, it's been repeatable every time, but I only have had it out on one outing.

photo-26.jpg

That is very impressive. Where did you get the break installed? Wasnt in selma was it?

What JRose is displaying is average displaying the POI shift with the QD suppressors. I have seen from 0 - 1.75" overall but have been able to get that down to normally less than 1moa. Yes they are extremely repeatable and works very simple as well. We offer barrel threading, muzzle brake installation/timing, target proofing unsuppressed and suppressed all at a one stop shop. Feel free to PM, email or call for further assistance.

I have two of Tims supressors. One titanium and one stainless. The sound suppression is excellent, QD is quick and easy. I would suggest you have Tim do the threading as well, I believe this is a big part of keeping the shift to a minimum, he will actually test fire with and without and tune the supressor. Good luck with your choice.

Just a quick note, we do all SAS barrel threading now for Tim, since we have busy with suppressors and muzzle brake work. This offer a one stop shop for the installation and sales now for the customers. Thanks and have a good day.

Talk you out of it?

OK....... go buy a TBAC 30BA !!!!!!

I've heard SAS cans are great, but I second KYS338.......look at a TBAC!! I have a BA on Form 3 now. Hard to beat for accuaracy/repeatability.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamawrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...full auto ok for 308 (light use)...</div></div>

If I wanted full auto capable, I would not go titanium, even if it is for light use (oxymoron??)
smile.gif
Just a thought.

Regards,
DT

IMO SAS Ti cans are top of the heap. You just can't beat the performance for under a grand...

Plus Tim is a super guy

I have no issues with SAS other then their finish work is not nearly as attentive to detail as the TBAC cans. When I received my Arbiter 30 cal it was apparent that they had cut the threaded end last. This is the stainless steel sleeve that goes onto your rifles threads fyi. They obviously did not bother to pull all the shavings, chips, and burrs out as I had to do it myself before use of the suppressor.

Do I regret buying it? No
Does it perform well? Of course
Would I recommend them to friends? Sure...

But it is the little things that matter. That few extra dollars goes to QC and someone looking down the inside of the can to ensure its not clogged up with metal shavings is worth it. Had I fired a round with the bore full of metal shavings I would hate to think what my can would have looked like, all that time and money invested I am not willing to take any risks on those first few shots.

Tim might be a super nice guy, but that sort of thing cannot go overlooked. I have two SAS cans, I am absolutely impressed with the AI Covert Can he did for Mile High.

SAS 30
$1,020 w/break
weight 14.5 oz
Mag rated
Titanium
extra breaks $125
DB -35.5
9" x 1.5"

TBAC 30BA
$1,245 w/break
weight 15.9 oz
Mag rated
Titanium
extra breaks $135
DB (not quoted)
9" x 1.5"

Special thanks to all the ideas/comments. That is what these boards are all about. The above data is what I can glean from the web sites. Looks like the opinions are that these are the two front runners. I don't have full auto .308 yet, but H&K sear is coming (fingers crossed). Not planning on using can on it, but you never know so I wanted can to strong enough for it. Perhaps that is not a practical requirement

I got to handle my M4-2000 and Sparrow SS today for the first time, and I have to say fit/finish is 10 out of 10. I do appreciate quality very much, so I will have to consider what kys338 said. The last step before boxing product should be final cleaning/visual inspections. I don't understand skipping this step. You save 5 min and its sets the first impression your customer has.

Yes sir you are correct on the numbers with the exception, we offer member discounts on the above. As mentioned before, I would not recommend TI suppressors on full auto weapon unless you exercise STRONG trigger control, and it just don't happen much honestly.

We completely agree on the final QC on the cans and have implemented controls within Mile High to address that issue so the customers are getting not only a clean and impressive product but as well a complete customer satisfying experience. Hope this helps and thanks to all posting information to further assist our fellow shooters.

I strongly suggest you do not shoot a Ti can on a FA weapon, EVER!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no issues with SAS other then their finish work is not nearly as attentive to detail as the TBAC cans. When I received my Arbiter 30 cal it was apparent that they had cut the threaded end last. This is the stainless steel sleeve that goes onto your rifles threads fyi. They obviously did not bother to pull all the shavings, chips, and burrs out as I had to do it myself before use of the suppressor.

Do I regret buying it? No
Does it perform well? Of course
Would I recommend them to friends? Sure...

But it is the little things that matter. That few extra dollars goes to QC and someone looking down the inside of the can to ensure its not clogged up with metal shavings is worth it. Had I fired a round with the bore full of metal shavings I would hate to think what my can would have looked like, all that time and money invested I am not willing to take any risks on those first few shots.

Tim might be a super nice guy, but that sort of thing cannot go overlooked. I have two SAS cans, I am absolutely impressed with the AI Covert Can he did for Mile High.

</div></div>

KYS338,

The batch of SAS .30 Arbiter quick attach cans that I just received look MUCH better than the first batch of SAS .30 cans I received close to 2 years ago. By "look", I mean that the engraving, painting, baffles (no shavings) look much more professional.

