• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Tall Hunting Clothes

bujayman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
Looking for some help from other Big Fellas out there.

I need some new hunting clothes, my 10 year old Cabelas clothes just don't have another season in them.

I use to be able to get Talls at Cabelas that fit close enough, the unhemmed pants would stay that way and be long enough. Unfortunately since Bass Pro bought Cabelas their B&T clothes have dwindled to pretty much nothing, so what are you other tall guys wearing?

I need a 38x38 preferably or 38x36 minimum pants and an XLT jacket because I need 38" sleeves.

Have seen some Kings Camo and First Lite that looks like they may work but was hoping someone here had some experience or alternatives before spending that kind of money. I know Sitka talls are too short as I have tried.

Anyway....what ya'll wearing?

I know that KUIU just came out with some Tall versions of their Attack pants that can be let out to a 37" inseam. Not entirely sure about their tops as I haven't really looked into them.

I’ve found that Midway has a selection of tall sizes in hunting gear.

Filson.

Lots of their wool stuff comes unhemmed for you to have your tailor fit you.

Im pretty confident in my inseam and I have Filson do the hemming and have not been upset.

Only downside to Filson....you get pretty much just traditional colors - OD or Gray - limited camo.

Their wool is dynamite though.

Stormy Kromer I just noted makes some good made in USA wool stuff also - havent tried there stuff but looks quality slightly less expensive than Filson.

My bad if assuming you need warm clothes is in error. I live where hunting is a cold weather thing for the most part.

Filson.

Lots of their wool stuff comes unhemmed for you to have your tailor fit you.

Im pretty confident in my inseam and I have Filson do the hemming and have not been upset.

Only downside to Filson....you get pretty much just traditional colors - OD or Gray - limited camo.

Their wool is dynamite though.

Stormy Kromer I just noted makes some good made in USA wool stuff also - havent tried there stuff but looks quality slightly less expensive than Filson.

My bad if assuming you need warm clothes is in error. I live where hunting is a cold weather thing for the most part.

Appreciate the help. I live in Warm weather but do most of my hunting in colder climates. I'm looking to stuff that I can layer, if nothing else I've got some flannel lined Filson pants I can just wear under some Camo rain gear. Thanks for mentioning them, I forgot about them. I was a big fan of their boots until they changed them.

Appreciate the help. I live in Warm weather but do most of my hunting in colder climates. I'm looking to stuff that I can layer, if nothing else I've got some flannel lined Filson pants I can just wear under some Camo rain gear. Thanks for mentioning them, I forgot about them. I was a big fan of their boots until they changed them.

I'm just a huge fan of wool and they have some of the best.