Darin Reiss
Black Hills Armory
Haysville, KS

I have no doubt Darin. I wasn't knocking the product at all. I think for the money it is an excellent buy into a Ti suppressor. I am actually looking forward to trying on of the QD cans when I find one in stock. I was just a little shocked that the money I had paid was getting me a can that no one had clearly looked thru and been like "oh shit we need to clean this one out before it leaves the shop".

Now, the can I got for my AI Covert is really nicely done. I have no complaints and its a cool setup!

I took Ky's criticism as constructive 100%. I am in business for myself, and we need all feedback to get better. Sounds like a very professional response on mile highs part. As for price, I quoted the MSRP from manufacturer web sites for comparison purposes only. I think most consumers anticipate a lower final price given among other things current economic conditions.

I am willing to drop the full auto capability as it seems a can with such a rating would not meet the majority of my goals. It was also the least important of my original goals. Besides a full auto 308 should sound like the devil lol.

Agree, constructive criticism should be taken, listened to and learned from. Every adventure, idea and attempt to make the trap better sometimes needs some helping hands/inputs along the way till things do meet most expectations. We currently have several SAS QD TI .30cal suppressors in stock, so call at your convenience to get the ball rolling on the form 3's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ MHSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agree, constructive criticism should be taken, listened to and learned from. Every adventure, idea and attempt to make the trap better sometimes needs some helping hands/inputs along the way till things do meet most expectations. We currently have several SAS QD TI .30cal suppressors in stock, so call at your convenience to get the ball rolling on the form 3's. </div></div>

And I need to talk with you on a few items, so I plan to call. Im getting a few form 4 apps signed tomorrow, and that should clear me up to get serious on the 30 can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no doubt Darin. I wasn't knocking the product at all. I think for the money it is an excellent buy into a Ti suppressor. I am actually looking forward to trying on of the QD cans when I find one in stock. I was just a little shocked that the money I had paid was getting me a can that no one had clearly looked thru and been like "oh shit we need to clean this one out before it leaves the shop".

Now, the can I got for my AI Covert is really nicely done. I have no complaints and its a cool setup! </div></div>

KY, I agree, the product is now looking very good and just as quiet as it has always been.

Darin

Dang JRose, that's very impressive. I might be taking a harder look at the SAS QD, as long as they do a brake in 5/8 threads so I can shoot subcaliber on my AR's.

Then again, I have heard good things about the TBAC 30BA. KYS338: any poi comparison pics between suppressed vs non-suppressed with the 30BA? I know each rifle is a bit different, but it would be nice to see a comparison average with both since poi shift between hosts is going to be most important to a lot of guys on here.

They both seem like great cans.

My buddy is waiting on the ATF to pick up his TB can. We'll do some side by side when he gets it. TB enjoys a good reputation as well, I'll be anxious to see how it does. Like I said, in all honesty, POI shift and weight is the two most important performance aspects I look for in a can for my long guns.

Yes we offer the .30cal QD Muzzle brake in 1/2x28 for AR installation, 5/8x24, 3/4x24, M18x1.0 and M18x1.5.

That sounds great man, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in that test. ETA on that TBAC?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ETA on that TBAC? </div></div>

HAHAHAHAHA.... This is government efficiency at it's finest... What used to take 2 weeks is now "don't hold your breath..."

You would think that collecting $200 for absolutely no reason whatsoever would warrant a little speedy service.

And is there a 556 size brake that is compatible with the .308 SAS, like yhm does? Or would it be a 308 brake on my AR15 to make it fit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ETA on that TBAC? </div></div>

HAHAHAHAHA.... This is government efficiency at it's finest... What used to take 2 weeks is now "don't hold your breath..."

<span style="color: #FF0000">You would think that collecting $200 for absolutely no reason whatsoever would warrant a little speedy service.</span>

</div></div>

Preaching to the choir, boss! They are fast as hell to cash their money but licking a stamp and entering some numbers into a computer database takes 6-8 months?!

COME ON!

Special thanks to Stacey for his time on the phone. Stacey really knows his stuff, and gave me concrete answers to some issues that were perplexing to me. He is working up a quote now for a couple different things, and I look forward to doing business with the guys at mile high.

You are very welcome and my pleasure to assist. Quoted for your review. Thanks KYS338, we truly try to provide world class customer service here @ Mile High Shooting Accessories and we appreciate all our customers support.

A big thanks to Stacy @ Mile High. Just got off the phone with him and changed my mind from a YHM Phontom to the SAS on my new GAP-10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cornholeo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A big thanks to Stacy @ Mile High. Just got off the phone with him and changed my mind from a YHM Phontom to the SAS on my new GAP-10. </div></div>

Now for the hard part...finding a box that fits rifles. My guess is a gun store would be a good place to start.

If you can not find a box, I would recommend either purchasing one of the quality cases mentioned such as Pelican, Storm or Starlight to protect your weapon. Also check your local packing/shipping stores. You may have to get a couple and tape them together for overall length but normally they can be found. Best wishes and have a great weekend.